*2103: Holiday Special* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *2103: Holiday Special* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:47 am

JVM wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:40 am
Intriguing description. 4 ½ out of 5 stars. A-

The description keeps giving me images of parodying Rotten Tomatoes scores and bad movie reviews. I'd love to see that parodied, but the plot itself doesn't sound like any recent movies...

Is Randy the man falling in love with a Native American man? That would be something... it would certainly be a big step for Randy's character.... but, a Native American man, eh? An acquaintance of Chief Running Premise or a member of Chief Running Water's Ute reservation? Hopefully not one of those nasty aliens from Indi...

We'll see how Kenny fits into this episode. I'm stoked to see my favorite main character back, but the description doesn't sound like it should have to do with him...

"A return to form"? I wonder what that'll mean...

Interesting that all three episodes so far look to be about relationships.

(I snuck on again. I can't quit you!)
Chief Runs with Premise
and his son Premise Running Thin
:cartmanlaugh:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:52 am

Hopefully shouldn't be too much longer on the preview clip.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:10 am

I’m now thinking of the Dakota Access Pipeline, though it doesn’t run through Colorado. Maybe it deals with another pipe line or coal mining or something hurting the reservation. Or Indians growing marijuana.

Also, it is stated that “the boys story exploits people’s misery for laughs”. So, I will guess that something bad has happened to the Native American in the picture that the boys joke on. Maybe there is a big fund-raising campaign?

I wonder if Cartman or Heidi are Native American? I kind of think Heidi may be and that this will prove as another annoyance for Cartman but he is stuck with her.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
blsupr

Postby blsupr » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:45 am

Time for the long-awaited return of Alex Glick! Right? No?
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:51 am

Preview Clip: DNA And Me
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:10 am

Ah, ancestry.com's AncestryDNA service. And Randy looking at the commercial for it. Now I see the link between Randy and the Native American.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:18 am

Big-Will wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:10 am
Ah, ancestry.com's AncestryDNA service. And Randy looking at the commercial for it. Now I see the link between Randy and the Native American.
The title also suggests reference to 23AndMe, a very similar website that also was part of the advertising campaign for Despicable Me 3. The name for that comes from the twenty-three chromosones. 'DNA and Me' sounds similar - but Ancestry is definitely the better known one and much harder to parody in title :P

It'd be an interesting to tie-in for Phone Destroyer to suggest some Marsh family relation to Native Americans - if I remember right, two friends of mine came to the conclusion the name 'Marsh' suggested some Welsh descent. What'd be really curious about this is that Jimbo has cited his great-great(s) grandfather was the founder of the town ("Chef Goes Nanners") and given Matt's indicated Jimbo is Randy's half-brother on his paternal side, this would mean Randy and Stan are also descendants of the town founder. I imagine that's old forgotten facts but it makes the Native American connection a lot more interesting.

Still, we've yet to see anything about the "love story" aspect...
Det. Sandy Vagina

Postby Det. Sandy Vagina » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:23 am

Will Randy fall in love with a Native American? :lol: Can't see the preview yet :/
THERE'S NO SAND IN MY VAGINA!!!
Alex Shir

Postby Alex Shir » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:23 am

And what doing Kenny? Is he collecting genetics material of dad after his telephone talk? :wink:
Sorry for my bad English, guys. It's not my native language.
Female345

Postby Female345 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:37 am

That was not a very detailed description.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:50 pm

Randy is already married to a woman, so I hope he doesn't leave her for a Native American guy.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:15 pm

DNA&Me type of testing has been an idea floating around for an episode.

In the clip, people use their new-found DNA to shame others as they have minority blood. Also, people can act racist now, like using the N-word and get away with it. People can say they are victims now, if they have minority blood.

I think that the boys will use their DNA results to shame people into getting free stuff. Or they may call the people that they are related to just to f*ck with them. I think the grownups will be playing the sympathy card with their results. But the kids will joke on it and maybe harass people in town, based on DNA results. Like everyone in town is so smug that they can all claim to be a minority and now they are not put down. This pisses the kids off and so they crank call people in town, to be racist to them, to show that having minority blood doesn’t give you safe space.

I think either Randy or the Indian guy calls or e-mails the other. It seems like that Indian is a beggar type. I bet Randy will have to spend the whole episode trying to help his long-lost relatives on a reservation.

I guess everyone in town will do the DNA testing.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:20 pm

I've read before that people think characters are related, like Red and Craig. So this episode may connect some of the people from town to each other.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:26 pm

I did my DNA like a year ago, my results are...

Ireland 38%

Europe West 33%

Great Britain 14%

Italy/Greece 4%

Scandinavia 3%

Europe East 2%

Iberian Peninsula 2%

European Jewish 2%

Finland/Northwest Russia < 1%

West Asia < 1%

I am really White, but like in the clip, I'm actually 2% Jewish and 2% Eastern European. So, now I can make fun of the Holocaust all day long!

Also, I'm Asian, so now I have to watch out when I shout "Allahu Akbar" in crowded locations as people may take me seriously.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:37 pm

Actually, I'll add that these tests are not 100% accurate. I took the Ancestry DNA one. My results should be something like...

12% Sicilian or Italian

12% German or Western European

Then the rest would be English, Irish, and Scottish. Yet I always believed my mothers side had some Netherlands, based on the last name. So, that could add some more to the German or Western European.

So, I think the episode may have the results screwy some. Like really, someone is 2% Native American! Does that even matter?

I'll add that Ancestry DNA tells you like 1,000 people that you are related too. Imagine having to befriend all of them or buy them all gifts! :lol:

I can see Randy and others being overwhelmed with people wanting free crap because they are related.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”