S22E02: "A Boy And A Priest" postshow discussion.

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: S22E02: "A Boy And A Priest" postshow discussion.

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:35 pm

James--76 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:05 pm
The Whispers- “It’s a love thing”
Thanks for this. :D
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:13 am

MUCH better show compared with last week!

Sure. There were times were I was a bit more "Enough with the Kids/Sex Priest Jokes" or the squirmish times I watched Butters hang out with a 50 year old Catholic Priest :lol: But I feel as if I learned something. That you can be an individual. It doesn't matter what others might feel or look at you weirdly. Because of acceptance for being different. And the ones that truly were the gay molesting priests were punished by the "Cumboni" anyways 8)

Special thanks to Randy, Stan, and Clyde (I feel bad about his birthday...) for the comical relief in this episode.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:36 am

In the 'funnier than it needed to be' department, Randy's commentary while channel surfing cracked me up.
"Boring..."
"Dumb..."
"Stupid..."
"Good, but dated in its view of gender norms..."

You read it! You can't unread it!
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:57 am

Notes after re-watching:

- Butters thinks he has become a "Popular Student" because he somehow gets invited to Stan's House for games.
Yet he's not really that popular and the kids still ridicule him for being different. So the setup with Maxi works brillant here.

- The Children are VERY apathetic towards the Catholic Church. They don't care. They would rather be at home "Playing games"
or doing other things. Very reminisance of the Chruch today. You go to Church and a heavy majority of them are 60+. If this
trend continues....many more churches will be forced to close :/

- The "Cumbee" Brush :lol: :mrgreen: Clyde's butt was funny!! Also at Clyde's B-day party I found 10 candles. So he's 10 for an FYI. Which makes sense.

- When Father Maxi prays at Clyde's B-Day. The kids let out an audible gasp. Kinda reminds me of Thanksgiving dinner when the grandfather has to do the same and everyone else rolls their eyes and drolls just wanting to eat and be done with it.

- Stan and Clyde were captured only because they were deemed threats to the Chruch. Having Maxi at both Stan's house and Clyde's B-day party.

- The "Transfer" option towards the end. Yeah the Catholics do take care of their kind. :roll: In Boston we had the late Cardinal Law who started the Sex Abuse Scandal. He was forced to resign here...and what happened shortly thereafter....he got transfered and promoted to Vatican City!! :shock: :evil: ooy!
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:19 am

mo303564 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:57 am
- Stan and Clyde were captured only because they were deemed threats to the Chruch. Having Maxi at both Stan's house and Clyde's B-day party.
No. They were captured just so the rogue priest could appear and be captured - they were used as bait. No telling if the boys were going to be released or suffer more indignities, but they were certainly no threats to the Church.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”