The Official Cartman Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Jay C

Postby Jay C » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:25 pm

I wouldn't call him God, but he is a great character. =P

And yeah, Kelly... he's only a cartoon character. If he was a real person, I'd probably hate him more that you would. But as a character? I'd say that he's awesome.

In fact, I'll say that 'Cartman-ness' is next to 'Godliness'. (Sorry for the, umm... cornyness of the joke, but, whatever. xD)
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:59 pm

God
A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.

Cartman
Everything that is racist, ignorant, and just plain wrong in the world condensed down into a fat, hilarious nine year old cartoon character.

Damn. He's not God. :cry:
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:34 pm

XD Aww man. See, I love Cartman BECAUSE he's so f*cking horrible. He gets away with things I only wish I could, and often times, brings light to the not-so-nice oppinions I have on a lot of things. I love the fact that such a main character of something is an emotionally disturbed sociopath. Who even manages to be RIGHT a lot of the time.

Of course, I'd probably dislike him if he were real. He goes a little bit farther than is really nessicary, and deep down, I'm a vegetarian-chili eating, nag-champa-stinking hippie.

But, at the end of the day, he's not real, and I can continue to feel liberated by the fact that I can totally relate to a lot of what he does a good deal of the time.

[And if that makes me a horrible person, then so f*cking be it. ;D We are who we are.]
JavaWarrior

Postby JavaWarrior » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:37 pm

Cartman is awesome because he's so evil. If he was a real person i'd hate him a lot, but he's not. He's just a really funny cartoon character.
Thanks for the sig MixStan!!
Click here
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN

Postby MLZS__DA_SP_FAN » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:11 pm

Cartman is the best/funniest character in South Park, and me calling him god is because he is god, to.. Just like Cartman prays to Mel Gibson I think we should all worship Cartman, as the most awesome charater on TV ever!!! Hehe.. :cartmanoooh:
Spielautomaten kostenlos spielen durch meine Homepage!

DieAchse: Hier finden Sie Alles über Roulette online.

Ein Einarmiger Bandit macht immer spaß!
Hier gibt asSpielautomaten Spiele online!
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:54 pm

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:Not all the way...there is still one left.

Anyways I don't get why you guys like him. Sure he's funny, but that doesn't change the fact that he's compleatly racist or greedy. If you meet a person like him you wouldn't like him at all. All fat eatting all the time. Does the racist jokes pay off for what he does or did?

Don't forget that Cartman haters are just as much Cartman fans as the Cartman lovers. Sure he represents everything that is wrong with American society, and as a character he serves as a dumping ground for all the negative traits that didn't get used in other characters, but half of the fun is watching him get his comeuppance. Some of my favorite Cartman moments are when he gets what he deserves at the end of the episode.

We still need an episode where he gets thrashed by an evil snowman...
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:17 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:Don't forget that Cartman haters are just as much Cartman fans as the Cartman lovers. Sure he represents everything that is wrong with American society, and as a character he serves as a dumping ground for all the negative traits that didn't get used in other characters, but half of the fun is watching him get his comeuppance. Some of my favorite Cartman moments are when he gets what he deserves at the end of the episode.

I agree with you mostly. Remember, he is still politically correct. Almost all of the Cartman haters still think Cartman is funny. There's one (there may be more that I don't know about) that isn't a Cartman fan at all. That would be Shane. He thinks the character didn't take much talent to come up with, and doesn't think he's funny.
Kyle the Skeptic wrote:We still need an episode where he gets thrashed by an evil snowman...

:lol: :lol:
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:54 am

MLZS__DA_SP_FAN wrote:^ Si senior!
Cartman is god!!

MLZS__DA_SP_FAN wrote:^Cartman is the best/funniest character in South Park, and me calling him god is because he is god, to.. Just like Cartman prays to Mel Gibson I think we should all worship Cartman, as the most awesome charater on TV ever!!! Hehe..

