*2010: The End of Serialization As We Know It* Post-Air Thread

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

kfgg
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:12 am

Re: *2010: The End of Serialization As We Know It* Post-Air Thread

Postby kfgg » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:42 am

Not gonna do that. It's been discussed a lot here over the last 13+ years I've been around here. A lot of people think I'm crazy for even bringing it up. A lot of it is kinda subtle, like the aliens hidden in the background. A lot of it is blatant. There's maybe 1 scene in this episode that I can stick together to another subtle thing from the game, which I never had the chance to play, I'm not a gamer.

Trying to stay on topic here though......
Stan and Kyle :)
VACOOLA
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: *2010: The End of Serialization As We Know It* Post-Air Thread

Postby VACOOLA » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:27 pm

nall wrote:
VACOOLA wrote:And besides, gay characters only make an appearance on the show once in a blue moon. How often do we get to see Satan or Mr. Slave these days? Each time it's a great comeback, like with Mr. Slave this year, but a fact is a fact. If Craig and Tweek become an established gay couple, chances are they will disappear for a long period of time, if not for good. Damn, they almost have already.
This argument doesn't really make sense either. Regarding gay characters disappearing, there is a correlation there, not a causation. A lot of characters disappear for long times, regardless of their sexual orientation.
It doesn't make sense because it doesn't have to. None of this makes any sense, actually, considering it's cartoon characters we are talking about, not real people, right? It's the fate of all fictional characters to disappear eventually, which is one thing they have in common with real people. I want Cwaig and Treek to be used on the show, not forgotten or killed off like Pip. But of course it's Trey's call. It's only for him to decide whether to keep using his creations or terminate them with extreme prejudice on a whim. He has every right to do either. The part about gay characters disappearing from the show was supposed to be a joke, while my real point was that Trey could use their presumably fake relationship as a plot device for a future episode (probably a two-parter, but definitely not an entire season!) centered on the two. I'd like to see them do their utmost to try and cover up their dating hoax, to prevent it from getting exposed.

There is one other thing that I haven't mentioned, which I think goes without saying: just because both Traig and Cweek might theoretically be gay DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN THEY ARE ATTRACTED TO EACH OTHER. The assertion that gay people only fall in love with other gay people just because they are gay is something Cartman would come up with. It's certainly a picture from his "ideal world" where black people will only date other black people, Latinos will fall in love with Latinos exclusively etc. It simply doesn't work that way. Crack and Tweeg could be faking their relationship just as they could be faking their sexual orientation in order to please those who want to see them date each other, including some of us here. You have your reasons to believe their relationship is real, I have mine to take it with a grain of salt. And yes, it's only a matter of belief, unless you have some valuable inside information on the subject that you are willing to share with us.

I don't want to blow it out of proportion, but the fact that the two fictional rascals have managed to hijack this thread and derail it beyond repair further proves my point. They can be very useful in the future due to the amount of controversy surrounding their presumably fake relationship. That's why the "truth" about it should probably never be completely revealed. We should rather be kept in suspense.
mario88
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: *2010: The End of Serialization As We Know It* Post-Air Thread

Postby mario88 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:51 pm

another interesting aspect about the "tweek x craig" episode is how everyone was happy for them, for their love overcoming every difficulty. in a way, they were like a modern version of romeo and juliet, except with a happy ending. everyone re-discovers love thanks to them, because they think something like: "if their love is stronger than everything, we can enjoy our love, too". which to me means that people feel a need to re-discover their feelings and live them to the fullest. oh, and the song at the end of the episode was super funny.

by the way, i know we are way off topic with this. :mrgreen:

as for trey being the master of south park, i have to quote south park on this, episode "Free Hat": "when an artist creates, whatever they create belongs to society". so yes, he could make explode an atomic bomb on south park and make everyone die, but at least when it comes to interpretation, south park it's not just their creation anymore.
Last edited by mario88 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
He is the record!
kfgg
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:12 am

Re: *2010: The End of Serialization As We Know It* Post-Air Thread

Postby kfgg » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:32 pm

Ok I'll bite. This is about Stan, and Kyle. 13, almost 14 years I've seen something with them.

Wendy: Stan's relationship with Wendy is always forced and does not seem happy. This is a common thing.
Kyle: Same, for whatever girl he dated. It was all forced. You can sense it.

Trey: Stan would probably grow up gay ('98)

Stan & Kyle's relationship, a lot of people thought Trey and Matt were gay for awhile. They did a lot of gay things. This obviously rubbed off on the show. That said, it's not all 100%. Butters for example is based on Eric Stough, who is gay. Butters is not really gay. Just has Eric's personality. Matt & Trey are basically straight. Married. Kids. Life.

