The Official Cartman Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:56 pm

Sooo... Thoughts on when Cartman went to Kyle's backyard to get him and encourage him to help him out in MTBAB? I mean, Cartman already had a crew put together - why would he want Kyle to join him? What use would Kyle have been to him? He already had an assistant, a driver, a bitch - no real need for a Jew, really. That's the one part of the episode I really feel is worth discussion Cartman's cahracter, since it's pretty obvious how he gets when he gets power. But he had no real good reason to go out of his way to get Kyle and be staying with him and the two of them working together, he could've just easily gone off and done it on his own... so why'd he do it?
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:05 pm

The only real explination is that Cartman must have been feeling sympathy for Kyle. Yes, I never thought I'd be able to say that, but really, what other reason would Cartman want Kyle to join him? I mean, he could tell that Kyle was obviously quite upset over losing his brother, and it seemed Cartman wanted to show Kyle that there was still hope, and he was generous to offer Kyle the opportunity to assist him.
clenskiddlehopper

Postby clenskiddlehopper » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:52 am

I hadn't really thought about it. If you ask me the secound he became the hall monitor he put on that whole 'The Dawg' persona. Ith ink it was more of 'the dawg' that went to kyle then cartman.
satans angel

Postby satans angel » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:36 pm

cartman is f-ing awsome

stan kyle and kenny keep trusting him havent they learnt that cartman is a selfish little basterd I mean c'mon he tryed to kill his mom in tsst :twisted:
satans angel

Postby satans angel » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:43 pm

hey iceiwynd I think cartman done that so he could call kyle a jew on his video and it was kyles brother involed so kyle knows how ikes mind works and kyle did talk ike out of jumping of the building.DUH :!:
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:07 pm

Don't double post.

Cartman doesn't give a rat's ass about Ike, he just wanted to get Miss Stevenson. He wouldn't care if Ike jumped or not, besides, nobody knew they would end up on the roof top.
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:18 am

satans angel wrote:stan kyle and kenny keep trusting him havent they learnt that cartman is a selfish little basterd

Have you seen "Something Wall-Mart this way comes?"

EDIT: Or Fat-Butt and Pancake head for that matter.
jawmht

Postby jawmht » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:12 am

Did Cartman seem... wider, to anyone else?
∞◄♫‼░☺♥♦ ¿Jawmht? ♣♣☺ ░‼♪►∞
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:58 am

jawmht wrote:Did Cartman seem... wider, to anyone else?

It was that tight baby tee Fatass was wearing. I'd say more, but...
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:09 am

So what do you all think about Cartman's role in this episode and what you think might happen next week? I mean, based on what we know now, Cartman is gone to everyone in South Park. Although I hate to assume things about South Park, I think it can be assumed that things will be set straight next week and the town will get their selfish little fatass back. Unless, like I said in a different post, the whole thing is a dream and they move onto a whole different, irrelevant topic next week...just a thought...
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:48 am

^It was probally just Cartman's dream.....

EDIT: Do you know: Cartman is so fat....How fat is he?

well he's so fat that when they sit him down to class they have to take some width off of him.
Last edited by Kelly MacCornmac on Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:49 pm

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:EDIT: Do you know: Cartman is so fat....How fat is he?

well he's so fat that when they sit him down to class they have to take some width off of him.

I know I started a "Fatass is so fat" thread a year ago, where we kept these jokes, but I can't find it.
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:11 pm

That's a good question Iciwynd but in my opinion Cartman thought it would help his chances out with catching Mrs. Stevenson. Cartman didn't give a sh*t if Ike or Mrs. Stevenson died, just aslong as they got punished (and yes dying is a pretty big punishment) Also it was also for a joke in the epsidoe as he was introduced as Jew in cartman's gang in the msuic video.
AlieE

Postby AlieE » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:48 pm

cartman8213 wrote:Agreed. There's no way he's done anything just for someone else. He would never help anyone without expecting something in return. He was mourning over Kenny because he was losing one of his friends and someone to rip on. He saved Kyle for himself. He's never done anything completely for anyone else. He said sorry to everyone to find the passage to heaven. He was gonna "Mehke, mehke it reiiight" for himself.

He one time helped Shelly (stan's sis) !!
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:25 pm

Helping Shelly involved getting back at Skylar, and Skylar had hurt him, too, so... Yeah.

However, at the end they still did continue to help each other out, so... I dunno, actually. There was a huge argument over Cartman's role in Kenny Dies back in the old thread, and I still say that the episode does help prove that he's capable of being compassionate, so... Maybe he helped Shelly 'cause they have similar personalities? o_O Hmm.

And still on Miss Teacher - I know it was a joke in his video to have Kyle listed as "Jew", C91, but that's hardly enough reason for Cartman to get Kyle to come along with him. For one little joke like that that Cartman does all the time? I... don't really think so. Considering how much the two hate each other I still find it confusing that when Kyle was sitting in his own backyard, depressed over it all, Cartman was the one who took the initiative of coming over himself and snapping Kyle out of it. No way he did that just for a Jew joke in a video. 'cause snapping Kyle out of it committed the two to get to working together.

It really doesn't seem much like Cartman and Kyle teamed up in this episode, but unless you know the series pretty well, then you know that they despise each other, which leads to the confusion of the scene I just mentioned above. I still really don't know why Cartman would willingly do that.

Return to “Character Discussion”