The Official Cartman Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

iloveyouguys

Re: The Official Cartman Discussion Thread

Postby iloveyouguys » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:44 am

South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut

aka the best movie ever.
This is my signature. I made it small so anyone who tries to read it has to copy and paste the text somewhere else only to find that it isn't interesting at all. Congratulations. Also, fuckshitcockassbitchtitspenisfagskankwhorecuntpoop.
nbabechenko

Postby nbabechenko » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:07 am

Oh ok. Also, I would say the best Musical ever, since I hate all musicals eccept this one, and I really like the godfather, the sixth sence, and Saving Private Ryan. I did watch BLU like 19 times before I watched anything else when I first got it. I LOVE BIGGER, LONGER, UNCUT!!!
nbabechenko

Postby nbabechenko » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:18 am

For the record, I know that I'm double posting and I apologize in advance.

There is a Thread on this Forum called "Cartman is not the same:(" the creator of this thread makes a point that claims that Cartman isn't as shocking as he was in previous seasons. I found this topic interesting and so I posted my two cents, which are as follows (the reason I use the word risque' in quotation marks is because of a previous post on the thread):

"I don't think it's a matter of Cartman being less "RISQUE'", I think it is the change in society of what is considered "risque'" now versus previous seasons.

For example: In the DVD commentary of "South Park is Gay" (7th season), Matt and Trey talked about how when "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat ride" (1st season) came out, most people thought it was a huge deal that they had this completely open gay guy. Now look what we have today- "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy", "Will and Grace", and Mr. Slave.

I don't think Cartman has really changed that much. I think that South Park has sort of "desensitized" its audience by saying and doing things that are so taboo, that anything else said wouldn't be considered nearly as extreme.

Think about it............... it may have been a big deal for Cartman to call Kyle a f*cking Jew in earlier seasons, but now its become sort of mundane and expected. Personally I don't see how you could be more extreme toward the jews than when Cartman said Kike on the Torrets Syndrome episode (Season 11).

In conclusion, Cartman is the same (if not even more bad-ass) as he once was. It is society's view of the taboo that has changed in the years since South Park was created.

So the question remains, how do Matt and Trey make Cartman more shocking in a world that isn't as shocked as it once was 12 or 13 seasons ago?"

If anyone wants to write a short research paper about South Park and Cartman, all you have to do is stretch this into 3 pages. :lol:
iloveyouguys

Postby iloveyouguys » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:36 am

THANK YOU. there are many people who say things about Cartman changing and I say fuck 'em. I have a lot to say about this topic but I will not post excessively right now, because you summed it up pretty well right there. Cartman still has the same personality traits that made him who he is today and whatnot...
This is my signature. I made it small so anyone who tries to read it has to copy and paste the text somewhere else only to find that it isn't interesting at all. Congratulations. Also, fuckshitcockassbitchtitspenisfagskankwhorecuntpoop.

Postby 203177 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:36 pm

it was funny to see him fake tourettes
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
nbabechenko

Postby nbabechenko » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:45 pm

203177 wrote:it was funny to see him fake tourettes

And since it was supposed to be torretts syndrome, on television they didn't bleep out any of the words he said while he was acting like he had torretts. At least that is what I heard.
iloveyouguys

Postby iloveyouguys » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:26 am

they only left shit uncensored.
nbabechenko

Postby nbabechenko » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:47 am

Damn, got bad information.
iloveyouguys

Postby iloveyouguys » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:49 am

eh...happens to the best of us. (or not)

still a hilarious episode. XD

Postby 203177 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:27 pm

i know. donkey boner!

iloveyouguys

Postby iloveyouguys » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:40 pm

yep! DUMB BITCH!
nbabechenko

Postby nbabechenko » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:45 am

I think "Goobacks" is another great episode. How about you guys?

"They took our jobs"....."der de der"
iloveyouguys

Postby iloveyouguys » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:15 am

It's a good episode. not my personal favorite, but it's still really good. yeah, the rednecks are funny!

DERK A DERRRRRRR

Postby 203177 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:00 am

yup and cartman a bleeding nose from kyle cause he must've wacked him with the shovel.

Edieee

Postby Edieee » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:55 am

Faith + 1 just went double mir.

Return to “Character Discussion”