*2109: SUPER HARD PCness* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Hannafechik98

Re: *2109: SUPER HARD PCness* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Hannafechik98 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:34 am

Yikes. I wonder how Sheila will think about her son now. Maybe she'll feel regret for what had happened exactly 18 years ago.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:38 am

This was all kinds of brilliant. It had the feel of an episode with a lot more than "six days" of thought put into it.
Where to begin?
Kyle becoming his mother in an epic homage to BLU. Highly symbolic of the way many young people inevitably turn into their parents.
At the same time, it's a great observation of how we unfairly judge TV and movies of the past by modern social standards. Okay, we censor the racist caricatures of Bugs Bunny as an Asian persona (that's just mean) but does that mean we have to also censor Daffy Duck getting blasted in the face with a shotgun such that his bill spins around his head and ends up backwards?
Sheila wanted to censor Canadian entertainment based on a conservative fear of damaging impressionable youths. Kyle wants to censor Canadian entertainment based on a liberal fear of hurting someone's feelings. It shows how you can go too far either way and end up at the same place.
kfgg wrote:But I will say this. It was really kinda sad seeing Terrence And Phillip old. It was good to see them, but that was really sad.
I felt the same way. Not just because they were old, but it reminded me of how much older I am now since I first watched Terrance and Phillip rip ass on each other.
Terrance and Phillip has always been a meta commentary about South Park the TV show. Here Matt & Trey are using them to illustrate how their tastes have changed over time and show how pathetic it would be if they were still doing the same types of episodes they were doing 20 years ago.

So together we have an amazing commentary that says at the same time, "Hey, don't be such a douche about old TV shows" and "We've moved to other things that are also funny and that's a good thing."

Lastly, I'd like to point out the growing number of female doppelgangers in the show. It's curious that the males who are drawn to their female doppelgangers are usually the subject of ridicule in the show. Fatass, Mr. Maki, PC Principle. Guys who are to one extent or another, in love with themselves. It's not just a cliche of "here's a lady who is just like you; enjoy!" These are some architypical characters who are usually portrayed as an antagonist and they could only fall in love with someone who was exactly like themselves. In other words, "Go fuck yourself!" :lol:

You read it! You can't unread it!
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:36 am

mario88 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:59 pm
SouthAl93 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:15 pm
mario88 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:41 pm
Maybe they don't want to end the gender war.
It has lasted long enough, the gender war should have ended by now.
I may even agree with you but see, it's neither me nor you to write the episodes.
But I think you agreeing with me is all that matters at the moment.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:00 am

Hannafechik98 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:34 am
Yikes. I wonder how Sheila will think about her son now. Maybe she'll feel regret for what had happened exactly 18 years ago.
Or she'll be right proud of him, even if his motivation is different from hers.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Yogofu

Postby Yogofu » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:22 pm

Goddamn it Kyle stop putting different Clothes on and doing your hair if you go back to that Orange jacket and the Hat! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :P

OH MY GOD! I KNOW I WANTED CARTMAN OR HEIDI TO DO SOMETHING TOTALLY CRAZY BUT NOT KYLE AND NOT LIKE THIS! sorry for caps but that was very very swift and brutal even for South Park.. god bless Tweek.. he saw it coming.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:17 pm

Yogofu wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:22 pm
Goddamn it Kyle stop putting different Clothes on and doing your hair if you go back to that Orange jacket and the Hat! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :P
I hope we see Kyle with his new haircut and shirt in the next episode.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
mario88

Postby mario88 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:32 am

Maybe it is a bit far-fetched, but I was wondering if there is a reference to some fans of the show: I read many people write they didn't enjoy "doubling down" and nearly all those people wrote: "it hit too close to home". Now the same happens to Kyle, although in a slightly different way.

He had a reaction, and he turned into his mother, as many have pointed out.

I usually enjoy rating the episodes but for this one it's hard, l still don't understand if I liked it or not.

Can't wait for the next one, in the meanwhile I will watch this one again a couple of times
He is the record!
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:55 pm

The season finale is this Wednesday. My main requirement for this episode is to show all the boys and girls at school getting along with each other again.
Atavistic

Postby Atavistic » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:10 am

This is the first episode of south park I've watched in many years and I loved it. The show is just as funny as it has ever been. The new principal and strong woman are hilarious and I liked the relationship between Cartman and his girlfriend too. Kyle's whole blaming Canada thing was a little weird, though, since when does he get angry like his mother? I remember him being more chill. Mr Mackey and Ms Conduct were great though, was having flashbacks of that other teacher with big tits, lol. Love this show, thanks Trey & Matt for keeping it alive so long :)
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:54 pm

That ending..... :cry: :o

I mean....why Canada?!? What in the world did Canada do to deserve this?!? I LOVE CANADA!!! This almost infutrates like the U.S. as a terrorist nation!

I mean, some of it I liked (The Consilor Mackey/Miss Conduct...I hope that goes further lol). The "Strong" Woman thing though, I mean....will this mark the END of PC Principal?!? and the whole Terrance/Phillip old thing was just....weird and stupid. Yes they are old, but again....what's wrong with fart jokes?!? (or is this part of the sexual misconduct issues of today?) :?

I'm just very confused by this episode. Almost upset and more frustrated than anything. What has this world come to?!? :/
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”