S22E01: "Dead Kids" postshow discussion.

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

JamesPolo

Re: S22E01: Dead Kids postshow discussion.

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:01 am

Big-Will wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:43 pm
It's just his fat hanging out. Normally, his shirt would hold it in.
I have to admit, I'm as fat as Cartman is. Still, I don't want to do bad in school and play make believe with others like he does. He is a bad role model, I know, but he sure is still funny as hell.

I think the episode was great. I've read many negative reviews, people didn't like the misogyny the episode carried. But don't men and women have the right to joke on periods once and a while? I bet April Stewart didn't care that much about making the episode. I mean, humans need women or there will be no more of us but can't we still joke on it? No trolls, I've seen, have piggybacked the episode as their motive to attack women! I think its fun every now and then to joke on a females body, as I am always being a guy and dealing with guy stuff that's always the subject of comedy.

I guess the main lesson is if you want to make reviewers happy it is to make an episode the puts down men and pedestals women.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:52 pm

Yeah, didn't care for that one bit. I get it, and they made good points. Those are points I already thought, though. I'm not sure who this episode was made for. People who ignore school shootings probably aren't South Park fans and tossing in sexism just minimized it.

Whatever, maybe next week...
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:40 pm

Season openers are rarely the strongest episodes. I think a lot of people are mad about this one because of guns. Lots of “too political” comments. “Too political” in this case almost aleays translates to “Not Conservative enough” or if they’re mad about the period comments “Not Liberal enough” In this case. Big shout out to the people who brush off school shootings.

For those that care more about the show itself and it’s characters, the last minute or so was a punch in the stomach to those who might brush off school shootings and a big reminder to everybody else.

The subject might mean more to the writers on a personal level than it used to, now that they have children of their own. They are worrying or will have to worry about the safety of their own for just doing something a lot of parents used to take for granted, sending their kids off to school.

I was in high school when I started here for example. It was a known threat, but it was never something we thought about much. Maybe a drill once a year as a precaution. Now the security and precaution that is taken these days at the same school shows a real grim reality of how things are. “If You See Something, Say Something” “ALICE”, Security at every door, Cameras everywhere, etc. Metal detectors and searches used to be reserved for schools in the most dangerous neighborhoods of large cities. They’re becoming more widespread now.
maibockaddict

Re: S22E01: "Dead Kids" postshow discussion.

Postby maibockaddict » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Didn't anyone notice the #CANCELSOUTHPARK in the credits at the end????
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:02 am

maibockaddict wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:30 pm
Didn't anyone notice the #CANCELSOUTHPARK in the credits at the end????
I have a feeling they'll be doing that all season.

You read it! You can't unread it!
patsfan1

Postby patsfan1 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:26 am

This episode....sucked.

Here I was expecting a big shooting scene....a minor character getting killed. Who knows.
What we get is Mackey acting like an idiot and everyone else acting like it's not a big deal and that it happens all the time.
(Except for Sharon)

I mean sure the whole "Menopause" thing was funny....but the shooting scenes were extremely underwhelming...the whole Black Panther plot was just stupid (I don't care whether people liked it or not, and no I never saw it and don't plan to!) and the ending where Stan is *maybe* shot....huh?!? I'm just in utter :shock: :roll:

uck. Let's PLEASE move on from this one. it's going into my top 20 episodes of shame. Not a top 10 disaster but pretty up there.
Joseph08

Postby Joseph08 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:52 am

I have heard about the show a lot. After reading these views, i am looking forward to watch it.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”