*2101: White People Renovating Houses* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Sgt. Sarge

Re: *2101: White People Renovating Houses* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Sgt. Sarge » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:39 pm

Well now I do feel mixed despite being pretty happy after it just finished.

First off, I love the Cartman/ Heidi plot. I know a lot of people will be pretty disappointing that they broke up but their relationship was based on a concept that was padded the hell out of the last season and towards the end it left the pair in a rocky position. Cartman was "disillusioned" and Heidi didn't have much to say in the role of future plots, breaking them up made perfect sense as it gives more for Heidi to work off of and puts Cartman back in form as the assh*le we know and love. And I did love the ship like a lot of other people so I will say this, Stan and Wendy broke up before and they got back together several seasons later. So I guess don't worry if they don't bring this back up in next weeks episode, the South Park team writes these episodes in a short time so what they decide to do with these character can change on a whim.

Now as for the Randy plot, the best I can use to describe it is disjointed.
I get what they were going for on how the right leaning culture is upset that their culture is being lost to a new wave and machines taking jobs is a great and accurate metaphor for it, But Randy and Sharron's home renovation didn't mesh well with it. The one particular incident that made me tilt my head was Randy complaining in the court that the name of his show "White people renovating houses" was being associated with the rednecks. I know Matt and Trey said they didn't want to focus on political events as much this season however I think they backtracked a little because of those reasons. Its like the Cartman/Heidi story was simple and could have easily been worked on to be a standalone piece but the Randy story feels like they pulled back at the last minute instead of really doing something with the current event.

Also Randy suddenly being a renovator was.... out of nowhere.

The good to take away here is that Cartman is doing his thing again, Heidi has some things going on that could be addressed down the line and hopefully there will be no huge political crap to derail the town adventures that we are all looking forward to.
Yosh! Life is good cause I want it that way.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:25 pm

Enjoyable season opener had it funny moments with Alexa & Jim Bob :D & using the flags to cool down soup & swat a fly.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:04 pm

I guess I should not read Facebook comments. Lot of complaints about this one, which makes me more depressed about the modern world....

One thing I literally didn’t notice was an audio problem. Sound effects and music were louder than voice. I had to go back and watch it again to see what people were talking about. Guess that can be fixed though.

Other than that, This episode had everything I’d expect. Some laughs, some social commentary. I don’t know what’s wrong with people....
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:04 am

'I never knew Alexa had such a potty mouth': South Park episode activates viewers' Alexa and Google Home devices, creating 'erroneous alarms' and shopping lists for 'hairy balls'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... z4shXKxJV2
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:42 am

kfgg wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:04 pm
One thing I literally didn’t notice was an audio problem. Sound effects and music were louder than voice. I had to go back and watch it again to see what people were talking about. Guess that can be fixed though.
I noticed the faint voices and loud music on the live stream here. but the sound is fine on the download I got yesterday night.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:25 am

It was probably a mixing error (Or even a processing error with the satellite uplink)
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:36 am

JamesPolo wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:04 am
'I never knew Alexa had such a potty mouth': South Park episode activates viewers' Alexa and Google Home devices, creating 'erroneous alarms' and shopping lists for 'hairy balls'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... z4shXKxJV2
No fucking way! That makes this episode at least three times funnier! 8)
In my mind, they knew this might happen and that's why they had that runner in this episode. If it wasn't intentional, that makes it even funnier still. Awesome.

I picked up on the not-so-subtle metaphor between opening up the floor plan of a house and opening up the world view of one's mind. Balancing this smart humor with the boys making Cartman's Alexa say dirty words was a good way to lighten the episode with a solid runner. Fatass has a bizarre shopping list now. :D

I for one am glad to see Cartman self-destruct his relationship with Heidi. She is way too fucking good for Lardo. And he torpedoed that relationship by being completely Cartman. Totally self-absorbed in thinking everything is happening to him; pretending to be a victim when he's actually being the asshole. Fatass has embodied what we now call the "alt-right" for 20 years now.
Last season still strikes me as odd that Tubbo didn't glom on to Turmpism since he is every Trump Chump in a single person. It seems like a natural allegiance between Cartman and President Garrison given the history of these characters, so in the back of my mind I am hoping this is some step in that direction. They form this evil empire that must be defeated by the caring and reasonable Stan and Kyle.