Pray to Asschins McButtslop and he shall bless you with the opportunity to lick his underwear clean. And remember to worship at the grease trap of your choice.

Hello, Oneirogenic! :lol:
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:59 am

Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:
MLZS__DA_SP_FAN wrote:^ Si senior!
Cartman is god!!

MLZS__DA_SP_FAN wrote:^Cartman is the best/funniest character in South Park, and me calling him god is because he is god, to.. Just like Cartman prays to Mel Gibson I think we should all worship Cartman, as the most awesome charater on TV ever!!! Hehe..

Pray to Asschins McButtslop and he shall bless you with the opportunity to lick his underwear clean. And remember to worship at the grease trap of your choice.

Hello, Oneirogenic! :lol:

:D Damn. He's here....again. Where were you in your absence?

I've told him not to worship Cartman. He might get too encouraged. :D
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:08 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:Don't forget that Cartman haters are just as much Cartman fans as the Cartman lovers.
I resent that. He's sometimes funny but its harder to laught at his jokes. And Shane is right...it's too easy for them making up a character thats mean and bashes everyone...
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:29 pm

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:
Kyle the Skeptic wrote:Don't forget that Cartman haters are just as much Cartman fans as the Cartman lovers.
I resent that. He's sometimes funny but its harder to laught at his jokes. And Shane is right...it's too easy for them making up a character thats mean and bashes everyone...

Stan is an easy character to make, and so is Kyle. They're just normal kids. Kyle is just Jewish. Cartman's character isn't quite as easy to write for as it is to make up. Cartman is a manipulative assh*le. It's must be hard to come up with some of his schemes. For example, the Scott Tenorman plan is a very elaborate plan. Some of the material is easy to write, but most of it is hard.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:46 pm

What I mean is that I hate him too, keeping in mind the fact that Cartman was designed to be hated. If you come off hating him after seeing something he's gotten away with, then he has served his purpose. In the end you are focusing your attention on him either way. For the record I also believe it's a little too easy to write major roles for him, at the very least because it means that the other boys get pushed into the background ('specially Kenny).

As far as animated villains go, my favorite is still Hao Asakura from Shaman King.
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:34 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:What I mean is that I hate him too, keeping in mind the fact that Cartman was designed to be hated. If you come off hating him after seeing something he's gotten away with, then he has served his purpose. In the end you are focusing your attention on him either way. For the record I also believe it's a little too easy to write major roles for him, at the very least because it means that the other boys get pushed into the background ('specially Kenny).

If they hate him because of how bad of a character he is, then they really are not fans of him at all. Yes, Cartman was designed to be a hated character, but he was also designed to be funny. South Park is a comical cartoon. If you don't think one of the characters is funny, then you aren't really a fan of his at all.
Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:03 am

I can tell you right f*cking NOW, that maybe one fanfiction writer I have ever encountered has been able to recreate Cartman's personality or sense of humor. There's such a specific way that he's written by Trey, and people just don't get how unique his bigoted sociopathic (and, according you most people, seemingly random and bland) style of being an assh*le [i:01560]is[/i:01560].

He's not just an avatar for blind hatred and disgusting habits. Of course, all of that black muck inside of all of us is a big part of his character. The kid is basically one big Jungian Shadow. I can't see how anyone can look at him and see a idiotic, completely-on-the-surface character.

I don't want to dig too deep (haha, I lie. I get off on picking things apart.) but I really think there's a lot of real psychology behind his character. Not just fart jokes and racial humor.
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:07 am

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:What I mean is that I hate him too, keeping in mind the fact that Cartman was designed to be hated. If you come off hating him after seeing something he's gotten away with, then he has served his purpose. In the end you are focusing your attention on him either way. For the record I also believe it's a little too easy to write major roles for him, at the very least because it means that the other boys get pushed into the background ('specially Kenny).

As far as animated villains go, my favorite is still Hao Asakura from Shaman King.

Designed to be hated or not he's my favorite character

Return to “Character Discussion”