The Official Cartman Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:44 pm

Meh, take it any way you want to for fic writing. I just assume Stan's the oldest there, and Cartman youngest. Actually, it kinda makes sense that Stan be the oldest, since he's more the leader, and you know, when you're younger, kids like to brag about who's older. And then Cartman's the youngest, even if by only a few months, so he does act more juvenile, I guess. Age is usually a bigger deal to kids than represented in the show, so I guess there's only a few references to it in their personalities if you really, really look.
Cartmin23101

Re: The Second Official Cartman Discussion Thread

Postby Cartmin23101 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:44 pm

Cartmin roxs... he's so kool and awsome.
South Park Roxs
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:29 am

*Whips out his spammer spray*
*sprays it all over Cartmin23101*
*takes out another canister and sprays it in Cartmin23101's eyes* (is what I just did against the rules? I checked and I can't find anything about it)

Iceiwynd, you're probably right, the ages where Stan is the oldest and Kenny is the youngest fit the personalities well (Stan is the leader; Kyle is second-in-command; Cartman is pissed because he's too young to have any authority, and therefore fights his superior, Kyle, a lot; Kenny is much younger, and therefore he tries to appear "cool" by making sick jokes). I probably didn't go into depth there, but you get what I mean.
-----
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:30 pm

Kenny's actually second oldest (which could fit with him being more "mature"), and Cartman youngest, but yeah, what you said does make sense for the most part.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:16 pm

^... Um... I'm not sure what I was thinking there, now I need a new analogy:

...ah, I can't do this right now.
-----
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:07 pm

You're all wrong!

Their birthdays are on the same day. >:C
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:07 am

Blah Infusions you can't trust Wikipedia! "8 until the episode 'Fourth Grade'" Has no solid basis!
-----
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:34 am

Aimsireil wrote:Blah Infusions you can't trust Wikipedia! "8 until the episode 'Fourth Grade'" Has no solid basis!

DON'T ARGUE WITH WIKIPEDIA. GFJKGDFG
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:57 am

You watch yourself, or I'll spray you with my spammer spray, Infusions!

Anyways, new topic: How did the beginning of Season 5 affect Cartman's character? I personally think that season 5 was where his personality began to spoil.
-----
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:37 am

^Some of you may disagree with my response to that question but here goes...I honestly think Cartman matured alot after season 5 (I know, I know, it may sound crazy but hey). Okay, think about it...he's nowhere near as spoiled and bitchy as he once was and I think he even accepted his weight because he seem to not get pissed off at Kyle's fat remarks like he use to. Don't get me wrong, he's still an arrogant, selfish & rude assh*le because that's in his nature but compared to the old days, he came a VERY, VERY long way. Also, he seem to be the cause or shall I say the mastermind behind alot of the success SP has had recently and was rewarded most of the time with leadership over the other kids. 6-10 years ago, he was just the lil' fat, annoying kid that followed Stan and Kyle around and was never even considered acceptable to earn a leadership role. If you guys don't agree with those terms then I suggest you buy the season 1-8 SP DVDs and observe his growth.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:43 am

^I know he began to mature. That's what ruined him; I think the old Cartman was better.
-----
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:12 am

Well Aim I'm sorry but I'ma have to disagree with you there buddy. Cartman's new personality consists of alot of creativity now and it attracts more viewers to watch the show because they want to see what dumbass ideas he has up his sleeves. Also, the most popular character of any sitcom/show never stay the same forever because if they did, we would always know what to expect from that character and that would lead to a Kenny dilemma. So therefore, "change" is good and I like the new Eric Cartman. Now it's the new Garrison I still can't get use to yet!
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:20 am

What? Cartman's new personality doesn't attract new viewers, all it's doing is driving them off! All Cartman does these days are

1. Argue with Kyle, or do something to make Kyle feel bad; never with Stan

2. Be racist or sexist or in some way intolerant;

3. Make brilliant plans that are stupid

and 4. Have almost everything turn out the way he wants it to

not to mention

5. Starring in half the episodes

And you're saying that we don't always know what to expect from the character now that he's changed? That's wrong, I bet you could show me a preview to any upcoming episode, and I could guess exactly what Cartman does, or near enough. I mean, Cartman used to have depth and personality underneath it all, but he has now been morphed into a soulless, predictable character.

Oh yeah, and why isn't there an Official Mr. Garrison Discussion Thread? Or for that matter, an Official Chef Discussion Thread? Those guys are much more popular than Pip or Tweek.
-----
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:26 am

Damn...why look at the show or be on the show's website chats if the show is mostly starring a character that annoys you and drives viewers away? Think about it...
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:04 am

Ok, because you only want to talk to people who agree with you, I'll just leave the site. Happy?

And the show hasn't always starred Cartman. If the show had only been season 10, I never would have even watched it.

I LOVED the original seasons. So forget you.
-----

Return to “Character Discussion”