Stan & Kyle's actions have been taken way beyond typical friendship. Season 17, Stan gets emotional and almost cries for being on a different side. Kyle winds up sulking afterward. Very intense. In The Stick Of Truth, Stan seems to have sorta Kyle's Knight In Shining Armor role, which is often romantic.

Guitar Queer-O and Assburgers play out like a love story almost. "I'm with Cartman (Burger) now" throw in 2 "I love you's" (There were 2 more in The China Probrem)

Season 18, if you want a subtle hint, watch the end of the first episode of that season. Stan looks right at Kyle's backside with a happy look on his face. What else would he be looking at there? The floor?

Others: The Death Camp Of Tolerance. Garrison starts spanking Mr. Slave. Everybody looks in shock. Stan? Looks at Kyle. Again in The Lord Of The Rings episode. Their parents go in graphic detail. Kyle looks in shock, Stan at Kyle.

"Oh that's so sweet you guys you wanna go get a room so you can make out for awhile?" (Super Best Friends)

"You can't just hang with your busdy Kyle all the time, people are going to think you guys are, you know, funny." (Two Guys Naked In A Hot Tub)

Kyle for whatever reason seemingly carrying a picture of him and Stan wherever he goes (Asspen)

How do they celebrate the word "Fag" getting changed in the Dictionary? How about a passionate hug.
https://68.media.tumblr.com/791dd3f1b0d ... 1_1280.png

Flight Home? Looks a bit cozy. https://68.media.tumblr.com/af517172208 ... 1_1280.jpg

Follow That Egg.
The Return Of Chef.
Smug Alert.
Cherokee Hair Tampons
The "move" Kyle made to Stan while dancing at The Raging Pussies concert. Blink and you'll miss it.
Quintuplets 2000 (Blink and you'll miss it)
Stan going thru extreme lengths for Kyle
The "parent" roles they played in The Jeffersons, Follow That Egg, About Last Night, Dead Celebrities, and "Grandpa" at the end of Season 18.

This is not even half of it. It's so blatantly obvious yet subtle at the same time. There's so much of it. It's not hard to wonder when you have all this and more right in front of you.

Tweek & Craig, not as obvious but declared in Season 19.

Alright I'll just leave this here. And as for the episode, looking forward to 21.
Stan and Kyle :)
nall
Site Admin
Posts: 1646
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 2:52 pm

Re: *2010: The End of Serialization As We Know It* Post-Air Thread

Postby nall » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:50 pm

VACOOLA wrote:It doesn't make sense because it doesn't have to.
My point was about your logic, where you tripped on a common fallacy.
VACOOLA wrote:There is one other thing that I haven't mentioned, which I think goes without saying: just because both Traig and Cweek might theoretically be gay DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN THEY ARE ATTRACTED TO EACH OTHER. The assertion that gay people only fall in love with other gay people just because they are gay is something Cartman would come up with. It's certainly a picture from his "ideal world" where black people will only date other black people, Latinos will fall in love with Latinos exclusively etc. It simply doesn't work that way.
Oh, I agree; this seems to happen commonly in South Park, although (usually) ending happily. A similar example is Token and Nichole, who were pushed together because they're both black. Yet, they are (were?) dating and seemed very happy.

Craig and Tweek are good friends who've been pushed into a relationship. In real life, sometimes good friends who become lovers have great relationships... but sometimes it doesn't. This aspect remains to be seen.
kfgg wrote:(A bunch of stuff about Stan)
I see your point, although there's a difference between behaviors commonly associated with gay people, and being gay. It's possible Stan could be the former.
kfgg wrote:Butters for example is based on Eric Stough, who is gay.
Uhm, pretty sure Eric Stough is not gay.
Big-Will wrote:Might as well start a thread about it in Character Discussion if there really is that much to Stan's sexual orientation.
Yes, I agree this thread has veered way off topic.
kfgg
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:12 am

Re: *2010: The End of Serialization As We Know It* Post-Air Thread

Postby kfgg » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:15 pm

kfgg wrote:Butters for example is based on Eric Stough, who is gay.
nall wrote:Uhm, pretty sure Eric Stough is not gay.
Really? I swear he was. My mistake. So sorry. I'm so ashamed of myself.
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18815
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: *2010: The End of Serialization As We Know It* Post-Air Thread

Postby Big-Will » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:24 pm

kfgg wrote:Guitar Queer-O and Assburgers play out like a love story almost. "I'm with Cartman (Burger) now" throw in 2 "I love you's"
Oh, I 'member: Is Stan actually a woman?
kfgg wrote:Season 18, if you want a subtle hint, watch the end of the first episode of that season. Stan looks right at Kyle's backside with a happy look on his face. What else would he be looking at there? The floor?
Could be he wasn't looking at anything in particular, or just the soda can. He was just enjoying the success with the Washington Redskins enterprise with the other guys. :)
kfgg wrote:"I'm with Cartman Burger now"
Considering Stan's drunken state at the time, I'd have said that too, lol.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
huckleberry1234
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Re: *2010: The End of Serialization As We Know It* Post-Air Thread

Postby huckleberry1234 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:16 am

wowowow there's so many conspiracy theories here I'm starting to think I was watching everything the wrong way.

