The Official Cartman Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:19 pm

But Nelson was just a background character. He had a one-time chance on the show. He was not seen before Stanley's Cup, he will not be seen after, and he will not be referenced to. He was a one-time character for one episode. If you want little children dying, it's not like he was Ike, who actually is a prominent character. No. It was just some stupid random little kid.

And when it comes to feeling pain, I'm sure getting shot a bunch of times, or run over by a truck, or something, is quite painful, too.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:42 am

You're absolutely right, however throughout the episode itself Nelson had major character developement. Also, he was like 5 years old. Everybody gets upset when a 5-year-old dies.

Um... of course it is painful. I'm not sure why you would think otherwise. If you're talking about how I described cancer pain, I never said that other stuff wasn't just as painful.
-----
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:37 pm

My point is that you're undermining pretty much every other character death on the show all for one little kid with cancer. I don't really get upset when a five-year-old one-time cartoon character dies myself. I'm not really sure why you even would. Age shouldn't have a hell of a lot to do with death; it should be sad either way, and I don't think that just because it was a younger life makes it sadder than an older character's death.

What about Chef, huh? That death was brutal - MUCH more so than just passing on a hospital bed - and that was a character known for ten years. But I've seen more fuss over Nelson than over freaking Chef.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:41 am

^ What you are saying is ridiculous. I did not undermine anything, I simply said that Ms. Stephenson was a bitch who got what was coming to her.

We've been talking about Chef in several other threads. Pay attention. The fuss over Chef's death has been roughly ten times as big as the fuss over Nelson's death.
-----
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:52 pm

Really? There have been more deaths on the show than Nelson, Stevenson, whoever's. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I do recall you (though it might've been somebody else, so correct me if I'm wrong. Actually, a lot of people have said it at other times, too) saying that it was Nelson's death that was the one that went over the line, and absolutely none of the other ones at all. A death is a death. That's it. Each one is not any more special than the other. And that is how you are undermining other hcaracters' deaths. By harping and focusing on NelsonNelsonNelson, and by saying that that's the one that went too far. That's the one. That kind of attitude gives me the impression that "nobody else matters".

Also, are they about Chef, or Hayes? If I'm remembering right, the initial reaction for The Return of Chef was, yeah, Chef's death was kinda depressing, blahblahblah... And then it went on to discussions about Hayes. The ones today are still mostly about Hayes. I don't remember having seeing anything about the actual character, just the voice actor who played him. Any mentions of the character have been pretty short and not nearly as in depth as the situation outside of the episode. So what I'm getting from all this is that Chef is inferior to Nelson.
Fat Albert

Postby Fat Albert » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:59 pm

I think Cartman is just a over weight ass :D Hes a racist,
but that makes it funny. I think there would be no south park without Eric.
/Users/andy/Desktop/Shin Chan Funnys/assDance_shin_100.gif
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:01 pm

^ I found our peace-maker! :D
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
Awesomo!!!

Postby Awesomo!!! » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:19 pm

Are you joking? Cartman is the best, he tricked butters into hiding in a bomb shelter for 3 days! And you can't forget the AWESOMO trick
horice

Postby horice » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:35 am

watevah
nonuggets

Postby nonuggets » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:47 am

i'm getting sick of episodes centered around cartman...he's an easy write, shock and awe. i didn't really think the midget fight was that funny, nothing new...cartman's racism is old, i'm sure we'll see something new tho
Faithbound

Postby Faithbound » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:47 am

Cartman sucked Butter's weiner.. PWNED Wow, now we know why he is so mean to Butters. He is mad he cant lick his butthole.
ninka360

Postby ninka360 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:26 pm

If i could date a south park character it would be cartman because i can relate to him about being fat.
Jennifer Elizabeth McCoy
ninka360

Postby ninka360 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:28 pm

[quote="nonuggets"]i'm getting sick of episodes centered around cartman...he's an easy write, shock and awe. i didn't really think the midget fight was that funny, nothing new...cartman's racism is old, i'm sure we'll see something new tho[/quote][color=violet][/color]I think you just cant relate to him.I think he is awesome beacause he represents the overweight people.
Jennifer Elizabeth McCoy
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:12 pm

... He does not represent overweight people - that's an insane idea right there. Not all fatties are sociopathic dumbasses. o__O I don't even get where you... God, damn. The kid shouldn't represent anybody. That's why he works as a character. His behaviours are so outrageous and entertaining to watch because he's FICTIONAL. You got a guy like that in real life, he'd get his ass kicked so bad. He doesn't represent anybody, nor should he.
Kick Ass!

Postby Kick Ass! » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:17 am

Cartman is the best, he's the Breakout Character. He is arguably the most well known South Park character.
Cartman would kill Kyle if they got into a SERIOUS fight, not like the one in Cartoon Wars...

Return to “Character Discussion”