S23E08: “Turd Burglars” Postshow Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

S23E08: “Turd Burglars” Postshow Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:04 am

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! How was the show?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JamesPolo

Re: S23E08: “Turd Burglars” Postshow Discussion

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:07 am

Turd Burglars was not that bad of an episode. The ending seems a little weak for some reason but all in all the episode was fun. The spice mélange is funny. I didn’t get the joke behind it, but I guess it has ties to the Dune series as I looked it up.

It was nice for an episode about just the ladies and some of the boys. It had great back and forth between the mothers and them cussing at each other.

We never find out who was the donor for Sheila. That would have been fun. I would have liked it if there was time to show off having Tom Brady’s poop makes you better than others. The ongoing joke that his sh*t is some sort of super drug was funny as hell. It’s kind of wore thin a little at the end but that seemed more due to the episode ending so fast and it needing wrapping up too quick. I think it was great to have Tom Brady joked on again.

There was a lot of vomit and poop in this episode. Great scenes were of the mothers pooping and vomiting on people at the restaurant. Sheila doing the same at the school in the beginning was fun.

The intro was the usual words but I guess it was all April Stewart singing for all the female characters.

I would have liked a Thanksgiving episode more but this one was good enough.

It was great to yet again this season see a good mix up of the formula.

I’ll give her an 8.5/10
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:29 am

Kenny. That’s about it
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:50 am

Ike knows what's up. :cartmanlaugh:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:50 am

All in all pretty fun. It had a fun intro. I was curious what they were going to do this week since it seemed like a normal enough episode. Although I am curious if and when they will revert back to one theme song for the entire season. No matter what I feel it's time to update. It's been the same one since season 17 or so huh? I like how the focus was on some of the mother's. Although there wasn't any Sharon. For a female-heavy episode I was upset about that. But I guess Sharon was smart enough not to take part in this fecal transplant thing going around. Which I am kinda glad about, it doesn't really seem like something she'd do.

I really like how Kyle was so grossed out about bacteria and such. Makes perfect sense for his character. He's the one who hates pee after all! lol So I'm honestly not surprised at all he was so bothered by that kind of thing. It is pretty gross if you think about it, that's why I try not to..

I love how it didn't take much to convince Cartman, Stan, and Kenny to steal Sheila's crap. Again, very in-character for them. And nice to see those three working together. Kyle has been on Cartman's side a couple times recently which I still find odd. It makes sense Stan would join in just to get his hands on a video game. I lmao at the close-up of the boys at Tom Brady's house when you hear their thoughts. Kenny: Why did I agree to do this? I don't even have a machine to play on! :lol: Although I didn't really get the whole 'spice malage' joke. There was a lot of poop in this episode which does gross me out so I gotta take points off for that.

It would be fun if we had another 'One for the Ladies' episode, of course with Sharon having a role in it. But it was pretty clear at the end of the episode that's not going to happen. But I did have to laugh at Matt and Trey's thinking- giving the ladies more screen time but of course in the way they know best- with vomit and sh*t. I wonder what ever happened to Dr. Doctor??

Fun episode overall. Boys being boys. No Randy. A lot from the other moms yet no Sharon. So I'm giving it 7/10.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:13 am

Three of the four main boys in some sort of caper? I like that very much.

They did some nice little equal treatment by having all those ladies sh*tting themselves. They treated their female characters no different than they've treated the male characters when it comes to the toilet humor. That's a decent follow up to Board Girls.

The fecal transplant topic is very much a real thing; as is the do-it-yourself crowd screwing themselves up.
The medical way to do the fecal transplant is to take the sample and turn it into a pill one swallows and introduce the bacteria that way. The pill is thick so there's no chance of tasting it unless someone is foolish enough to bite down. The legit use for fecal transplant is for people who have had their gut biome wiped out by strong anti-biotics. But this has led to basically healthy amateurs thinking they can somehow improve their health by ramming someone else's sh*t up their ass. Just another get-thin-quick scam.
Los Angeles is the Grand Central Station of medical pseudoscience, so I'm not surprised this was on Trey's radar.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”