The Official Cartman Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:57 pm

Chef also helped them out with their problems, and was, in general, a great assistance to each of the boys, food aside. Not to mention the fact that he was always there for them. He was really the only adult that they trusted, and Cartman still knew this. There's also the fact that Chef was generally a pretty good friend, and it hurts when you lose a friend that special. Stan, Kyle, and Kenny also had selfish purposes to get Chef back: they didn't want to lose a friend.
mammotha

Postby mammotha » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:45 am

:? yes well cartman is a gret guy :] i make a lot lough of him :D
without cartman south park will be poor movie :)
No :]
nutmeg218

Postby nutmeg218 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:23 pm

mammotha wrote:without cartman south park will be poor movie :)

I think you mean T.V show.

There's one character that always makes a series great, and without them, the show wouldn't have the same charm. Like in Simpsons, it's Homer, Family Guy it's Stewie, and in South Park it's Cartman.
I personally don't like Cartman that much, but I can't deny that he is the funniest person on the entire show (overall.). If he weren't there, all the jokes he would say wouldn't fit with the other character's personalities. Without most of those jokes, South Park would be an aveage animated show that only lasts to the maximum of 5 seasons before it gets boring.
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:15 pm

Jello_Biafra wrote:Why did Cartman want to help Chef from the Super Adventure Club? What gain does Cartman have? Just wondering.

Are ya serious? Chef was Cartman's friend. He had gone to him for help before, and the boys together always asked him for help. He missed him when he was gone in Chef Aid, too. Cartman cares about Chef just as much as the other boys. Even if you don't think Cartman has any feelings, you know he absolutely loves food. Cartman loved Chef's food, and he didn't want him to leave because he knew another lunch person wouldn't provide food that's as good as his.
Last edited by Rooster_Costume on Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:45 pm

cartman just liked chef for food. i remember in one epiosde it seemed like he was crying. i dont remember but i think he said "no more salsibarry steak and pecon pie ". and started crying. i think that was in chef aid or something.
MCkormick2

Postby MCkormick2 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:01 pm

Well, there were some very interesting responses in this thread. I guess Cartman was sad aboot Chef leaving, but his reasons were probably selfish; maybe not just food, but also friendship. But, even if I have no proof, I guess Cartman just wanted the old Chef back, while Stan, Kyle and Kenny wanted to see Chef free from his brainwashed self.

I knew Scott didn't steal fifty bucks from Cartman, I just didn't remember how much it was, and I just remembered dealing with money in my childhood. I don't think humiliating Scott like he did is any worse then trying to kill or hurt him in a rage attack. It just seems worse because, most of us, after a while, think things throught and decide that murder is not the solution. Maybe this means Cartman has more anger then anyone. Much like his personal idol, Hitler.
This is not a sig.
Jello_Biafra

Postby Jello_Biafra » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:40 am

Rooster_Costume wrote:
Jello_Biafra wrote:Why did Cartman want to help Chef from the Super Adventure Club? What gain does Cartman have? Just wondering.

Are ya serious? Chef was Cartman's friend. He had gone to him for help before, and the boys together always asked him for help. He missed him when he was gone in Chef Aid, too. Cartman cares about Chef just as much as the other boys. Even if you don't think Cartman has any feelings, you know he absolutely loves food. Cartman loved Chef's food, and he didn't want him to leave because he knew another lunch person wouldn't provide food that's as good as his.

Why I ask that question is because the debate was about how Cartman only thinks of himself and anything he does, whether is positive or negative is only for his selfish need. Cartman uses his friends, if he has any really when you think abut it, and that's why I asked why Cartman helped Chef if he only goes after personal gain.
"Six words Lisa, 'I'm not gay, but I'll learn.'" Homer Simpson

"How do you speak my language?" Adam West

"This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." Randall; Clerks
Butters_The_Rapist

Postby Butters_The_Rapist » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:38 pm

Wilki wrote:The French phrase Cartman says during his Hitler speech is "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, Clyde?" which means "Do you want to sleep with me, Clyde?", a line from the song, Lady Marmalade.

