*2102: Put It Down* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

SouthAl93

Re: *2102: Put It Down* Post-Air Discussion

Postby SouthAl93 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:51 am

nall wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:33 am
Big-Will wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:23 am
So Heiman is back on track, eh?
Surprise! All you guys thought this was the break up season, and Heiman is back and Creek is stronger than ever.

(Of course, we're only two episodes into the season ;))
But what about the couples at school who broke up last season? What about them?
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:59 am

I really liked this episode. The songs with Eric doing rap or at the end with Tweek on piano and Craig singing and the choir, that was good feeling. I think this was a great improvement from last week. Still, South Park is back to making fun of the President.

I must admit, I can relate to Tweek and all the distracted drivers in the episode. I know people like to joke on Trump. I can’t believe no one got the joke, I didn’t until the end of the episode. The title of the episode is “Put It Down” which people always say about Trump, I can’t understand how no one got that.

Still, I am always on my phone or on the internet and social media. Still, I only really had one issue with distracted driving one time. It was my first time with texting.

I was pleasantly surprised that Cartman and Heidi are still a couple. At first with Cartman’s excuse of Heidi wanting to kill herself, I was left thinking of when she dropped her phone off the bridge. I really thought she wanted to kill herself. It was a good feeling but I wondered what kind of character will she be now? Than we find out it was Cartman that said he was going to kill himself. This made the whole thing so much fun, as I really like Heidi and didn’t like the idea of her being suicidal. But if Cartman is saying he is, I can live with it. I love Cartman but he is so egotistical, he would never hurt himself, so him saying he will kill himself is just a joke.

The cupcakes for Kim Jong Un was weird. It felt like the start of a dirty anime or something. This episode has kind of left me wondering if Tweek and Craig are now really gay. Why would he know how to make cupcakes? Still it proved very funny with Um receiving them and eating them which lead to an initial peace. They sure looked like good cupcakes though. I need to eat cupcakes now.

Again, Cartman wanting to kill himself and wearing the black hoodie was great, the rap was amazing.

It was funny that the President would tweet for Tweek and give Tweek spaz attacks. Trump has been saying some threatening things to North Korea but it’s not much different than from what we get from North Korea or Iran, so who cares?

There were fidget spinners. I guess people still like those. It was a pink one, also the cupcakes had pink. Tweek is now so gay or he is becoming Homer Simpson.

The missile over Tweeks house was great. I fear the same thing or people always get similar to that when they are at war on social media. You always thing someone will do what they tweet and come to your home to get you.

There were a lot of kids killed this episode and none of them being Kenny. I found it fun, especially with the first kid being Gary to be killed. The rest, like at the amusement park, felt like too much but it was there to continue to lead to the big end, which was perfect.

I noticed that Tweek and Craig each caught the other in bed. That kind of felt gross. I couldn’t help but think of kids masturbating. Maybe it was watching that “Big Mouth” trailer but I really don’t want Tweek and Craig to be gay.

Again, I don’t think we must blame Trump exclusively for taking peoples time away or causing fear. If anything, he is doing a service by getting people to use social media and to watch the news and that all fuels capitalism and America’s economy.

I’d say I feel good to rate his episode a 9.5/10
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:45 am

SouthAl93 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:35 am
Big-Will wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:23 am
So Heiman is back on track, eh?
So I was right and you were wrong.
Nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya. I was right and you were wrong. Nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya. I am not going to brag about this to you in the future, I promise.
Having finally seen the episode, it seems that Heidi is getting the short end of the deal here. All episode long Cartman ragged on her for leaking his suicidal threats to Stan every chance he got (but he said nothing to Stan, who shared it with the other boys), and she took the Wendy role here (which means we won't be seeing much of Wendy this season). Craig and Tweek saved him from his threats in the end, and to quote someone from another message board, "I keep feeling worse and worse for Heidi."
JamesPolo wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:59 am
I was pleasantly surprised that Cartman and Heidi are still a couple. At first with Cartman’s excuse of Heidi wanting to kill herself, I was left thinking of when she dropped her phone off the bridge. I really thought she wanted to kill herself. It was a good feeling but I wondered what kind of character will she be now? Than we find out it was Cartman that said he was going to kill himself. This made the whole thing so much fun, as I really like Heidi and didn’t like the idea of her being suicidal. But if Cartman is saying he is, I can live with it. I love Cartman but he is so egotistical, he would never hurt himself, so him saying he will kill himself is just a joke.
A joke only to him. He did this sort of thing before, in "Breast Cancer Show Ever," when he confessed to Wendy that he didn't want to fight her, but then went around telling everyone Wendy didn't want to fight him. This time, he tells everyone that Heidi wants to commit suicide before Heidi sends Stan the voice message in which he admits to wanting to commit suicide, then uses the admission to get help for himself. Heidi ruins it for him by making it about all kids who wants to commit suicide, much as Wendy ruined it for him when she lobbied for anyone to use the transgender restroom in "The Cissy," not just Cartman, who only wanted it for himself.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Zelda5820

Postby Zelda5820 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:07 am

JamesPolo wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:59 am

There were a lot of kids killed this episode and none of them being Kenny. I found it fun, especially with the first kid being Gary to be killed. The rest, like at the amusement park, felt like too much but it was there to continue to lead to the big end, which was perfect.