I didn't listen! ;_;

but seriously, why do you care so much who's gay and who's not? ^__^
noob
kfgg
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:12 am

Re: *2010: The End of Serialization As We Know It* Post-Air Thread

Postby kfgg » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:34 am

I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I just sorta relay what I see.

Go listen to Stan (And Kyle) flap their hands and say "OMG" and "I'm completely freaking out!" if you want some stereotypical stuff. (Season 13, WTF)

Gay or straight, drunk or sober, they DO love each other.
https://68.media.tumblr.com/62a34c1f639 ... o1_500.jpg

To return to topic:

1. I believe Sheila freaks out because she's from Jersey.
2. Rick Rolling is so...2008. Guess nobody told the Danish.
3. Kyle drinks a can of Sprite instead of wine.
4. Gerald's 88.1 is obviously KKJZ Long Beach even though that's not in Colorado. Not the first time they used an LA-area radio frequency.
Stan and Kyle :)
VACOOLA
Posts: 666
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: *2010: The End of Serialization As We Know It* Post-Air Thread

Postby VACOOLA » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:54 am

nall wrote:
VACOOLA wrote:It doesn't make sense because it doesn't have to.
My point was about your logic, where you tripped on a common fallacy.
A joke, nall. It's called a joke. J-O-K-E. A grotesque hyperbole with a touch of innocent exaggeration. How can someone working for a comedy show be so dead serious all the time? Do you, guys, ever cut loose over there at the Studios? Make fun of each other or maybe even *lowers voice* your bosses? I understand that comedy is a serious business, but not that serious after all. :lol:

To conclude this wonderful discussion, I'd like to wish :craig: & :tweek: to get more attention in the upcoming seasons plus the best of luck with their supposedly fake gay romance. In the meantime they can touch each other's dicks and/or gander at each other's assholes all they want, just as PC Principal suggested.

Okay, now let's get this goddamn thread back on track already.
nall
Site Admin
Posts: 1646
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 2:52 pm

Re: *2010: The End of Serialization As We Know It* Post-Air Thread

Postby nall » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:06 am

VACOOLA wrote:In the meantime they can touch each other's dicks and/or gander at each other's assholes all they want, just as PC Principal suggested.
A weird thing to wish for 10 year olds. I'll assume that's a joke ;). Anyway, no need to get so worked up, it's just an Internet forum.
kfgg wrote:Gay or straight, drunk or sober, they DO love each other.
Kind of like that song from Scrubs?. Could be an apt comparison to Stan and Kyle. ;)
kfgg wrote:To return to topic:
Yes, please.
kfgg wrote:1. I believe Sheila freaks out because she's from Jersey.
2. Rick Rolling is so...2008. Guess nobody told the Danish.
3. Kyle drinks a can of Sprite instead of wine.
4. Gerald's 88.1 is obviously KKJZ Long Beach even though that's not in Colorado. Not the first time they used an LA-area radio frequency.
I had to laugh that
a) Lennart's phone was using Cingular (now AT&T) even though he's in Denmark, and
b) that the Macs displayed a DOS prompt after the Internet reset.
nall
Site Admin
Posts: 1646
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 2:52 pm

Re: *2010: The End of Serialization As We Know It* Post-Air Thread

Postby nall » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:15 am

On a related topic, what was up with Cartman and Heidi at the very end there? Opinions? ;)
kfgg
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 12:12 am

Re: *2010: The End of Serialization As We Know It* Post-Air Thread

Postby kfgg » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:25 am

Looks like they'll stick together, at least for awhile. She likes him. He probably still likes her
Stan and Kyle :)
mario88
Posts: 304
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: *2010: The End of Serialization As We Know It* Post-Air Thread

Postby mario88 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:18 am

nall wrote:On a related topic, what was up with Cartman and Heidi at the very end there? Opinions? ;)
my take on this is that it won't last. they became a couple because they were like two people on a desert island. it's true that sometimes love stories which started by chance then become the stories of a lifetime, but cartman is still too self-centered and heidi will notice this sooner or later: at that point, she will leave him. they will stay friends though, she will be grateful to cartman for making her believe in herself.
Last edited by mario88 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He is the record!
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18815
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: *2010: The End of Serialization As We Know It* Post-Air Thread

Postby Big-Will » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:35 pm

They'll last. :) Until he screws up, then either PC Principal or Mr. Turner (have you seen the muscles on him?) will beat the crap out of him.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests