S22E01: "Dead Kids" postshow discussion.

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:58 am

This episode literally made me sick. I think that was the intent actually. I can go into detail about how that worked and how I literally understood the reasoning and the message they were trying to get across, and how extremely well it worked, but I am literally am too sick to type it all, which is exactly the point.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:03 am

I liked this episode and I think others will also. I would agree that when I’ve been around people and there’s a shooting and someone brings it up, no one cares or shows any real emotion. I hope there are no shootings soon or that may hurt the episode. The episode was missing the people like myself that get glued to the TV or their laptop about the breaking news of a shooting. I really can’t get enough news anyways but when there is something tied to death I’m like a shark with blood in the water.

I was shocked that there were like 5 school shootings in this episode. Normal people would’ve been bothered. It was comical though.

I liked the Sharon period plot almost the best as I’ve joked on that crazy red time too and it’s a fun one. I didn’t know menopause only lasts 2 years though. I think this was the best plot after the no one cares about school shootings. Some new jokes on Sharon and her period would work for the next episode as long as they are real new period jokes and not recycling the ones from this episode.

The Cartman/Token plot of why Token didn’t let Cartman copy the quiz was okay at best. I can relate some as I never saw the movie Black Panther. Still it ended up being that they both did see the movie and didn’t like it. It felt kind of stretched that Cartman would act like some detective guy which I’m sure there was a movie that that was based off of but I don’t know which one. How would he be able to solve the mystery of Token not letting him copy? I guess there are other people out there that didn’t like the movie and need to talk about it. I just think Africa is a dump and full of terrorists and its too backwards. The Black Panther movie of a Black Nation of advancement and peace and powerful weapons is so far from the horribleness that is Africa that I feel offended by the fake charade the movie puts out.

I liked the period jokes the best. The scene with Randy and Gerald and Butters dad was nice. It was a fun scene of dads comforting each other about their wives monthly aggressions. The Randy doing the charades bits was great. I can see that happening with a couple. It was just perfect.

I didn’t like the Randy singing to Sharon for some reason at the end. Still that scene led to a great scene of Cartman getting himself and Token to class to take the quiz. Butters shooting that assault rifle was awe inspiring. Could have used Butters killing the school shooter but who knows what Matt and Trey had for us or wanted to do the censorship wouldn’t allow. Still the shooting scene was adrenalin pumping.

The end will catch you off guard. Somewhat was expecting that Sharon saying she was having her period or was on menopause but I didn’t see that much that Stan would be reported shot at school. I have to admit while watching the episode it did for a second make me think of Stan getting shot but I felt the same of most of the characters. I wonder if Stan will be hurt or dead next episode? Seems like a crazy new way to take the season. This is the #cancelsouthpark season so will it be that Stan is dead? It was creepy and scary that Randy got Sharon to not care that Stan was shot after all that work. I hope Stan is okay but it may be fun to see him get hurt as he is always to pampered the way his character goes. I don’t want to see Stan or other characters die forever but I can live with some of the main ones dying this season if there is a way to bring them back. I know if Stan is killed off it will be like when Brian from Family Guy died or something. So there may be lots of media coverage soon of the next episode of Stan’s condition.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:14 am

Welcome to Season 22. What a mad beginning!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
kfgg

Re: S22E01: Dead Kids postshow discussion.

Postby kfgg » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:40 am

The rational normal side of me:

“I agree. I see what you’re trying to say. Keep saying it.”Nice references to Black Panther and Fortnite.” Last minute or so it evolves to an “I don’t feel very good, I feel sick, this is how I’m supposed to feel everytime this happens. That’s the point.”

If you’re freaking out over the ending, that is the point. You might be feeling what a lot of parents, family, friends feel when they find out a school shooting happens. Then they dump you into a cliffhanger or otherwise, which might send some people feeling the utter fear and unknown which happens after such an incident. That’s exactly how this was written.

The there is the severe “responsibility OCD” that I suffer from:
“What did you do this week that caused this?” “Now I will never sleep.” “What if”

These are not easy times. At all. Not for the world, not for me. This reflects the times very well as it should.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:06 am

I was underwhelmed.
Everyone is so nonchalant about the shootings; I get the commentary about how stupidly normal that's become. But I was waiting for them to do something funny with it. All I get is Hall Monitor Butters patrolling with an assault weapon. Otherwise, it's one big, lame period joke. That kind of sh*t is funny for a quick one-liner, but to revolve an entire A story around a rather tired joke just doesn't carry the day. It was missing the part where everyone starts to realize, "Hey, maybe this isn't just a woman menstruating."

Then here's Cartman in yet another annoying story where he's harassing Token to stroke his own ego. Everything is about him and nothing else. I just want to see Fatass get punched in the face again.
It is not even abundantly clear that Fatass is wrong about Token and the Black Panther flick. (And he is wrong; the eye roll during the quiz says it all.) I want Lardo to be wrong and have it shoved in his face.

I don't get into Superhero movies so I haven't seen Black Panther or any of the other 90 CGI smash-em-ups that came out since last season. They're all the same anyway. "Living God(s) overcome singular obstacle to defeat bad guy X."

Well here's to a better show next week.

You read it! You can't unread it!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:47 am

Everything in this episode seems to have been setup as a big slap across the head and wakeup call to a lot of people, particularly hardcore fans of the show.

There is a lot of serious sh*t happening in the world, this country, yet a lot of people ignore it (Continue on laughing at the period jokes, the satire, this, that) all while someone is yelling at them to give a sh*t about what is happening, yet it continues to go unheard.

So they end it by dumping a pail of water over the heads of the viewer. Maybe that will wake them up. Not everybody, but maybe some.

At least that’s what I got from this. I’ve been sitting on the side in frustration for quite sometime while this stuff happens and people just brush it off and move on with their daily life and wondering why they are acting like nothing is wrong.

Getting more personal...
I may be wrong and this may be just a bunch of sh*t like eveything else these days, but I did manage to stop and catch something from it in a way that I have not been able to from things like this. This show has had the ability to screw with my mind and my mood for many years without any intent on their part. I caught it happening seemingly with intent this time around and I completely understand the reason.

My views on this can change at any time, but right now I feel a mixture of things, one being control of my brain. For a few minutes, I wanted to freak out and try to figure out things that I did wrong to cause this, yet I just completely as of this writing no desire or urge to do so, which for me is really deep sh*t. Anybody who knows about OCD (The real deal) would understand what just happened. I’ve been going thru the last decade of my life utterly paranoid about causing bad things to happen in this show by just doing everyday things, then all the sudden all that happens and when I’m supposed to be freaking out, I’m in complete control and extremely rational.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:56 am

They didn't kill off Stan. All Matt & Trey do is f*ck with anyone who casually watches the show and doesn't understand their modus operandi. They made you think they'd kill off Heidi, and the only casualty was her cellphone. They made you think the show was ending seven years ago, but they just took a hiatus. Family Guy killed off Brian only to bring him back. The only characters South Park has killed off are those whose voice actors died, or who have been irrelevant or even unmentioned for at least several seasons.

Most people don't know South Park has until the end of 2019 unless the contract is renewed, so "hey, let's f*ck with the audience and promote this stupid hashtag that'll make them think we're on the last season. Then we'll surprise them with another. Yeah. That'll totally get 'em." I can't even count the number of times those two made us think the show was going to end over the years. When it happens, it happens, but they're not going to slowly kill off characters until there's nothing left. It diminishes the replay factor. All they want to do is make you feel some kind of emotion so you don't turn a blind eye to real school shootings, so they tug at your heartstrings and pretend to endanger a beloved character in a classical South Park-style cliffhanger. Doesn't work on me. Besides, I've resented ammosexuals, the NRA, and Republicans in Congress for my entire adult life and feel nothing but anger toward them. School shootings don't make me sad or depressed. They just make me want to slit the throats of those who are powerful enough to do something but choose not to because they're bought out.

If I'm wrong next week, then I'm wrong and I'll eat it. But in all likelihood, I'm going to starve.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:10 am

Randy maintains being the most annoying character in the show. I hated the charades after the first, wasn't a fan the first time, and generally, he was extremely annoying. The joke was funny when it was first made. After that one? The issue is that it isn't that people weren't taking her concerns seriously and treating them like nothing.It was that they were so far beyond absolutely idiotic in not even reacting that it goes from making a tragic and salient point to being...stupid. And Randy is King Stupid.

The Cartman Subplot was actually okay, and I feel like vomiting for saying that.

The Stan development? We'll see. The show has been so loose with itself that I am only a little intrigued. Better than nothing mind you, but the potential for it has been cut down by this very episode. They don't care, so...why should I?
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:33 am

Well, I laughed more in this episode than I have the past season. Well done. I absolutely love that Sharon was the only one who was so emotionally damaged by so many school shootings. To see her blow up and get real angry, but also be really upset and sad shows she really is the most normal and well-rounded mother on the show. She brings a level of normalcy, it's great. But of course it's sad that no one else were as upset about the shootings as she was. It has become so 'normal' in a way, it's sickening. But that's what made this episode funny. Shootings are taking place but the teacher keeps on with her lessons like usual. Also liked the little touch of Kyle knowing about fractions in class. Simple throwbacks like that I like, to remind us he is indeed the smart one of the group. Randy's charades were humorous but the joke in itself was a little stale by the end. I did love the scene where everyone gathers for Randy to sing to Sharon and she's sitting there bored out of her mind. So cheesy and outrageous but that's Randy for ya. Of course none of the guys know what menopause is and they automatically think it's a woman's period that makes her emotional. :roll:
The Cartman B-story was meh. It's getting kind of old to see him continually blame Token or blackmail him just because he's black. Yes Cartman is racist but this is the 10th time they used this excuse to write a poor subplot. I never saw Black Panther either, but that's because I'm not into superheros and comics so I haven't seen any movie in that category.
Finally, I am of course extremely curious what, if anything, they will do about the whole 'Stan was shot at school' thing. If they are going the route of continuous stories for the season it will have to be brought up again next week. Was he just grazed by a bullet? Or received some life-threatening wound and is in the hospital and Sharon will become angry again that they didn't take the phone call seriously? But I doubt he's dead. Yes M&T are cruel but they wouldn't kill off one of the four main boys. Not this far into the series.

I was really hoping for a new theme song. They usually change it up every few years. Darn. We'll see what next week brings. 9/10
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:44 am

Hot off my second viewing!

#CancelSouthPark
I have a special message for those of you I told #CancelSouthPark was just a Comedy Central ad campaign unrelated to the show... if it's in the credits, it's from the studio.

Aunt Flo's Latest Visit
I was totally prepared for a few period references, as despite being one of the lowest forms of comedy out there in my opinion they're highly prevalent in adult entertainment, but the episode felt way too tightly structured around the one gag, so it wasn't a stellar night. Like in "The Magic Bush", I'm really surprised that the other female characters don't seem to notice the open misogyny of their husbands and just ignore the fact Randy is signing to Stephen 'bloody vagina' repeatedly. I guess it makes sense these big scenes tend to reduce most involved characters to living props, but it stretches my disbelief a little. The plot doesn't really explore any other jokes except the period references and the related small runner with charades, so it doesn't feel like there's much left.

There's a silver lining to the plot, and a thin one, in that the comedic formula the show sets up allows for Randy to perform a grand romantic gesture to win Sharon back over, and he reinforces verbally that he loves her throughout the episode, which is a lot sweeter than their usual interactions. I don't think this justifies the unfunny period references but it's an improvement from some of the episodes where they are borderline abusive and fantasize about outright killing each other, or are suggested to fall out of love without the potential for kinky sex.

On a far less objective side note, it feels like Sheila and Gerald might've been more appropriate characters to use for this story, given way back in the first season there's a specific joke where Cartman suggests Sheila's tantrums about social justice always happen around the same time every month, and Gerald's past as a character - a history of a softer side but nonetheless a misogynist in s20 -- could've lent well to the role played here. Certainly nothing that happens lends specifically to Sharon and Randy as characters more so than any parents might've worked.

Satire
I'm going to focus completely on the satire here and ignore the character points that usually make up the bulk of my reviews. The repeated usage of school shootings in the background of mundane foreground events, which was a very smart move on the show's part and worked out really well. I think the first scene is the finest example though, as opening the episode on that note with no introduction gives it a slightly more raw feeling, with the characters non-reactions instantly suggesting the familiarity of the circumstance. I think this was the smartest way to approach the issue in this day and age and supply a visual metaphor, even if it feels traumatic to imagine this as canon to an increasingly strained South Park universe.

Sharon's final outburst stops shy of a "I learned something today..." speech (when was the last time we had a full, genuine one of those?) but it's interesting the choice of phrasing as she insists people should be upset and angry and emotional. I think this is an effective choice because it focuses on criticizing the reaction to these incidents, rather than becoming caught up in advocating for a specific solution or response. I think this is for the better as it allows the satire to focus its point on criticizing people's reactions. It manages to be a call to dialogue and action without having to appear to take a political side, and that's really the way this kind of satire should function.

A tumblr user named @pokemon22551 however, decoded a deeper meaning in the episode that I did not detect: "Before the episode aired we were all scared and prepared to lose main characters,but then as the episode progressed the fact that there were multiple shootings and they were in the background lulled us into not taking it seriously anymore until Stan was shot and it became personal to us.Both the storytelling and structure of the episode stand as symbolism for the message and that’s kinda great writing?" I thought this was an incredibly insightful comment and that's why I'm reposting it here with attribution.

As a final meta note, the entire point of this episode is telling people to care, which seems in stark and strong contrast to the Reddit Post that floated around two or three years ago (notably retweeted by Wil Wheaton) insisting South Park's central message was apathy. (Trying to link broke the post.)

Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin Eater
It's nice to see the old classroom again - in the first few seasons of the show, the kids' classroom was probably the show's most frequently used locale, alongside the bus stop, the cafeteria, and Cartman's living room. Many scenes simply consisted of the kids shouting comments out of turn during and before class. As the school hallways were introduced and teachers became more competent, these scenes reduced sharply, and even more so since Ms. Nelson began teaching, a character who has yet to leave an impression on the show. Shame. At least Ms. Choksondik had character.

Cartman's openly expressed anger his cheating wasn't rewarded reminded me distinctly of an old promo from five or six years ago where Cartman asked "who do you want me cheating off of?" although no such exchange appears here. It's obviously pretty amusing to see Cartman make an issue about his cheating not working out, although I am utterly surprised how little a point the other characters make about his admission when many schools today have zero tolerance policies for this. Just like in the twentieth season, the once fascinating PC Principal proves as ineffective and incapable as Principal Victoria was, failing to react to Cartman's cheating or the shootings.

The choice of Black Panther as a parody could have been really interesting, but instead of feeling like it's driving the plot in an interesting way, it ends up feeling like a half-assed band-aid that could be any stereotypical black movie. There's certainly potential in Cartman's racism making a point about the movie, but it felt written as if Trey was thinly disguising his own criticism of the film, which feels a little petty without a stronger contrast, and therefore ends up undermining the gag itself to an extent. It comes off a little more Trey complaining about the movie and less Cartman making an issue himself. Worse, it'sa movie that came out almost eight months ago, so it adds nothing to the ongoing dialogue.

Where this plotline had potential is in Cartman digging through Token's connections - he seems to getting back together with his girlfriend Nichole again, perhaps the Gender War is cooling through lack of focus - and meeting with Steve and Linda, who seem to be slowly becoming more a part of the show now... but because all of this is driven by Black Panther anyway, these scenes don't give an oppurtunity to teach us anything new about any of these characters, except that Token's Parents have a date night and don't let their son watch PG-13 movies, I guess.

After all that's said and done though, I confess I laughed out loud at Cartman, and Token running through the school shooting to make the quiz, with Butters covering them. The set up to run through it and make it to class is such a classic sitcom formula, and countering that with a school shooting, one of the darkest concepts the show could have possibly tackled, is ballsy, and throwing in little innocent lately Butters with a large rifle trying to protect the school, all running through the adults doing their romantic gesture, just made for a crazy, outlandish visual with a strong satirical contrast.

Time for a side note again... Cartman says the school has two hundred students... I'm pretty sure our character list here on the wiki could list a good two hundred fourth graders alone! Huh.

Character Revelations
Mrs. Biggle makes her third or fourth speaking appearance and is named Harriet, we learn today.... this is funny to me because a friend of mine had 'Hortense' as her name and they sound a little similar. :) Her husband makes no appearance however, and her voice is much lower. I hope they return to the sweeter pitch next time.

The psychologist/anger management therapist from "T.M.I." reappears here briefly as well. He's a favorite one-time adult of mine so it's cool to see him get another cameo.

Continuing from last year, the main boys' parents are consistently joined by the Valmers, Blacks, Tuckers, Roger Donovan, as well as the Stevens and Testaburger families. Someone send a tip to the animators to throw in Mr. Biggle, Mrs. Knitts, Skeeter and Dr. Mephesto :p

Also absent? The Stoleys, the Daniels and the Turners appeared alongside the parents just last episode, and less surprisingly absent are the Whites. I suspect they might've been too much of a fuss, or maybe Sharon figured he would support gun rights and somehow blocked him.

Serialization and the Future
"There's been another school shooting. Stan's been shot."
"Should we get down there?"
"It's not the end of the world."
"I love you, Sharon."

Even now, with one episode in the can, people are already back to being worried about what this means for continuity -- are we back to serialization?

I'm expecting Stan to be fine next week and the show to go on as usual, as there's simply no comedic, satirical or dramatic payoff to showing him in a cast or the hospital next week, even less so than with Butters a few years back. I do not see this as an intentional cliffhanger to kick start more serialized storytelling, but a way of bringing the exaggerated satirical point to a final head, at risk to the morality of one character and the mortality of another. Ah well.

It may be important to remind note that there are no references to the American-Canadian War suggested at the end of last season, Garrison's presidency, the Gender War at the school, Skankhunt42, the Cissy bathroom, or Lorde, nor does Heidi Turner make any appearance or reference of note. PC Principal's appearances only tie into his ongoing role in the show and not to any other episode previously aired or for the future. This is a standalone episode thus far with no specific continuity nods or threads to any other. Let's not get worried this is another s20.

The Verdict
This is a difficult episode for me to come to a verdict on, because I feel that the main point of satire was very sound, well-handled and as reasonably smart as can be expected, it felt like a step down for the characters across the board, and rested too much of its humor on two really, really unfunny gags. The focus on Sharon's period and Cartman's opinion on a superhero movie are both jokes that are only going to skew to the oldest part of Matt and Trey's target demographic, and it shows in that most of the fans here didn't find the episode funny at all. I can only be happy these elements are less likely to show up next week now, although chances are, Randy'll be back to do something stupid all over again.

A consistent problem with South Park, as a friend reminded me today, is that "[you] have to take everything (most of) the character[s] do with a grain of salt cause M&T are exaggerating to get a point across, but it ends up reflecting badly on the characters themselves". The show's focus on satire has increasingly reduced the characters fans have been invested in to archetypes and props to express social satire, losing some of their long-term sense of self outside each specific narrative. Cartman and Randy's obsessions, self-awareness and worldview change completely to suit each episode, losing a consistent sense of character. This is why many longtime fans' faith and investment in the show is declining so sharply.

So, if we divvy it up into three categories: this episode was adept at being a cutting satire, but it failed as a comedy and failed harder as any kind of character piece. I can handle that this week, because I'm more excited by the prospect of nine more episodes than I am by this one, but let's hope we come back next week with something with a broader appeal and less focus on menstruation.

