S23E07: "Board Girls" preshow discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

S23E07: "Board Girls" preshow discussion

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:04 am

Episode 2307 - Board Girls

The Annual Strong Woman Competition pushes everyone to their limits. In the season opener, an even stronger woman causes big problems for PC Principal. Cartman, Stan, and the rest of the boys meet their match when some of the girls join their board gamers club.

Season opener, huh?
So "Tegridy Farms" is six episodes
"South Park" is four episodes

Dice Studz Gamers Club
Cartman, Stan, Butters, and the other boys play Dungeons & Dragons.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JVM

Re: S23E07: "Board Girls" preshow discussion

Postby JVM » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:24 am

After last week's disappointment, I have zero interest left. Randy will do something dumb and suffer nothing and the kids will be lucky to get one scene. Someone might die. The 'Girls' in the title won't be anyone we care about.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:51 am

Some things are obvious (Trey plays the game, references will likely be good as a result) Not my thing.

They joked in commentary that they could do a “PC Babies Season”, which came from last year where they did a parody of the Muppet Babies intro. Now with Tegrity Farms supposedly over, I wonder if they will act on that idea for the next few. With “Strong Woman” in the plot, I see this as a possibility.

No Press Release yet so little other than the obvious.

On a side note, it says the next episode after this one will air the day before Thanksgiving. I’m wondering if this is a mistake, given Comedy Central has not wanted new anything to air that week over the years.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:23 am

kfgg wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:51 am
On a side note, it says the next episode after this one will air the day before Thanksgiving.
Wait, what?

I like that the Club Fair is on December 12 of this year, the day after the season ends. :)

JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:34 pm

Where are the kids playing the board games? At school? I don't know anything about board games. I will be lost in this episode but it seems fun so far. I don't get why it would be a problem for girls to play with the boys. Trey is weird that he believes in this and probably practices it as well. I know Trey plays board games but does he have a problem with allowing girls to play with him? I actually like to play with girls the best. I'm sick of other men. I don't know why board games are some sort of macho man women's hater club thing. I think the back and forths will be funny. I hope Betty gets to do something with this episode, I really like Trey's daughter.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:53 pm

Strong Women looks hot lifting those weights. I think the women competing in lifting weights is hot and a nice plot. Ali Spagnola on twitter is always lifting weights. I think I'll love this episode as it seems like it has so much of women empowerment to it. I'm glad Trey decided to make this episode. It will probably be good for his daughter. I wonder what the woman that is stronger than Strong Women looks like. She must be huge with muscles, I not into women being too jacked but if a girl wants to weight lift and have lots of muscle than that's fine with me. I wonder how the weight lifting will tie into the boys playing board games?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:50 pm

JamesPolo wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:34 pm
Where are the kids playing the board games? At school?
Yeppir! Note the locker in the room.

JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:05 am

In the picture is Strong Women doing a clean and jerk of 550 lb? That would be like a world record!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:44 pm

Hmm, this could be promising. Of course I don't really care about the Strong Woman storyline. I was never a fan of her, PC Principal, or the PC babies. I wonder if other local women in SP will be in the competition?

Of course the story I care about is the board game one. Even if I know nothing of the game the boys will be playing it should be fun to watch. Board games have become quite the popular choice for the boys lately. They were playing one in A Boy and a Priest, Stan plays one with his dad and grandpa in Freemium Isn't Free, Stan has a shelf with board games displayed in his room on Tegridy Farms... I wonder just how difficult the girls will make things to be. But I am highly curious as to why Kyle isn't a part of this. He's not mentioned or seen at all in the preview. Also wanted to note too- last week in 'Season Finale' Kyle was absent when his parents take the lasagna over for Sharon and the kids. Stan is seen having fun with Cartman and Butters yet Kyle was nowhere to be seen. Why? Are they trying to break apart the close friendship Stan and Kyle once shared? You would think Kyle was happy for his friend last week since Stan obviously was fed up with Tegridy Farms too. Kinda sad.

Looking forward to this eppy all in all.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:45 am

Stanluv25 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:44 pm
But I am highly curious as to why Kyle isn't a part of this. He's not mentioned or seen at all in the preview. Also wanted to note too- last week in 'Season Finale' Kyle was absent when his parents take the lasagna over for Sharon and the kids. Stan is seen having fun with Cartman and Butters yet Kyle was nowhere to be seen. Why? Are they trying to break apart the close friendship Stan and Kyle once shared? You would think Kyle was happy for his friend last week since Stan obviously was fed up with Tegridy Farms too. Kinda sad.

Looking forward to this eppy all in all.
Stan's love of board games seems like a reflection on Trey. It's the little things sometimes. I've been telling people I think Kyle may be absent in the preview because it's the 'Dice Studz' club, and considering we know they'll bump heads with the girls, maybe he sees it as misogynistic already. There's a few other notable kids missing so we'll see. Lineup could change in the final episode.

You're definitely right about how Stan and Kyle's friendship has been missing, although it feels like years since it's been relevant in an interesting way. The last couple times I remember it coming up were when Matt and Trey were milking it for drama and not as much confiding or personal care. Trey seems to increasingly marry himself to dynamics that involve a lot of conflict, and Stan-Kyle doesn't lend well to that, and even they seem tired of Stan-Randy. Seems to be why he's not as in focus, but it's a shame!
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”