Now I know we can't trust Wilki, so can anyone confirm this? I know it would make a certain minori-sorry-majority of fangirls extremely excited. *damn my lack of French skillz*

I used a bot translator and got this answer:
"Do you want to put to bed with me, Clyde"
Uncle Alex wrote:Butters_The_Rapist
Butters is lesbian? Dude, what a weird, twisted imagination you have! :roll: :)
jawmht

Postby jawmht » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:45 pm

A literal translation would produce "Do you want to put to bed with me, Clyde", but when taken in context will mean "Do you want to sleep with me, Clyde". So you are both correct
∞◄♫‼░☺♥♦ ¿Jawmht? ♣♣☺ ░‼♪►∞
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:03 pm

jawmht wrote:A literal translation would produce "Do you want to put to bed with me, Clyde", but when taken in context will mean "Do you want to sleep with me, Clyde". So you are both correct

It certainly explains why he screamed, "Feeehlm meh, Clahhde" in DoEC. :lol:
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:41 am

Butters_The_Rapist wrote:
Wilki wrote:The French phrase Cartman says during his Hitler speech is "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, Clyde?" which means "Do you want to sleep with me, Clyde?", a line from the song, Lady Marmalade.

Now I know we can't trust Wilki, so can anyone confirm this? I know it would make a certain minori-sorry-majority of fangirls extremely excited. *damn my lack of French skillz*

I used a bot translator and got this answer:
"Do you want to put to bed with me, Clyde"

It doesn't help to prove your opinion when your name is Butters The Rapist.

Anyways as for Cartman wanting to help Chef, Chef was his friend. Just because someone has a friend doesn't mean they''re not a sadistic assh*le. Hitler had friends, Bin Laden has friends and they're sadistic assh*les.
Butters_The_Rapist

Postby Butters_The_Rapist » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:51 am

Cartman_91 wrote:
It doesn't help to prove your opinion when your name is Butters The Rapist.

What exactly was my opinion? That I can't trust Wilki... erm well I guess my screen name does forefeit that... *nods*

On topic: Is Cartman always speaking French when he does Nazi imitations? Or is this new? I can't speek French or German so I wouldn't have a clue.
Uncle Alex wrote:Butters_The_Rapist
Butters is lesbian? Dude, what a weird, twisted imagination you have! :roll: :)
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:56 am

According to Big-Will's site spscriptorium.com

In Passion of The Jew this is what Cartman is saying

Speaker German English
Cartman Töten sie die Juden. Wir können nicht stillstehen bis sie alle tot sind. ° Kill the Jews. We cannot stand still untill they are all dead.
Cartman Achtung! Attention!
Cartman Mein Führer My Leader
Cartman Es ist Zeit für Säuberung It's time for the Cleansing
Call Es ist Zeit für Rache! It's time for revenge!
Response Wir müssen die Juden ausrotten We must exterminate the Jews.

Sounds like Hitler Jr. to me.
professor_butters1

Postby professor_butters1 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:53 pm

jawmht wrote:A literal translation would produce "Do you want to put to bed with me, Clyde", but when taken in context will mean "Do you want to sleep with me, Clyde". So you are both correct

You wouldn't have to know any French to know that. In fact, it's the one phrase a lot of people knew back in the seventies, when a song called "Voulez-Vouz Couchez Avec Moi--Ce Soir" was really popular. I know I'm dating myself here, but I remember kids running around singing it.

It's the kind of "hot disco number" I always imagine Cartman's Mom having in her collection.

~~Professor Butters
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:11 am

mammotha wrote: yes well cartman is a gret guy

And your Teacher did a gret job teaching you English.

Cartman seems to get the lead in most episodes and it appears that he will get the lead in The Mystery of The Urinal Deuce. Seeing the clip of Cartman talking then Kyle saying Jesus Christ, it seems Cartman is trying to prove Kyle wrong which always results in a laugh.

Return to “Character Discussion”