The Official Cartman Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:41 pm

Honestly I believe he would have been the same ol' Eric Cartman, with or without a dad, depending on his father's character. If his dad was a lil' pussy or the type that didn't give two sh*ts about his family then Cartman would of just had control over 2 parents instead of 1. And as far as his sister goes, that would of just been an Eric/Butters relationship without the comedy and humor. M&T made a good decision to just keep the mom in rotation. She's such a whore...
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:32 pm

It would suck if he had a family... lol I notice that his dad is a dirty old man. XD That must be his mom!

And his sister... if she was older than him I'd say it would be a shelly/cartman kind of relationship, but she's younger than him... hrm... I dont think it would be Butters all over again actually. Remember in A Charlie Mansion Christmas that his entire family is like him. He'd probably hit her around like he did his little cousin but she'd probably be a pretty tough little devil herself. I'd actually like to see that.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:37 pm

^ Speaking of his lil' cousin, it would be "sweet" to have him back for a couple more episodes because I thought he was amusing and he would be a great addition permanently. Maybe even have the family come live with them for a lil' while wouldn't be such a bad idea for the show either, being that we haven't seen them since season 2 and a snippet of the 5th season. But back to your response, now that I think of it, Eric having a little sister wouldn't have been a horrible decision but if it would have existed, would Cartman be as selfish, spoiled and annoying as he turned out to be? Because she's the younger sibbling, she would have received more attention from Liane than Eric quite frankly. Right now it's very obvious to think of her being as silent as the other boys' sibblings or even having a meaningful existence because of Cartman's character. For example, Stan and Shelly aren't close what so ever and she's rarely even used anymore for whatever purpose. Kyle and Ike are pretty close but there isn't really a good enough reason to use Ike alot because of the age difference and his unecessary yet random dialect. Kenny and his older brother...well (?) my point exactly. What I am saying is if the other sibblings are basically background characters then Cartman's so-called little sister wouldn't have a reason to be on the show because Eric's character and popularity demands attention and he even sometimes fade out the other boys roles with his hilarious antics. His little sister would probably be in Kenny's brother shoes for that matter. I'm not quite sure how M&T would have been able to work a little sister into the SP schedule but it would of been interesting to find out.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:09 am

Does anybody have the exact birth dates for all four boys? I'd love to see that, it would be useful for discussions. Also, I doubt Cartman will ever get a girlfriend, unless he shapes up like his future self was in "Future Self 'n Me". Wait... what about Shelley? When they both get a bit older, I think it would be funny and awesome to see those two together. I think there was a fic that mentioned that once... but I seem to recall Shelley being dead the whole time.

Now, the family itself is just extremely funny to me. If it existed, of course, we would never have seen the wonderful "Dirty Slut" episode arc, or "Tsst", or good parts in most of the earlier episodes, or "Cat Orgy", "Charlie Manson"(?), etc. However, it is possible that his dad would have acted exactly like the rest of the Cartman family, and his mom wouldn't (after all, she wouldn't be related to them in that case). For his little sister, she could possibly be Cartman's exact opposite, maybe acting like Ms. Cartman...? It would be funny to see what would have happened. Oh yes, and Eric would be a whole lot less emotionally screwed up, however he could still be a brat.

Didn't Kenny have a little sister at one point? Some people have mentioned how Mrs. McCormick was once seen holding a little-red haired baby girl, which never came back into the show. What was that about?

And in "Merry Christmas Charlie Manson", when the family is introduced, we never actually see who Cousin Alexandra is. However, at the end of the episode, when they are all singing, there is a teenage-looking girl with them... is this her?

And Elvin was awesome. I can't believe they haven't brought him back into the show.
-----
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:41 am

Wow, enough said sir! I agree with everything you have said and I respect your answers and opinions but most of all, I thank you for responding on this discussion because it's been dead for a very long time now. And also, to answer your first question, go to wikipedia.com to find out the boys' birthdays, I think they might be on there...and also, BRING BACK COUSIN ELVIN!

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S FELLOW SP FANS!!
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:24 am

^Thanks. Also thanks for respecting my opinions (that's something new from people, heheh jk) and np for posting, that's what I do.

Yeah bring back Cousin Elvin!

And Happy 2007! I'm going to start saying "twenty-o-seven" instead of "two thousand seven", I don't see why we stopped doing that anyways. Happy New Year!
-----
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:50 am

Aimsireil wrote:Does anybody have the exact birth dates for all four boys?

This is the best to my knowledge, and I THIINK it's right, but it might not be. (Never use Wikipedia for character information, though. There are a lot of fantards who enjoy confusing fanon for canon.)

Stan and Kyle, as expected, share Trey and Matt's birthdays: October 19th and May 26th, respectively. Cartman's is July 1st (Canada Day!), and Kenny's is March 22nd (that's... um... one of my dog's birthdays :B).
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:59 am

That's great, thanks! I'm only wondering if Stan's birthday is the year before the rest, which would make him older, or what. Yeah, which birthday comes first? Do you know? I think earlier Big_Will said that Kenny was the smallest... but anyways, just let me know if you know.

And yes, the Wiki is all screwy. Like at the Goth Kids article... where the heck did they get those names from?
-----
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:43 pm

I'm pretty sure that Stan is the oldest of the four. Therefore, the order from oldest to youngest is:

Stan (October 19th)
Kenny (March 22nd)
Kyle (May 26th)
Cartman (July 1st)

So, if that order is correct, then Cartman is the youngest out of all of them.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:36 pm

Ow that red type burned out my eyes! Aaah oh ooh ow.

Earlier Big-Will said Kenny was the smallest, so if we're going by what he said, it would look like this:

Kyle (May 26th)
Cartman (July 1st)
Stan (October 19th)
Kenny (March 22nd)

However, the episodes "Damien" and "Casa Bonita" sort of screw this up... hm.

Edit: If Kenny was that much younger, then how would he be in the same grade as the rest of them...? Now I think Kenny is the oldest. This is confusing.
-----
PrickCartmanPrick

Postby PrickCartmanPrick » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:09 pm

haha screw you guyz i'm going home
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:37 am

Well, to the best of my knowledge, the way you start school down there is so that the cut off is at September. So for them all to be in the same grade, Stan would be oldest and Cartman youngest.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:23 am

Where I'm from, the cutoff is towards the end of December... oh yeah, that reminds me of a funny story... I know this family, and in it there are 2 girls who're cousins... I think they were really great friends... one of them was born at the end of December, the other was born in early January. Or like they were just off at the cutoff. So heheh. I'm not sure what ended up happening.

I think the cutoff might be in the middle of Dec, actually, but I'm not sure.
-----
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:30 am

It's different from place to place - here the cut off is February. ... And then sometimes it isn't. Actually, come to think of it, here the cut off is COMPLETELY messed up. But I'm just assuming that it's also September down there as well.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:00 pm

Well, I just guess we'll never know. It's too bad, actually, if I knew which one of them was oldest I could work it into a fic.
-----

Return to “Character Discussion”