*2010: The End of Serialization as We Know It*

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx 2

Re: *2010: The End of Serialization as We Know It*

Postby zzyzx 2 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:23 am

Big-Will wrote:Can't wait to see what Heidi has been planning all along. Until now, she's been going along with Cartman's vision, but asking once in a while if he's sure it will work, and saying she'd miss everyone. She's given no hint of any intentions on her part.
All we really know about Heidi as portrayed in season 20 is that she was the first to give up social media without saying good-bye, and she's big on any topic as long as she can use emoji analysis, as she did in episode 2009 at SpaceX. What does that all mean? How will member berries fit into all of this for a conclusion? Tune in tomorrow, same SP time, same SP channel!
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:01 am

While I would loathe to see them rehash S19's arc and turn Heidi into a key villain, it would definitely add a new layer to the story by suggesting some manipulation on her part, if mild. She was a "two-faced bitch" in TSOT after all, and exhibited some superficial traits back in her S9 appearances, including displeasure when she's assigned Cartman for the egg project. She's even accusatory toward him in "Member Berries". Of similar note, she's the one who actually approaches Cartman in "The Damned" when he's cut off. There's a precedent she can be confrontational, though perhaps not outright manipulative.

I wrote these two years ago as a good team, with Heidi only just better than a female Cartman - whenever he'd have a scheme, she'd follow along like a top henchwoman. I wasn't familiar with Batman at the time, but a friend of mine recently suggested based on my description that she was a Harley Quinn figure to his Joker, which I found apt. It could be interesting if SP matched along to that old route of mine, and it'd give Heiman the ability to survive while restoring classic Cartman.... but I doubt Trey would think so closely to myself.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:29 am

Preview clip for 2010 isn't up yet :?

Hopefully soon!
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:40 am

Big-Will wrote:- Memberberries evil plot (!)

- Garrissn as president

- Denmark's evil plot

- Tension between boys and girls as South Park elementary.

- Cartman/Haidi love story

- Butters issues, Hillary's plot to milk all the males for their semen.
I think Matt and Trey bit off more than they could chew.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:51 am

zzyzx 2 wrote:Preview clip for 2010 isn't up yet :?
It's here now - http://cart.mn/2010-promo
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:30 am

nall wrote:
This doesn't look too good for Heidi's future, does it? I wish every girl on the show would stop turning evil and then getting subsequently getting killed off!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:43 am

So Cartman put two and two together, eh?

"one day, [girls] plan to make us obsolete and stick us underground where we just get milked for our semen."

But Cartman is taking a girl to Mars with him, and with all the women that have been with him in his daydreams, he's coming to the conclusion that the milking will take place underground alright, but on Mars, not on Earth. So now he doesn't wanna go to Mars. :o

Heidi, RUN!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:46 am

nwt000 wrote:
nall wrote:
This doesn't look too good for Heidi's future, does it? I wish every girl on the show would stop turning evil and then getting subsequently getting killed off!
Thanks, nall :D

I don't get all the dialogue of the clip. As Cartman bounces along on Mars, he says something that to me is inaudible. Perhaps it's a crucial or critical sentence to know what he says. But I can't hear it. All I know is that two adults take off his face mask, and as the air rushes away, he says: "Noooooo...."

Question @nwt000: what does this have to do with Heidi's future, or that every girl on the show turns evil and then gets killed off the show? I saw two adults remove Cartman's mask. Hopefully the episode itself on Wednesday will clear this all up. Maybe there will be a second clip? One where I can figure out the inaudible sentence? Maybe one of the BBS members can tell me what was said. Thanks :)

Edit:

I've seen the clip 7 times now. I still can't get that line. Anyway, Cartman "knows" what happens on Mars. He then bounces along, says something inaudible (to me, that is), then he says that "you don't have to do this." Then these two adult women take his face mask off. Maybe there is no need for a face mask underground on Mars? Wednesday has a lot of wrapping up to do!
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:51 am

I believe he says "What is this place?"
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:46 am

nall wrote:I believe he says "What is this place?"
That's it! Thanks nall :cartmanhappy:

Now I get the way that the sequence in the clip progresses. And I think I understand a little bit more of Cartman's vision of what happens on Mars 8)

Cartman asks "what is this place," and he realizes too late what it is, and cries out "Nooooo....." when his face mask is being removed.

I (and I'm sure others on the board) thank you for the clarification of the sentence :)
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:14 pm

zzyzx 2 wrote: Question @nwt000: what does this have to do with Heidi's future, or that every girl on the show turns evil and then gets killed off the show?
The description mentions Cartman figuring out why Heidi wants him sent to Mars and my fear is that Heidi, who I consider to be part of the core group of girls, was evil all this time or that Cartman is setting her up to be killed. My fear about all of the girls secretly being evil and getting killed off is rooted in the whole Leslie situation from last season. My fear is that Trey and Matt are going to make killing off one girl a season a tradition, which would be deeply disturbing.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:34 pm

Leslie was not human. She was an ad. She also was only a 1 season character.

Heidi on the other hand...been around awhile. Has parents. Has a bit of a back story. Has a history with Cartman.
Stan and Kyle :)
jamespuppolo

Postby jamespuppolo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:23 pm

I keep thinking of a canary in a coal mine by the way Cartman was talking about visionary. I wonder if there will be a song?
Say's The Naked Knight From "Ghosts 'n Goblins"
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:27 pm

Any chances that they wont finish the story by tomorrow, and they have to carry it over into Season 21?
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:57 pm

kfgg wrote:Leslie was not human. She was an ad. She also was only a 1 season character.

Heidi on the other hand...been around awhile. Has parents. Has a bit of a back story. Has a history with Cartman.
Yeah, my fingers are crossed that Heidi makes it out of all of this okay and doesn't turn evil in the process, hopefully her long tenure on the show saves her from all of that grief.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”