I noticed that Tweek and Craig each caught the other in bed. That kind of felt gross. I couldn’t help but think of kids masturbating. Maybe it was watching that “Big Mouth” trailer but I really don’t want Tweek and Craig to be gay.

You have some serious issues if you're thinking about children masturbating from just Tweek waking up Craig.

Btw, they're gay. Craig calls himself gay in fractured but whole, and they called each other honey and babe the whole episode lol.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:04 am

Awesome I loved this episode that image of Kim Jong-un in that cupcake factory :lol: & those tweets from the president. The song at the end was excellent. Better episode than last week also had to laugh at rapping Cartman in his black hoodie.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:24 am

nall wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:33 am
Surprise! All you guys thought this was the break up season, and Heiman is back and Creek is stronger than ever.

(Of course, we're only two episodes into the season ;))
You amazing monsters, playing with my feelings like this! *shakes fist*

Still on a bit of personal leave, it's been a rough weak over here.... but I'm in a good mood and decided to sneak on and drop off my thoughts about a fantastic episode overall.

This episode did fulfill some good character development for Tweek as well as his relationship with Craig. I always sort of get nervous about Tweek and Craig because the show's done well with them, but it feels so easy for them to stoop to pandering - they haven't. Tweek is leading his own episode and doesn't need or want Craig to "fix" him, but there's still an emotional core in Craig's desire to understand and eventually help him. Even better, all of this preserves the ambiguity around their relationship from the previous episode. I'm pretty sure only Craig uses "babe, honey" terms of endearment, while Tweek seems to use none and is less concerned about Craig. It's nice that while the characters remark upon them as "homosexual", neither character is reduced to any kind of stereotype, positive or negative.

Heidi and Cartman's relationship is really interesting in this one, since it's out of focus - Heidi is helpful and supportive throughout his shoddy suicide endeavor, but like the opening of last week's episode, isn't unafraid to stand up to him at the end and call him out. She's more like Stan than Kyle or Butters - willing to get along and put up with him to a point, but willing to put her foot down. That's not a dynamic we've seen with Cartman in a while, and it's a big reason I'm enjoying their relationship and their interactions. I really liked Cartman's desire to one-up the 'distracted driving' people, although a little part of me wasn't sure the suicide awareness runner quite followed through the way it should have. Not gonna lie though, chuckled at Cartman assuming everyone else did it for attention like he was doing. :P

There's lots more but I'm having trouble organizing my thoughts. It's been stressful here, it's late, I'm tired and I really should've waited for tomorrow.

Misc. thoughts:
- Lola is one of the anti-driving while distracted kids, along with Monica Ryland from TSOT. The latter has no lines, but Lola has a few, back to her original voice. (TSOT gives her an accent.) She's not spoken in some time.
- Jenny Simons made a suicide attempt in "Bass to Mouth", and Corey Doran killed himself sometime earlier. Didn't come up for obvious reasons, Cartman's just getting attention, but I found it worth noting?
- ...as a side note from me, both of the above girls (Jenny and Lola) are absent in "Skank Hunt" and never broke up with anybody.
- PCP's a bit of a return to form this week. He hadn't done much last season, but here he manages to feel a little more himself. The iron pumping was a nice touch. (I swear they tweeted that shot before it showed up in the episode.)
- In Garrison's Twitter image, his avatar now lacks his glasses - the transformation is complete. The episode actually contains no reference to his identity as Garrison, which seems intentional. Although I think it's funnier that way :)
- An amusement park in Denver, eh? Wonder if that means the end of North Park Funland, which hasn't been seen in several years. Nicer scenery, but obviously, Denver.
- Tweek's mom has no role or lines in the episode except you can spot her for a second at the end in the crowd, without her apron, as she does for special occasions.
- Bill and Jason were walking together in "The Hobbit" when singled out by Wendy as well, and now they're here during Cartman's song? And they're on the basketball team? Fosse's gotta up his game.
- Last week's episode was almost all Trey in major roles (Cartman, Randy, Darryl) but this one is mostly Matt (Craig, Tweek) with an obvious exception.

As a small bonus, while I still felt the previous episode was fine, I can enjoy it much more knowing now that Heiman isn't broken up permanently.