You read it! You can't unread it!
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:58 am

I still think that Cartman and Heidi will be back together next week.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
Alex Shir

Postby Alex Shir » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:01 pm

It's good job of Trey and Matt! High lvl of showmakers skills and desision of some plot's problems from 20s.
Mainly - Cartman's liaison with Heidi. Cartman just a little boy, he is not ready for serious relations, especially with so smart, some nerdy girl. And Cartman-with-Heidi has no any reason for serial plot: "every families are happy alike", but nobody care about it, happiness is uninteresting. Cartman is doomed to be assh*le, it's a law of TV-marketing and SP-lore. :lol:
Line with Randy and Derryl was beautiful but... some technically perfect? It's just my impression, this serie seems is destitute of soul? Maybe there are because a so few place for other boys and we have no view from first person, we see TV-show, not story.
I see that Trey and Matt are in a searching, and I believe in them! 8)
Sorry for my bad English, guys. It's not my native language.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:37 pm

Alex Shir wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:01 pm
It's good job of Trey and Matt! High lvl of showmakers skills and desision of some plot's problems from 20s.
Mainly - Cartman's liaison with Heidi. Cartman just a little boy, he is not ready for serious relations, especially with so smart, some nerdy girl. And Cartman-with-Heidi has no any reason for serial plot: "every families are happy alike", but nobody care about it, happiness is uninteresting. Cartman is doomed to be assh*le, it's a law of TV-marketing and SP-lore. :lol:
Line with Randy and Derryl was beautiful but... some technically perfect? It's just my impression, this serie seems is destitute of soul? Maybe there are because a so few place for other boys and we have no view from first person, we see TV-show, not story.
I see that Trey and Matt are in a searching, and I believe in them! 8)
Yeah, I thought the best part of the episode was the techno jargon. Randy starts babbling about the wall post and how he would have to jack it up with something in Darryl's house.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:41 pm

Adjustable steel Lally columns to temporarily jack up the second floor and a 4 by 6 LVL structural beam. Once the beam is in place, the columns are removed and you have your open concept. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Alex Shir

Postby Alex Shir » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:15 am

Big-Will wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:41 pm
Adjustable steel Lally columns to temporarily jack up the second floor and a 4 by 6 LVL structural beam. Once the beam is in place, the columns are removed and you have your open concept. :)
Yeah, it was AWESOME :lol:
Sorry for my bad English, guys. It's not my native language.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:58 pm

Big-Will wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:29 am
And there's no way I see any of the girls becoming a female Cartman. Just NO.
This is Trey and Matt's show so they can do whatever they want such as bringing Cartman and Heidi back together while pleasing both hardcore Cartman fans and Heiman fans as well. If Heidi started acting like Cartman to win him back, it might as well work.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
Sgt. Sarge

Postby Sgt. Sarge » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:56 pm

SouthAl93 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:58 pm
Big-Will wrote:
If Heidi started acting like Cartman to win him back, it might as well work.
It would make more sense if Heidi started acting like Liane Cartman. To me, Cartman would feel that the only thing more important than his stuff are the people who buy that stuff for him.
Yosh! Life is good cause I want it that way.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:18 pm

Sgt. Sarge wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:56 pm
SouthAl93 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:58 pm
Big-Will wrote:
If Heidi started acting like Cartman to win him back, it might as well work.
It would make more sense if Heidi started acting like Liane Cartman. To me, Cartman would feel that the only thing more important than his stuff are the people who buy that stuff for him.
However Matt and Trey decide to bring Cartman and Heidi back together, it should be able to please everyone or mostly everyone.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”