S23E10: “Christmas Snow” postshow duscussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

S23E10: “Christmas Snow” postshow duscussion

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:27 am

How was it?
Happy holidays!
Happy hiatus!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
kfgg

Re: S23E10: “Christmas Snow” postshow duscussion

Postby kfgg » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:38 am

Was rushed. Can always tell when they are. Kinda sad about there not being any more for another year. But it was not a bad season overall. Stronger first half.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:44 am

Well for whatever reason I didn’t think of cocaine.

The tree lighting ceremony looked fun, especially with all the alcohol. I know I would hate a county ordinance of no alcohol. I would probably have to move. I don’t think car crashes are that bad with DUI’s on the holidays. Its usually stupid people that use drugs and alcohol as an excuse when they act poorly.

It was sweet to see Randy with the white beard. He is now a new Santa Clause figure. I knew pretty fast that it was going to be cronic or marijuana with cocaine that was being sold when I saw Randy.

It was kind of sad to me to see a possible future of the USA which is the intended message with how cocaine would be legalized one day. I don’t like opioids as they are too strong and you can overdose and die from them too easy. It is possible that one day cocaine is legal but I hope that day is never realized. Having it legal would cut out the gangs and crimes but the drug still hurts many people whether legal or not.

The marijuana free Christmas snow was scary. I don’t think that Matt and Trey understand what could happen to this country if that happened.

Santa as the Grinch was lame as this show has done that joke like 4 times now. There must have been another way to have Santa steal all the cocaine.

It was funny and scary to see Santa use cocaine and have Randy use his normal pitch to sell his products work and change Santa’s opinion of cocaine. The same happens to Jesus.

Jesus uses his powers to make the remaining cocaine snow down in the town of South Park so parents can get high.

Kind of felt like a dangerous episode in trying to legalize cocaine which does ruin lives.

I’ll give her a 7.5 out of 10.
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:43 am

Oh dear, Randy's gone totally rogue now.

JOSHSKORN

Postby JOSHSKORN » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:03 am

Not a bad episode. Loved the pun on the Ugly Christmas Sweater sold and banned from Wal-mart in Columbia. Looks like i can get the sweater off of Amazon.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:34 pm

Hmm, well it had some laughs. The drunk driving montage was funny. The adults utterly perplexed by the chain blocking their access to booze. Randy's: Shelley! Shelley! Shelley! 'Marijuana-free Christmas Snow.' The callbacks to their previous episodes. That not many people liked 'Mexican Joker'.

The lows: Stan had ZERO lines!!! What the hell was up with that?? :cry: Not a good way to end the season for me. Not at all. Also the Christmas tree in the Broflovski house. What the hell?? They've never celebrated the holiday before, did M&T forget about that? They seem to disregard things established in earlier episodes a few times this season. The lack of Sharon. Then again she isn't as likely as the other adults to get high/drunk or be into 'fecal transplants'. Still, would have liked to see her shoot down Randy's Christmas Snow idea or be inside the house or watch Stan ice-skate or something. It was odd not to see her there at all. Maybe she really did move back to SP and the kids live with her sometimes then go to the farm on weekends. Doubt it but still found it odd to see Randy and Shelley still at the farm. What's the point if there was nothing to sell?

Jesus didn't do much. I was hoping he or Santa would destroy the Christmas snow and everyone would realize they didn't need to get high/drunk to enjoy the holidays. At least have someone over the age of 10 say 'ya know, this is a pretty stupid idea....' Do M&T really think drugs are the solution to life's problems??

There were some laughs but the episode could have been a lot better. The last act was pretty weak. There's no way another Christmas episode could be better than Woodland Critter Christmas and we all know that. This was 7/10.

Season 24 is now forever and a day away.... *sigh*
Last edited by Stanluv25 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:35 pm

It was ok nice to see Santa & Jesus again I had a couple of laughs. Maybe it’s just me but I rolled my eyes when Randy showed up. Best episode this season was last weeks now I’m off to watch A Very Crappy Christmas. Howdy ho
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:58 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:34 pm
' Do M&T really think drugs are the solution to life's problems??
Considering the effects of drugs on the driving abilities of the townsfolk, I don't think they think this. But they are Libertarians, and one thing Libertarians would love to do is end the War on Drugs, since all that's doing is showing us what we're doing, but not changing our ways. It's just good money going after bad and being flushed away when it could be used for better things.

And the drugs didn't make the adults drive the way they did. Their own weaknesses did this - they drive this way no matter what they took.

Mark Marsh

Postby Mark Marsh » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:39 am

Well, ive gotten to a point where i will love literally anything from south park. I have loved it for so many reasons for such a long time that even when chapters are evidently showing things that are happening in USA , i still enjoy it(Im from argentina so pop culture refferences are not my favourite thing in south park cause i don get some of them, so this kind of chapters are not my special thing). I dont want to bore you with my opinion about what makes south park special, but to make a long story short (no zeepline episode reference intended), i think it has gone away a little bit, and thats kind of sad.
Itsjohnidk

Postby Itsjohnidk » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:55 pm

The episode started out so great, but it missed that Christmas charm all the other episodes had. I was hoping there would be some music. When the car crash scene happened, I feel the women could have said, Merry Christmas, I feel great. then her neck snaps open with blood pouring out with a black x for her eyes. I feel that south park is really in a good place. But you can sense the writing is rushed. Also, Jesus would never hand out coke. You would think cartman would at least rub the jew thing in kyles face at least once. Show a scene of kyle on the toliet trying to poop and not getting mr hanky this year and crying.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”