913 free willzyx

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:46 am

Orange_Kenny wrote:But it's a mexican space craft, I'm telling you it's not going to be that fast! Should be about an hour in the atmosphere. Should be more than a little crispy... mmmmm

Then it would be even cooler. The atmosphere itself isn't hot. It's the friction between the spacecraft and the molecules in the atmosphere that generates heat. So the faster you go, the hotter it gets. And a rocket has to be going almost 20,000 miles an hour to get into orbit. But the atmosphere gets thinner the higher you go, so while the speed is increasing, the friction with atmosphere is decreasing.

You read it! You can't unread it!
PurpleHaze12

Postby PurpleHaze12 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:50 pm

Blooper...When the boys lfet to see the other animals...kyle was alone and tapped on the glass 4 times to get Jambu...but when he comes running back to the boys he said he tapped only 3 times.
CartmanClone69

jurisdiction

Postby CartmanClone69 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:25 pm

why did the cops follow the boys to mexico isnt that going beyond their jurisdiction. it might have just been the people from the park but i think the cops went too.
Stewiotyping Jews Is Tewible!
autrefois

Postby autrefois » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:51 am

farswept wrote:The announcer called Jambu "Shamu" when he popped out of the water with the woman on his nose. That seems like such a major screw-up that it makes me wonder if they intended to say that. :?:

No, it must have been a screw-up. On the new season rewind tonight the announcer now says Jambu, so they fixed it now.

I also noticed the Shamu mistake right away last time. I know they sometimes change things after they've been broadcasted so I wasn't too surprised they fixed this. I'm just surprised no one caught it before it aired the first time!
lolwtf

Postby lolwtf » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:56 pm

PurpleHaze12 wrote:Blooper...When the boys lfet to see the other animals...kyle was alone and tapped on the glass 4 times to get Jambu...but when he comes running back to the boys he said he tapped only 3 times.

*cough*
Justin45715

Postby Justin45715 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:52 pm

Ti-M wrote:it was a f*cking fantastic episode. does anyone know where i can find that sketch of the boys? that sh*t was amazing

you can find it on this web site under downloads
They took our jobs!!Image
bpletcj

Postby bpletcj » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:15 am

PurpleHaze12 wrote:Blooper...When the boys lfet to see the other animals...kyle was alone and tapped on the glass 4 times to get Jambu...but when he comes running back to the boys he said he tapped only 3 times.

No He taps 4 times each time.

That is something I noticed as well.

I recorded it the first night it was on so Ill re check it.

I will also check to see if he says Shamum when Kelly is on his nose.
ruthless_xsi

Postby ruthless_xsi » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:41 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Then it would be even cooler. The atmosphere itself isn't hot. It's the friction between the spacecraft and the molecules in the atmosphere that generates heat. So the faster you go, the hotter it gets. And a rocket has to be going almost 20,000 miles an hour to get into orbit. But the atmosphere gets thinner the higher you go, so while the speed is increasing, the friction with atmosphere is decreasing.

It's. A. Cartoon.

Get. Over. It.
Draco888

Postby Draco888 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:41 pm

Orange_Kenny wrote:
not to mention him blowing up in the vacuum of space... so yeah everything about going into space with that whale was just plain impossible... but still funnier than hell

Not so, because he is outside the rocket, exposed to the atmosphere, he will be losing airmolecles in his lungs graduatly as he asscends.
Explosive decompression only happens when there is a verry big difference in airpressure between your lungs and outside.
If an astronaut gets his suit seriously punctured part of the routine is to exhale, to decrease the pressure difference.

Divers use a simular technique when they return from a deep dive.

Some info can be found here if you are interested:
http://www.sff.net/people/Geoffrey.Landis/vacuum.html
Wonko the Sane

Postby Wonko the Sane » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:40 pm

Draco888 wrote:
Orange_Kenny wrote:
not to mention him blowing up in the vacuum of space... so yeah everything about going into space with that whale was just plain impossible... but still funnier than hell

Not so, because he is outside the rocket, exposed to the atmosphere, he will be losing airmolecles in his lungs graduatly as he asscends.
Explosive decompression only happens when there is a verry big difference in airpressure between your lungs and outside.
If an astronaut gets his suit seriously punctured part of the routine is to exhale, to decrease the pressure difference.

Divers use a simular technique when they return from a deep dive.

Some info can be found here if you are interested:
http://www.sff.net/people/Geoffrey.Landis/vacuum.html

First off i want to say taht i am aware that it is just a cartoon however i find this an interesting thought experiment.

You are really close, true explosive decompression only happens when there is a verry big difference in airpressure, however even a small differenc in pressure causes expansive decompression. All fluids (both gasses and liquids) have pressure and will expand in a vacuum. So as the whale leaves the stmosphere even with no air in it's lungs the water inside it will begin to expand possibly causing its flesh to tear. This would continue untill it got far enough out into space that the extreme cold freezes all the water in the whale eliminiting it's pressure. the outer layer would freeze first causing the fluid inside to expand and crack the skin, which would then be pushed out and freeze. This would continue untill either the whale was entirely frozen or untill the frozen outer shell of whale flesh was strong enough to hold in what ever pressure remained (this would all happen in a few minuets)

Also because the whale has no retro rockets when it landed on the moon there would have been a pretty big crator from the impact
darkshadow88

Postby darkshadow88 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:59 pm

kacy__sp wrote:^ yeah so if the whale weighed 3000kg on earth, it would be ~500kg on the moon; still enough to keep it on the ground.

No; he would still be 3000kg. A kilogram is a measurement of mass (how much matter there is), which is in no way dependent on gravity. What would change is weight (the measurement of the amount of gravitational force acting on something), which could be measured in units such as lbs or Newtons.
LBius

Re: Not bloopers, but curious moments...

Postby LBius » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:48 pm

RomanMoroni wrote:
The_Paper_Boy wrote:Them two aren't bloopers, I could see someone kick the popcorn and drink away or Cartman could of hidden it somewhere behind his chair.

And Kyle still does slap the tank three times, so tapping it another... Doesn't really matter.

LBius, you just got served.
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. I would have to have been wrong to have been served properly. Kyle taps on the glass four times, BOTH times he approaches the enclosure. Watch the episode again before saying that.
alex_hof_2

Postby alex_hof_2 » Mon May 01, 2006 12:11 pm

yo

i no that this does not have any thing to do with the ep free willzyx but i do not no where eles to put it.

how do you get picture at the bottom of your posts? :shock:

Return to “Season 9”