S23E01: "Mexican Joker" preshow discussion.

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

S23E01: "Mexican Joker" preshow discussion.

Postby Big-Will » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:53 am

S23 E01 - Mexican Joker

Cartman reports Kyle as an illegal immigrant, and ICE shows up at the Broflovski house. Kyle finds himself among the illegal immigrant kids in an ICE detention camp.
Preview clip: https://southpark.cc.com/clips/ogq1pf/w ... nymous-tip
This episode will tackle enforced separations of illegal families by ICE agents.

Meanwhile, in the pilot episode of the new hit series, Tegridy Farms, Randy battles home-grown weed and comes to terms with the fact that he might be a towel.

I guess Matt and Trey will never tire of Randy, even as the fan base is grousing more and more about it.

The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JamesPolo

Re: S23E01: "Mexican Joker" preshow discussion.

Postby JamesPolo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:13 am

I wonder how Kyle is suppose to be like the Joker? The Joker film hasn't come out yet and it doesn't give away a whole lot of the plots. I bet Matt and Trey have seen it otherwise they wouldn't be able to do that good of a parody. From what I gather from the Joker film its that Arthur turns into the Joker as everyone bullied him and abused or murdered everyone he loves. So I guess Kyle will go through a similar transformation. Funny how Cartman called ICE on the Broflovski's family. It is abusive the treatment the kids and illegals get at the border in those camps. I guess Kyle will see too much mistreatment of the Illegal Mexicans and wants to take action. Wonder if David and his family get picked up too? With Kyle in the ICE camp it makes me think of Scarface also.

The Randy plot seems fun. I can use more marijuana jokes. Seems like Randy would win the challenge between his Tegrity Weed vs homegrown. If Randy does lose that may be the way to get him to move back to town with his family in their old house. If he wins I think that will make for a more entertaining episode. Wonder who Randy is challenged against with his weed. The homegrown growers may look funny or something. Not sure how Randy's weed would win as homegrown would probably be better. Maybe there are illegal chemicals being used? Maybe Randy turns into the Joker and its not Kyle? Could be no one likes Randy's weed anymore so he smokes a whole lot and loses his mind and goes killing people. Or what if Randy tries to use chemicals to enhance his weed and the mix gets on him turning him into the Joker? Randy could also use all the illegals to pick his weed for him or to help grow the weed as they can be pretty good with growing pot.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:26 am

How would ICE be fooled that the Broflovski family are illegals? Would it be revealed that one or both of the parents were not born in America? I can see how Ike could be an illegal as he was born in Canada. I remember that the show had done this before with having Canadians invading America and there needing to be a wall along the Northern border. Maybe Gerald was born in Israel, I don’t remember his past. Shelia was supposed to have been born in New Jersey and Kyle also. Could be its easy to have people arrested for being illegal even if they aren’t or maybe they really are illegal. The camp clearly shows Latino children. Wonder if Ike is deported to a Canadian detention center?
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:12 am

ICE is both immigration and customs. So I know that it would be funny to see the customs side. What if like I said that the Mexicans help Randy with his weed business, that would totally be some tegrity there. I don't think that Mexican weed is any good though but they used to grow some good outdoor kindbud. I would think that Randy will hire the illegals to work for him to pick the weed and improve it.

What if now that the Joker is the homegrown businessmen? It could be that Randy is infected first turning into a Joker but that it ends with the homegrown people being the ones found out to be Jokers. I think we know that the Joker character will probably go around killing and destroying things so being that character would be bad.

Not sure how there is a Mexican Joker. If it is that Kyle is the Joker, he would have to suffer and see those he loves suffer. It does sound kind of funny to see Kyle running around killing people and the like.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:27 am

Figures Randy would have a follow-up series to his smash-hit show White People Renovating Houses. :D You could see this coming last year when the front porch was shown, and it looked like something straight out of the '50s.

stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:55 pm

Season 32? You might want to fix that. :)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:08 pm

Touché!

Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:16 pm

Are we really surprised Cartan reports the Broflovskis to this 'camp''? I wonder why Kyle is detained with a bunch of Mexicans however. Maybe they detain Jews too for whatever reason? I had to roll my eyes at story A however. Randy's name of course is what's highlighted. Not Stan. It has to be about Randy and he has to take the show doing something...stupid again no doubt. Yes he's funny but I can't help but go back to what Cartman said at the end of season 22- 'it used to be about the four of us.' As usual I will bitch and moan about no actual 'Stan' episode until such a story appears. We all know how much Matt and Trey love Randy and sure, they probably identify with him more now than the kids. But certain character focuses always pop up nowadays: Cartman, Randy, Butters. I'm sure we will get the usual bits with Stan and Sharon rolling their eyes and being annoyed at Randy with whatever he does this week- which is fun- but I'm guessing Stan only gets a few lines. I of course wonder if the whole 'Tegridy Farms' story ends tomorrow or will the Marsh family continue living there all this season too.

Well, nothing left to do but wait and see. Remaining hopeful since I've missed SP the past year so need my fix once again.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:33 pm

I forgot about the part where Randy has his own tv show. No clue how that goes. Probably starts out with Randy proud and then after he realizes he has serious competition with the homegrown people, that he becomes a wreck. I would think it ends with Randy on a high note filming his show happy and feeling accomplished after he somehow beats the homegrown people.

What about if Randy steals the best confiscated weed he can find from ICE, ICE probably has tons of seized weed and some of it must be killer. That could be a way of competing against the homegrown people.

Will there be a Mexican that turns into the Joker? That would be weird but make sense. I have felt sadness for Latinos when there are stories of a father and daughter drowning and things like that. It would make sense for a man to lose his whole family during the travel to America and by ICE's mistreatment and after it all, he is told he will be sent back home. It seems now that the Joker of the episode may be a grieving Mexican that loses his mind over peoples uncaring behavior.

People are worried about the Joker film inspiring people to commit mass shootings and the like. If there is something serious that happens, I could see how the episode Mexican Joker may be banned.
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:24 am

This topic is still showing as open and I never got my speculation in.

I was kind of hoping to see David Rodriguez at some point, even a nod, given the subject matter. The show hasn't really used him since s19 ended.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:45 am

JVM wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:24 am
This topic is still showing as open and I never got my speculation in.

I was kind of hoping to see David Rodriguez at some point, even a nod, given the subject matter. The show hasn't really used him since s19 ended.
He'd have to be an illegal immigrant child for that to work, since it's illegal families the Trump Administration is going after. I think the Rodriguez family is here legally, but it would have been an interesting turn of events to see him hauled off like Cartman, Stan, and other white kids. There are shades of "The Wacky Molestation Adventure" here, but the kids didn't fend for themselves as they did in that episode. Send me a message if you want this reopened, or these two posts moved to the postshow discussion.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”