Trivia/Notes
- Do the boys have new backpacks? Was this design upgrade done a while ago and I only just noticed? They still had the thick black lined pockets until pretty recently, I'm sure.
- If you watch the aeriel shot, it's Bill Keegan speaking when the boys walk past, whose face is later cut off.
- Laura Tucker's voice is provided once again by Mona Marshall here.
- Officer Stevens, the same officer who pinned Ike's 'Wanted' poster at the end of last season, and notably masturbated to Lorde a few ago, is back to praise Randy for his heroism with Sharon. (I smell a yaoi ship!)
- Ryan Valmer and Richard Tweek are sleeveless during the scene outside the elementary school, due to the blanket and cocoa props. Reminds me of how Laura's sleeves used to disappear in the early seasons.
- During the last scene, the Marsh family's sliding doors to the yard are replaced by a single, normal door.
- Matt has next to no presence in this episode, and between his voiced characters, I'm pretty sure he has less than ten lines. Adrien Beard probably has more than that, and I'm certain April Stewart must exceed it. (Notably, Trey voices the therapist, the police officer, and Keegan.)
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:09 pm

After a second viewing, I can't say I've warmed to it. I get it, I just didn't find it funny. Maybe half a chuckle at catching that it was the 'entire glee club' doing the third shooting at SP Elementary. Couldn't help but think of their High School Musical parody and trying to mash that episode with this one somehow. :P
I know we're all idly whistling while the institutions of democracy are collapsing around us and getting annoyed at the people trying to get our attention about it. But that stuff is only important if one wants to survive the implosion of America.

I forgot to talk about Stan the first go round. He's fine.
I refuse to believe the guys would be so callous as to do something that serious with a central character in an almost offhand manner in the closing seconds of an episode where he barely spoke. Stan will probably have a band-aid in one scene next week and we'll be moving on.

You read it! You can't unread it!
JVM

Postby JVM » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:26 am

triplemultiplex wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:09 pm
After a second viewing, I can't say I've warmed to it. I get it, I just didn't find it funny. Maybe half a chuckle at catching that it was the 'entire glee club' doing the third shooting at SP Elementary. Couldn't help but think of their High School Musical parody and trying to mash that episode with this one somehow. :P
While the Animation Department sent us an image for the Glee Club on the wiki, they've never appeared on the show before -- which as of last night, is for the better, or we'd have to assume those characters are dead now.
I forgot to talk about Stan the first go round. He's fine.
I refuse to believe the guys would be so callous as to do something that serious with a central character in an almost offhand manner in the closing seconds of an episode where he barely spoke. Stan will probably have a band-aid in one scene next week and we'll be moving on.
My mind keeps going back to how they considered killing off Token for real in "World War Zimmerman" and decided against it, which is especially notable because Token hasn't really been the main focus of an episode in the five years since then until now. If they think he's important to keep around, Stan's more than safe.

The flames are being fanned by an anonymous 4chan user who claimed to work at the studio, who posted some fan art of most of the main kid characters and claimed 'someone in this image will die tonight'.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:31 pm

I feel more uneasy about it now than I did Wednesday night. I'm always prepared for the worst. Now it's "What else will go wrong?"

With the exception of the ending, which I really wish didn't have to happen like that even though I still understand why, this was a very typical episode filled with content that I have come to expect from the show over the years. Especially Randy's antics and Cartman's antics with Token. I have to extremely careful with my words nowdays unfortunately.

On a side note, which I don't believe was addressed (Or maybe it was) but is it me or is Cartman fatter? I don't know if it has to do with what he was wearing, but he really looked fatter than normal.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:55 pm

kfgg wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:31 pm
I feel more uneasy about it now than I did Wednesday night. I'm always prepared for the worst. Now it's "What else will go wrong?"

With the exception of the ending, which I really wish didn't have to happen like that even though I still understand why, this was a very typical episode filled with content that I have come to expect from the show over the years. Especially Randy's antics and Cartman's antics with Token. I have to extremely careful with my words nowdays unfortunately.

On a side note, which I don't believe was addressed (Or maybe it was) but is it me or is Cartman fatter? I don't know if it has to do with what he was wearing, but he really looked fatter than normal.
When Cartman was running around the school in that black jacket with his tongue out he did look a little fatter than usual, I agree.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:43 pm

It's just his fat hanging out. Normally, his shirt would hold it in.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”