S22E05: "The Scoots" preshow discussion.

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

S22E05: "The Scoots" preshow discussion.

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:47 am

Episode 2205 - “The Scoots”

IT’S EVERY BOY AND GIRL FOR THEMSELVES THIS YEAR WHEN THE KIDS HEAD OUT FOR TRICKS OR TREATS

This year, a revolution in mobility is changing Halloween for everyone. Chaos erupts as every kid is out to get more candy than they have ever gotten before. Mr. Mackey and the rest of the adults are hording emergency supplies and hoping to survive until morning.

The Purge, anyone? One night of Chaos. :cartmanevillaugh: And the kids are riding around in scooters like Timmy is (revolution in mobility, lol).

i Got Nothin' left
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Female345

Re: S22E05: "The Scoots" preshow discussion.

Postby Female345 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:31 am

Finally we get another Halloween episode. The last one was in season 17 and focused on the Goth kids.
Sgt. Sarge

Postby Sgt. Sarge » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:19 pm

Female345 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:31 am
Finally we get another Halloween episode. The last one was in season 17 and focused on the Goth kids.
We literally got one last year. Cartman and Heidi's wardrobe crisis + the Witch Chase and shoot'em up.

Also can't wait to see everyone in their costumes. Cartman dressed as Snake from Escape from New York,(edit: it's actually a fortnite character), don't know who Kyle is.
Yosh! Life is good cause I want it that way.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:53 pm

No idea what scoots are. I guess electric scooters. I don't think those have caught on much. I knew kids that had them like 15 years ago. I wonder what will be the worst thing that happens to an adult for not having candy?
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
BringBackChef

Postby BringBackChef » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Maybe we will have a Kenny sighting this episode. That would be nice.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:37 pm

This sounds like it could be fun. I can imagine the hilarity seeing a bunch of kids ganging up on houses demanding candy in ways not yet seen. :lol: I kind of imagine it to be how it is in the Invader Zim Halloween episode. Hoard of kids pounding on doors, even trying to break in to get the candy, as if they were zombies. I wonder what the boys will dress up as. Hopefully Stan is allowed to trick-or-treat this time around, not stuck in Blockbuster. :lol: Nothing can beat Spookyfish or Nightmare on Facetime for SP Halloween episodes but hopefully this is an innocent enough fun Halloween show with the boys as the main focus.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:57 am

The preview clip calls back a South Park establishment we haven't seen since season 6.
The plot of Ladder to Heaven revolved around the boys trying to retrieve their winning ticket stub for a candy free-for-all at Lolly's. Kudos for honoring a bit of canon.

The kids are probably using social media to clue each other in on the best houses for candy. Meanwhile, I think the adults are in competition with each other to not have the lamest trick-or-treat destination.

Not enough to tell if this is going to be a "real" Halloween episode yet. By "real" I mean will it have crazy sh*t going on like zombies or evil parallel universes; or will it just be 'normal' episode set during Halloween like Marjorine or Hell on Earth?

Last year's "witch pursuit thingie" counts as real. ;)

You read it! You can't unread it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:33 am

Sgt. Sarge wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:19 pm
Female345 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:31 am
We literally got one last year. Cartman and Heidi's wardrobe crisis + the Witch Chase and shoot'em up.

Also can't wait to see everyone in their costumes. Cartman dressed as Snake from Escape from New York,(edit: it's actually a fortnite character), don't know who Kyle is.
But that was just Cartman and Heidi. Didn't see the other kids do much, and whatever they did do was offscreen at Dr. Spooky's Pumpkin Patch. That Halloween episode was more focused on the adults than on the kids.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:05 am

Several episodes this season have been kind of rough and depressing, that said so has this year, and they’re always good at mirroring things. I hope this one will just be just be plain fun. They’ve been good at making their halloween themed episodes random, ridiculous and funny.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:33 am

Is the Postshow discussion up yet??
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:13 am

Yes.

BringBackChef

Postby BringBackChef » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:31 pm

BringBackChef wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:00 pm
Maybe we will have a Kenny sighting this episode. That would be nice.
Well. I guess I got my wish granted, didn't I? GREAT episode!!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”