S22E07: "Nobody Got Cereal?" postshow discussion.

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Re: S22E07: "Nobody Got Cereal?" postshow discussion.

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:30 am

At least you're still trying, Mario.
I've surrendered. It has become clear to me that nothing substantial is going to happen on this issue. In fact, we as a species are stomping on the gas. There is no disaster large enough to sway the deniers. They care more about their tribal allegiances than the truth. And the truth is far, far more dire than most people can appreciate. I don't even think most people who are on board with anthropogenic climate change fully understand how screwed we are. This is the Holocene Mass Extinction.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Superpuff

Postby Superpuff » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:07 am

First time posting here. Long time fan.
Gotta give credit to Matt and Trey for keeping up with current events and being on the forefront on portraying the most current problems in society and showing them in the most absurd way.

Regarding this arc I have to give props for giving a great metaphor for climate change. It's a mythical thing no one believes in but at the same time it's killing lots of people we don't know. Mostly in the more tropical areas and places close to water. For now USA isn't that affected except for the extreme colds that came now before but not that many more hurricanes and tsunamis. And the people just already decided that it's too late to do anything about it.

Being from Sweden we have a green party and they're having a real rough time. It's very easy to criticize them for being hypocritical but it's mostly about working towards a goal and that's the bigger problem. We do what we can over here but then we hear of america starting up coal mines and drilling for more oil and it just makes you sigh.

Gotta also call out the worrying groups where they worry about if they should start to worry. Pure gold.

But in conclusion. Let's hope manbearpig can be tamed. Or else we'll probably have a whole new world to live in.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:32 pm

I don't know why I forgot to post my thoughts on this eppy even though it's from last year. Got lazy I guess lol. But since I just rewatched it thought I should.

Overall I felt the payoff was a little..meh. There's a lot of talk and drama going on but everything seemed to be fixed so easily. The boys escaped from jail too easily. I thought that was going to be some big thing but it wasn't. Turns out Manbearpig is here because seniors wanted a more affluent town with cars and ice cream and such. And everything gets resolved with a little meeting between the boys, Manbearbig, and a lawyer and all they have to do is sign a few papers. The simplicity of it is humorous- that's why the show is so good, those simple moments, but after a big epic fight and the boys being arrested to that... meh. The fight between Manbearpig and Satan was pretty cool- and it was funny that everyone was so sad that Satan died. So will we see him again?

I did not care for the repeated jokes in this episode either. Al Gore showing up as some mystic guide. It was funny the first time when he appeared in Kyle's room but that's it. And too many Red Dead Redemption jokes!!! Again, I don't play video games so they went over my head. Even still, M&T usually don't rehash a joke like that. That's one of the reasons why season 20 blows.

What was funny though was the 'when should I start the worry?' bits. Had me LOLing hard. All in all, just meh in comparison to 'Time to Get Cereal.' I really liked that one. This- 5/10.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”