Forgive me for doubting you, SP.
Yes but we don't know about any of the other couples at school like Kevin & Red and Token & Nicole.
I think sooner or later we'll see Stan and Wendy and/or Token and Nichole get back together, but it'd be more soft like "The List" rather than some grand anti-"Skank Hunt".

Not holding my breath for Kevin and Red, but I would do unspeakable things to make that happen. Name your price, guys. Hell, call me. :P
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:04 am

Big-Will wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:45 am
Having finally seen the episode, it seems that Heidi is getting the short end of the deal here. All episode long Cartman ragged on her for leaking his suicidal threats to Stan every chance he got (but he said nothing to Stan, who shared it with the other boys), and she took the Wendy role here (which means we won't be seeing much of Wendy this season). Craig and Tweek saved him from his threats in the end, and to quote someone from another message board, "I keep feeling worse and worse for Heidi."
Yeah, I agree with this sentiment. Poor Heidi.
Zelda5820 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:07 am
they called each other honey and babe the whole episode lol.
Only Craig uses this language. And he's uncharacteristically sweet around Tweek in private. Seems like he has developed genuine feelings for Tweek - although it seems ambiguous to me as to whether Tweek feels the same way. (Which is humorously sort of opposite of the common "fannon" viewpoint.). I'll opt not to discuss anything from FBW since it's not out yet and certain things were not supposed to be revealed yet.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:35 am

Well that was a pleasant surprise. The preview didn't seem promising at all but overall, I liked this. While still not aboard the Creek train, it was still entertaining to see Tweek and Craig together. Even if they are pretending to be gay (right?) it's still kind of cool to see something that hasn't been done yet- 'gay' kids in a relationship. Fun to see Tweek spazzing out as always. The tweets from the president adding fuel to the fire- lol. The Cartman suicide talk was funny too. Of course suicide isn't something to be taken lightly. I've never tried it but I do suffer from on-going depression and the death of Linkin Park's Chester Bendington hit me very hard. But trust SP to make such a topic humorous. Cartman rapping and talking of suicide, trying to get sympathy from others and oblivious to how suicide can actually affect people. lol Meanwhile you have distracted driving which becomes the actual killer people need to watch for. :lol:

Really liked how everything came together in the end. Loved seeing all the kids and the parents sing about distracted driving. And Cartman coming in to rap at the end, haha. But really, people need to put down that phone!! Especially while driving. I still don't like Cartman/Heidi either, it just seems very off to see him in a relationship. Doesn't Heidi know by now what an ass he really is?

Solid episode. 7/10. Now let's get some Marsh goodness next week!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:09 am

I enjoyed that episode. It was funny.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:27 pm

JVM wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:24 am
Yes but we don't know about any of the other couples at school like Kevin & Red and Token & Nicole.
I think sooner or later we'll see Stan and Wendy and/or Token and Nichole get back together, but it'd be more soft like "The List" rather than some grand anti-"Skank Hunt".

Not holding my breath for Kevin and Red, but I would do unspeakable things to make that happen. Name your price, guys. Hell, call me. :P
But what if they already got back together off-screen?
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:41 pm

The thing about this one is that it was well written. It didn’t seem rushed. It was full of parody, but not to the point of making that take away from what was going on.

They really should be proud of this one.
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Oh okay so they just backtracked the Cartman & Heidi thing, huh? What was the point of the last episode then?
Ugh more Creek stuff? Why did they have to call each other "babe" and "honey"?
I liked PC Principal in this one. I wasn't that big on him in season 19, but he's really grown on me, I like him a lot now. Especially the scene where he was curling :lol:
Tweek felt like classic Tweek in this one. Heck in Tweek X Craig he hardly "tweaked" that much... This reminds me of Child Abduction Is Not Funny Tweek
Butters sounded really weird. As if Matt had a sore throat.
The shot of that Gary kid lying dead on the road was... Disturbing.
Song in the end was good.
Kenny finally died for once. Off-screen though.
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Oh and uh what was the deal with that woman showing the song in sign language at the end?
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
Alex Shir

Postby Alex Shir » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:23 pm

South Park as we want! Wonderful!
Smart, hilarious, compassionate, cutie, deep and high-lvl-style literature. We really see story with characters, problems and catharsys. Go on! Tweek and Craig - very good line :D
Btw, President close knows Tweek, is he mr Garrison yet?
There are reminiscences from "Elementary School Musical" and smthng else? )))
Sorry for my bad English, guys. It's not my native language.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:54 pm

One of the weirdest episodes ever. But also a great episode. For me, it is a 9/10. For 19 minutes I was like: "ok, where are they going with this?". Then the "put it down" song, I laughed so hard it almost hurt. That was pure genius. 20 years of watching south park, yet they can still surprise me.

But it is a different show than it was up to season 17. Not better or worse per se, but certainly different.

It's basically only a satire, political and social, with funny moments, but not a comedy per se.
He is the record!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”