*2008: Members Only* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nall
Site Admin

*2008: Members Only* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby nall » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:03 am

SOUTH PARK
TITLE: MEMBERS ONLY
Episode #2008 Air date: November 16, 2016
The new President-elect pays a visit to his hometown.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *2008: Members Only* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:16 am

Get your raincoats out - lots of member berry vomit coming! :cartmanlaugh:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:19 am

Press images:
LWBMatt

Postby LWBMatt » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:20 am

I'm betting this will be a return to Arkansas. Memba? World Wide Recorder Concert from Season 3?

Garrison's parents were in a picture frame last episode, so I'm betting they'll have an appearance! Hopefully they do. Hope there'll be a callback to Garrison's dad not molesting him and/or Kenny G.
fluffymystic.deviantart.com - my deviantART
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:28 am

Press release is up:
THE PRESIDENT-ELECT VISITS SOUTH PARK
ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE PREMIERING ON
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

--------
All-New Season 20 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD
Exclusively on SouthPark.cc.com and Hulu
--------
Barneys New York Collaborates with South Park on
Holiday Window Display Launching on Friday, November 18
--------

NEW YORK, November 14, 2016 – The President-elect has some unfinished business with his hometown on an all-new episode of South Park titled "Members Only” on Wednesday, November 16 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Gerald tries anything to escape the Troll Hunter’s revenge. Meanwhile, Cartman and Heidi make their way to SpaceX to try to get on the first rocket leaving for Mars.

Barneys New York, the luxury specialty retailer, has collaborated with Matt Stone and Trey Parker among other celebrated artists for their 2016 holiday: Love Peace Joy Project. The visual homage to “South Park’s 20th season will be unveiled on Friday, November 18 in the southern window on Madison Avenue. 

All-new episodes from this season will be available to stream in HD exclusively on South Park Studios and Hulu the day after they premiere. Fans will continue to have next-day access to new episodes, as well as the entire “South Park” library, across all internet-connected devices with a Hulu subscription. New episodes and a selection of curated episodes will be available to stream on SouthPark.cc.com, cc.com and the Comedy Central App.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of “South Park.” Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning "South Park." Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. Chris Brion is the Creative Director of South Park Digital Studios. "South Park's" Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.

Comedy Central's "South Park" launched on August 13, 1997. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at Midnight (all times ET/PT). “South Park” season 20 will begin rolling out on Comedy Central channels internationally in October. The uncensored episodes are also available for download on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network, Vudu and Verizon Flexview.
jamespuppolo

Postby jamespuppolo » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:31 am

I could use a "Lovely Rita" reference from Heidi and Cartman at this point.
Say's The Naked Knight From "Ghosts 'n Goblins"
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:37 am

Looks like Garrison's gone full Trump, lol.

LWBMatt

Postby LWBMatt » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:56 am

The description confuses me, though.

It says that Garrison visits his hometown. If this means he's visiting South Park, it wouldn't make sense because in the last episode, he was STILL in South Park.

If he's visiting Arkansas then I won't need to ask questions about it.

Anyway, I'm hoping to see if Garrison vomits on PC Principal. I'm betting at least one of the kids gets membervomited on too.
fluffymystic.deviantart.com - my deviantART
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:00 am

I wonder how Mr. Garrison's folks are taking the news that their son is going to become the President of the United States, that should be an interesting reunion. Also, is there any chance the boys and girls finally unite and save the world from being overrun by member berries? I also hope to God that nothing terrible happens to Heidi, she so smart, funny, sweet and pretty and doesn't deserve to be killed or maimed by a potential dastardly scheme being harbored by Cartman or some other sort of catastrophic event! She is so awesome and Matt and Trey really need to keep her as a lead character on the show because it would finally give South Park a full-time go to female character like just about every other adult animated sitcom has and she would add a great deal of flavor to the show's brand! I'm really starting to get to love Heidi Turner, perhaps even as much as I love Wendy and maybe even Red!
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:02 am

When I saw the 'hometown' headline I too, thought of Arkansas, and even imagined the Garrisons and Clintons running into each other there, heh :)

It'll be curious what Garrison does back home in town with his newfound power. I joked on Facebook that Matt and Trey don't need PC Principal anymore. If they have any regrets about last season, now is a logical time to fix them. I had JUST given up hope on Garrison eventually hitting a wig. Guess those glasses'll disappear in a few weeks if they don't bring the real Donald in.

I have no commentary towards SpaceX or Gerald, except that I hope if we see Elon Musk, there's a Handicar nod, and I have to confess I've really grown bored with Gerald's storyline. I was fine with it for several weeks but it's out of steam.

I hope the season moves into the final phases of it's storylines this week and that the last two episodes have sufficient time to breathe as we reach a climax, preferably with the female and male characters coming to a resolution and Gerald's identity being exposed. SP's been a little weak towards the Gender War subplot since the first couple episodes, imo
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:08 am

That Garrison is in PC Principal's (upgraded) office seems to indicate that he considers South Park his hometown now.

JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:18 am

Big-Will wrote:That Garrison is in PC Principal's (upgraded) office seems to indicate that he considers South Park his hometown now.
Yeah, no, I thought of Arkansas but I think the pictures point to him just being in South Park for the week. The real question is what this unfinished business might be - just converting everybody, or something more specific?
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:35 am

Two problems:
1. Arkansas is a state, not a town, and a specific town in it has never been pegged as Garrison's home town.
2. The only unfinished business he had there was his sexuality - being upset that his father didn't rape him.

JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:50 am

As long as I was logged in, I put in an early start for this episode's wiki page.

Notice a missing plot thread: no sign of Butters or Bill Clinton's Gentlemans' Club. I imagine they'll minimize or drop the angle since the joke is out-of-date. Gerald's plot also makes no reference to Clinton at this point, not that I'd expect one.

I think the best path to "save" the season is to wrap up the election arc and Gerald's story here or next week latest, so the last episode or two can focus squarely on the Gender War and the adults vs. Member Berries. These are simpler stories with the highest stakes. Gerald and Garrison can tie into the Member Berries plot so he's not gone per se, just no longer split off into their own subplots, i.e. how Randy, Victoria and Garrison teamed up last season.
Female345

Postby Female345 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:03 am

I wonder if the hometown in question will be South Park.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”