S23E03: "Shots!!!" postshow discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Mafmaf

Re: S23E03: "Shots!!!" postshow discussion

Postby Mafmaf » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:50 pm

Must say I was kinda afraid of this episode. I'll try to explain best as my english allows me to.

My second child had proper develop, started walking, talking, everything fine. Then he had his vaccine. Don't know how in USA but here we started to inject kids with like three or four different vaccines in one shot. So, after the shot he spent two weeks in fevers and after that he stopped walking, talking, hell he even stopped recognizing us, his parents. He just lied and looked onto roof. Later, after he was diagnosed with autism the doctors sent us for genetic tests if it might be hereditary. No, negative.

Listen, I DON'T say vaccination screw my kid. I don't know if it did. But if you know the timeline, where it all went sh*t, you know it's not given by your genes, it leaves me with only option- there had to be something taken from outside that made kids body and brain react that way. Might be from shots, might from polution of air, food additives, don't know, don't care. If I knew what would I do with it? Sue someone? f*ck that, that wouldn't change what life has my son ahead of him. Hey, you know what is kinda "funny" too? After the diagnose doctors very strongly didn't recommend any future vaccination for this kid. Like what? Why? I am not lying, this is absolute true. Maybe any of you can understand the reasoning, not me.

So when I hear someone like Jim Jeffries calling people idiots for questioning what changed their kids I am getting pretty sick of this bastard. I was scared if South Park would call me idiot as well.

I am not saying to anyone: Hey, don't vaccine your kids. I just say I am pretty glad we decided to have only two kids and we won't have to make this decision anymore.

About this episode- I would rate it as... average with one great moment- f*ck the Chinese government. That was great. Especially given situation about NBA and LeBron and other shitheads kissing chinese asses. South Park STANd strong again.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:22 pm

I'm still really conflicted and annoyed they have Cartman afraid of needles and it's not Stan. Not to say Stan isn't... lol I'm sorry I just refuse to pass that off since it's been part of my head canon for years. I wish I didn't care about such trivial things but it's who I am. I'll say they both are to give me a slight piece of mind. :roll:

I did have to point out a bit that made me laugh in the episode- Cartman showing his mother out the door. Typical. He thinks he can survive on his own and kicks his own mother out. Kind of like how he was in Tsst, running away thinking the other kids would allow him to stay at their house. Oh, and of course killing his own mother is a part of his plans too. haha

Well that has nothing to do with this episode. Just a similarity.

Also have to point out the vaccination round up thing is indeed a very Matt and Trey kind of thing to do. Cruel but humorous. Doesn't mean I like the episode anymore than before, just wanted to point that out too.

And haha wow, people are starting to argue about vaccinations on here. Knew it would happen. Of course I think anti-vaxxers are nuts though. I mean, we aren't all suffering from polio right now, are we? I'll shut up now.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:00 am

Back in the day, we'd get a whole bunch of nutters through the forum after a "controversial" topic like this one. Now we get like two. Makes me oddly nostalgic for those days after Mystery of the Urinal Deuce; torpedoing 9/11 truthers' fanciful notions about physics. But that's the way of things; forums are old news. Everyone just uses Twitter and sh*t.

But we did get two warriors for "truth". One "derrr, you guys are sheeple if you don't agree with my crazy!" and one "oh boo hoo, my totally completely true anecdote!"

That's all you get when the evidence is not on their side. Lunatic conspiracy ideas from people who don't know how disease works and the appeal to anecdote, the validity of which is inconsequential compared to actual data on the subject.

It be nice if only anti-vaxxers contracted vaccine preventable disease and it really was all about one's personal liberty, but that's not the way things work. Some segment of the population can't get certain vaccines due to allergies or other pre-existing conditions. They rely on herd immunity. You need over 90% of the population vaccinated to achieve herd immunity (the exact number varies slightly from virus to virus.) When it dips below that threshold, lo and behold, here comes the vaccine preventable disease back from the almost dead. Someone travels to a country where the disease is still around and brings it back to Oregon or Disneyland or wherever and whoops, you all have whooping cough.

It's such an entitled world view by people who are too young to remember how f*cking terrible it was to have measles and polio and small pox looming as a constant threat to one's life. My well being against this perceived threat is more important than society's well being against this threat that actually does exist and has caused serious damage for generations until we figured out how to stop it. They coast on herd immunity for a while until too many selfish jerks read their blogs and fake news and the next thing you know, babies are coughing themselves to death.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Wirxaw

Postby Wirxaw » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:02 pm

Great, an entire reply wasted because it was written in more than 5 minutes and you logged me out. Great forums, thanks for shutting down the Facebook comments.

Anyway, I hope the "Fuhh the Chinese government" and "I will not deal with communists" will get some kind of development later. It would be sad that instead of "Shutting down" - South Park would just become a fascist propaganda machine.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:21 pm

Forums in general are pretty dead, thanks to the push for social media interaction. The only forum I go to for South Park discussion is reddit/r/southpark.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”