S22E08: "Buddha Box" preshow discussion.

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

S22E08: "Buddha Box" preshow discussion.

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:11 pm

Episode 2208 - Buddha Box

Cartman has been diagnosed with anxiety. Cartman just can’t deal with people any longer. They get in the way of what’s most important in his life.

One-on-One Time - Cartman discusses the wonders of the Buddha Box with Craig. Buddha Box is an iOS app.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JVM

Re: S22E08: "Buddha Box" preshow discussion.

Postby JVM » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:13 am

A lot of fans are speculating because Tweek might be a buddhist and Craig mentions Tweek in the clip, but we'll see if 'Buddha' has any real story relevance. I usually enjoy intentionally over-speculating but I don't think I'm going to do that this time.

Looks like "Le Petit Tourette", "Ass Burgers", "Raising the Bar" or "Safe Space" - an episode where Cartman takes advantage of something health-related to his ends. I think that's a solid satirical story structure but I found the returns severely diminished with each reuse.

I'm sure some people will still find it funny and they should be pleased, and that's all that really matters.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:00 am

I'm bracing myself for more irritating "Fatass thinks he's a victim." No one co-ops someone else's struggle better than Lardo and it always makes me want to see him kicked in the nuts.

That said, "anxiety" is one of those massively over-diagnosed and poorly defined conditions with literally infinite causes and just as many proposed solutions; many of which are total placebos or just something that distracts. Then you get people just going through normal human experiences; ups and downs; good days, bad days; and they use that as an excuse to bring their stupid little dog on the goddamn airplane. "Support Animals"; I mean come on. You just want to bring your cat on vacation.
Big-Will wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:11 pm
Buddha Box is an iOS app.
What does it do? Asking for someone too lazy to look it up. ;)
I'm going to guess food.

You read it! You can't unread it!
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:48 am

triplemultiplex wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:00 am
I'm bracing myself for more irritating "Fatass thinks he's a victim." No one co-ops someone else's struggle better than Lardo and it always makes me want to see him kicked in the nuts.

That said, "anxiety" is one of those massively over-diagnosed and poorly defined conditions with literally infinite causes and just as many proposed solutions; many of which are total placebos or just something that distracts. Then you get people just going through normal human experiences; ups and downs; good days, bad days; and they use that as an excuse to bring their stupid little dog on the goddamn airplane. "Support Animals"; I mean come on. You just want to bring your cat on vacation.
I don't think anxiety is over-diagnosed as much as overclaimed, in the same sense that there are many, many, many people who claim they "have OCD" often to justify repetitive behavior, but none of those people actually have a formal diagnosis of such a thing. I say this because my mother and many of her friends do this, one of them firmly in the abuse of support animals category, but who also complained specifically because a policy was altered to ask for a doctor's note they obviously did not have. Many disorders are actively over diagnosed, but I think this is about neurotypical people using the disorder to justify behavior while not bothering to check themselves. You see it with depression too; people claiming they have depression to justify doing sh*tty things, but you know those people do not actively suffer from it.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:05 am

I can tell you in detail about real deal OCD and anxiety. I can’t even change my calendar anymore because “Something bad will happen”

“88.3 WXFU” would be virtually impossible in both that location and frequency.

And that was friend of the show Brad Paisley at the end with “Today” (2017)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”