Kenny Should Get His OWN Episode!

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:23 am

I don't mind if Stan, Kyle, Cartman, or someone else serves as a supporting character; I'd just like to see Kenny have a big role in an episode again.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:18 pm

I'm bumping this thread back up. I want to keep this topic alive.

I really would just like Kenny to say and do more. He doesn't have to get his own episode to make me happy. (Although I would love that a lot). He just has to contribute to the episode as much as Stan, Kyle, and Cartman do. He is, after all, one of the four main boys. He needs some development as a character. (I feel like I keep repeating myself over and over).

(OFF TOPIC: This is post #123 for me!!! what a noob :lol:)
colinmochrie

Postby colinmochrie » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:32 am

did you not remember the movie?
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:15 am

colinmochrie wrote:did you not remember the movie?

That was what, seven years ago? Kenny has had some major roles in the past, but none lately. And, although he had a good role, it wasn't primarily focused on Kenny, nor has any episode been primarily focused on Kenny. Which, by the way, is fine, not every character needs their own episode, but since Kenny rarely get's a sufficiant role at all these days, it'd be nice to see more of him.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:03 am

^It's not just Kenny... I totally wish the show would go back to the way it used to be! At least Kenny had some significant part...

But it's kind of pathetic when even some side characters get their own episodes, but none have been devoted to Kenny. I mean, come on!
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:33 pm

^Exactly.

....What else is there to say? Kenny should get his own episode. It doesn't mean he will though. We can all wait and hope he does...but in the end it's up to Matt and Trey.

The reason Kenny doesn't do anything anymore is because Matt and Trey feel that his only purpose on the show is to die. Once they stopped killing him, they ran out of things to do with him. They don't realize how many things they can do with Kenny to expand and develop his role on the show again.

Anyway, it would be awesome if Kenny got his own episode. I know that a lot of fans would like that. (Especially the Kenny fans.)

:D
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:22 pm

I'm not buying the "ran out of things to do with him" excuse on their part for one second. Why? Because it's not too hard to write something on what essentially amounts to a blank slate!

http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/bb ... hp?t=21637

(Actually I did build off his existing traits for that one.)
juggaloblaine

Postby juggaloblaine » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:41 pm

KTS is right they diden't run outta ideas they just got lazy with Kenny but they are inproving on his speaking a little but much more has to be done

Episode 1001 - The Return of Chef!

Stan is glad Chef is back in town, even if he is acting weird: "Yeah, me too."

Kyle suspects something is making Chef act weird: "Like what?"

Kenny suggests a course of action, beginning with "Yeah, I think..." The boys agree with him and get to work on it.

Chef seems to be his old self after coming on to Spantaneous Bootay: "Chef!"

Cartman tells Kenny to use his Spin Blossom Nut Squash on William, the man guarding Chef back at the Super Adventure Club: "Yeeeeehah!"

Episode 1003 - Cartoon Wars, Part I

Cartman wants to do something about Family Guy showing Mohammed on TV: "Like what?"

Episode 1006 - Manbearpig
Cartman wonders why they're going to visit Al Gore at the Komfort Inn: "Yeah, I don't get it."

Calling out with the others for help after the caves crumbles around them, sealing them in: "Hello!"

Kyle determines that no one can hear them: "What are we gonna do??"

Stan thinks there's another way out: "Oh, no kidding."

Kyle asks Kenny if he sees a way out: "No, nothing!"

Kyle concludes that they're completely sealed in: "Yes, I see that."

The boys have found a way out of the collapsed chamber they were in, so they must be closer to the outside world: "We're almost there!"

Episode 1007 - Tsst
Cartman wants to crash with Kenny for a while: "f*ck you."

taken from
http://www.spscriptorium.com/Kennysays.htm#DeathsNo
.....What......
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:47 pm

Yes, that is pathetic. ^ Half way through the season, all of his lines combined equals about the length of one or two of Cartman, Kyle, or Stan's lines.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:10 pm

That's just pathetic. It sucks that M&T are so lazy with other characters nowadays...
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:26 pm

Athena1999 wrote:That's just pathetic. It sucks that M&T are so lazy with other characters nowadays...

*Nods*

That's why I'm hoping during the second half of season 10 that Kenny will actually say more.

I sure did love when he did that Spin Blossom Nut Squash though.

XDDDD ^^
juggaloblaine

Postby juggaloblaine » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:19 pm

This thread will not die!
.....What......
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:19 pm

^Hehe.

Seriously though, why does it seem like Matt and Trey dislike Kenny as a main character so much? I heard somewhere that they were "tired of his character" and "sick of thinking of new ways to kill him".

I can understand that after 5 seasons of killing Kenny, the joke got pretty boring and tiresome for them. After officially killing him off in Kenny Dies, and then bringing him back in Red Sleigh Down, they've really been neglecting him.

And sure, he died in, what, 4 episodes since he returned? And he's had one episode where he played an important role and contributed a lot to the plot. Wow. :roll:

In the most recent episodes though, he actually did have a few lines in a couple of episodes. (The Return of Chef and Manbearpig, to be exact). He also did that awesome Spin Blossom Nut Squash, which proves that Matt and Trey can still come up with ideas for him that are really good.

On the other hand, he wasn't present at all in Smug Alert, and that really irked me. He still has yet to die in this season also. I'm hoping he'll die at least once in this season, and that the death somewhat contributes to the plot. I just want him to have bigger roles.
Georgia Athanaileas

kenny should get his own episode

Postby Georgia Athanaileas » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:48 am

yep.
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:13 am

DevilAngel16 wrote:
On the other hand, he wasn't present at all in Smug Alert, and that really irked me. He still has yet to die in this season also. I'm hoping he'll die at least once in this season, and that the death somewhat contributes to the plot. I just want him to have bigger roles.

Yes, the fact he wasn't in Smug Alert really pissed me off. I mean, that should have been Kenny who helped Cartman rescue Kyle, not Butters. The fact that Stan and, remarkably, Cartman made an effort to save Kyle's life, yet Kenny didn't even show up really shows how much Kenny's character is neglected.

Return to “Character Discussion”