S23E03: "Shots!!!" preshow discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

S23E03: "Shots!!!" preshow discussion

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:54 am

Episode 2303 - Shots!!!

Randy revels in a Tegridy Farms milestone. Meanwhile, Cartman stands his ground and refuses to get a shot.

The risk of becoming artistic

Cartman an anti-vaxxer?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JVM

Re: S23E03: "Shots!!!" preshow discussion

Postby JVM » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:34 am

I was a little nervous when I saw the press release, but the clip calmed me down. I do find the anti-vaccination movement a bit of a lazy target but that doesn't make it any less deserving and hopefully Trey will find some fun in the story from it.

Randy celebrating a milestone seems to guarantee at least some small meta. Here's hoping it's an understatement. Just give me a little something like "I'm a Little Bit Country".

It's hard to speculate on this one, but I'm hopeful.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:24 pm

I'm not sure if this one will be that good. There are always anti-vaccine moms on talk shows like the view or something every week. It does seem lazy if there is not a lot of death and action. We have probably already heard all there is on the subject. Seems predictable that Cartman will get sick and make others sick.

I see a fun plot that after Cartman gets sick he becomes artistic as he is confused between autistic and artistic. Wonder if Queen Greta Thunberg will be in the episode? I think seeing Cartman artistic will be funny. Maybe he is actually good at art?

Randy's milestone could be anything but I would think it was profit related. Maybe Banksy will be in the episode? I would think there would have to be famous dead and alive artists.
Last edited by JamesPolo on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:24 pm

300th Episode
https://press.cc.com/image-download/957456

Mexican Joker was also the most watched comedy telecast of the year. That’s big for cable since so few have it anymore.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:43 pm

Wonder who Randy murders this episode? If he is happy about profit as his milestone he may go after lowering taxes and to kill politicians to raise his profit.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
mario88

Postby mario88 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:14 pm

People who refuse to get shots, or even worse don't want their children to get them, shouldn't even be allowed to vote. I very much look forward to watching this episode.

I don't care that much about the topic per se (luckily, it is still a very limited phenomenon in my country), but I do care about the spreading of this retarded anti-scientific mentality worldwide.
He is the record!
mario88

Postby mario88 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:20 pm

Also, I see this is the 300th episode.

The 100th was perfect, 200 and 201, too. I don't demand perfection, but I would be disappointed if this one didn't turn out to be at least almost as good as the ones abovementioned.

Thanks to Trey and Matt for providing year after year a funny show with intellectual content. By far, the best show of the latest 30 years along with the Simpsons (and south park aged much better than them).
He is the record!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:57 pm

I let out a huge groan when reading this. Two names I am so sick of seeing pop up in press releases- Randy/Tegridy Farms and Cartman. And I know I'm not the only one. :? This really is going to be the 'Tegridy Farms' spinoff show this year huh? I mean how many different ways can Randy try and fail at making money from weed? Although it appears the Marsh family is rich by the ending of Band in China. So then what else needs to be done? Except move the family back to SP! Or at least have Sharon take the kids and run lol. Randy only seems to care about his business atm anyway.

And once again- Cartman refusing something or trying to make a statement and will probably fail. Getting bored with such plots. Not sure what the actual premise of the episode will be but of course it would kill Matt and Trey too much to give Stan the focus two weeks in a row. :cry: Change things up, have him 'STANd his ground' over something again. I take note of tiny things from the show. Cartman seems to have little issue with shots. Stan was the one with the hospital fear and groaning while Dr. Doctor was 'injecting a man when the needle was scraping the bone and their head popped off' in 'Cartman's Mom....Still a Dirty Slut.' lol I just wish they'd revisit that matter but since it was so long ago they probably forgot...

Cartman's refusal could have nothing to do with shots itself of course..

This just doesn't feel like an epic 300 episode. I'm feeling sad again now.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:39 am

Figures Cartman would fall ass backwards into being an anti-vaxer. Fits him perfectly; selfish to the point of causing harm to others.

I have a lot to say on this subject since it rubs me wrong on several levels. Anti-vaxxers don't know how vaccines work, they don't know how disease works, they don't know the difference between correlation and causation. They're inevitably sucked in by stupid medical conspiracy theories and have gone to increasingly painful lengths to cling to their terrible, cult like belief in widespread, secret vaccine harm. People (mostly babies!!) are needlessly dying from diseases we were ->this<- close to exterminating until some dipshits got it in their mush brains to latch on to some demonstrably bad science and decided they know better than the experts.

Coming into this episode, my bar is pretty high for how I expect these Typhoid Marys to be dealt with. I'm talking a "Biggest Douche in the Universe" kind of treatment. Anything less than that will be disappointing.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:10 am

Stanluv25 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:57 pm
Cartman's refusal could have nothing to do with shots itself of course..
It has all to do with shots itself. But now there are ways to avoid the shots that are protected by the government - conscientious objection, religious freedoms, etc., and mother and son have employed them all to keep Cartman from ever getting immunized. So it follows that behind the reasoning of many anti-vaxxers is a child who's deathly (read: extremely) afraid of getting vaccinated.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”