The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Schantrac

The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby Schantrac » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:23 pm

Lets reactivate this thread again. Instead of just anyone posting here, you can only post if Stan really is your number 1 character, so as to avoid spam.

Moderator: Title Change
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:26 pm

Good idea.

Question for fans: Think honestly about this....what would happen if in the unlikely event that Cartman was Stan's brother? Discuss. :lol:
That's how it's down here on the farm!
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:49 pm

Hmmm, well one thing that would probably happen, would be Cartman sucking up to Shelley..So, she as his older half sister, wouldn't be kicking his ass all the time. He would probably also try to appear smarter than Stan..
Agaath95

Postby Agaath95 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:57 pm

^ He would probably suck up to his parents too, get in a lot of trouble and blame Stan for it.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:16 pm

So far, I agree. For a while there, cartman's evil side would not be exposed. This would greatly anger Stan, who, in a MFSNM way, attempt to expose cartman for who he is.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:25 pm

I’d really hate to rain on your parade, but wasn’t this army officially discontinued and archived?
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:27 pm

Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:I’d really hate to rain on your parade, but wasn’t this army officially discontinued and archived?

If that's true, then this will be deleted and the other one put back up. Until then, the members of the Society can speak here.
Kenny_the_Plumber

Postby Kenny_the_Plumber » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:02 am

alrigth then, enjoy it while it lasts :roll:
[url=hhttp://gammaworks.sytes.net/sigs/ktp_sig2.jpg[/img]hhttp://gammaworks.sytes.net/sigs/ktp_sig2.jpg[/img[/url]
vexille

Postby vexille » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:28 pm

I can't see Randy or Sharon putting up with Cartman's antics. If they're strict with Stan, surely Cartman wouldn't survive a week as a member of the Marsh family. He'd be a piece of fresh meat for Shelley as well.
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
Agaath95

Postby Agaath95 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:05 am

Cartman will probably act as a nice boy in front of Stan's parents, who then believe everything he says, but Shelley won't. At first she would enjoy seeing Stan getting in trouble for Cartman's behavior, but I'm sure she'll help Stan eventually.

Stan would try to prove to his parents what kind of person Cartman really is, but Randy and Sharon wouldn't believe him. They would probably say : "Now you watch you mouth Stanley! Cartman is a nice boy, and if you say anything bad about him again, you can just go to your room!" or something similar.
vexille

Postby vexille » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:04 pm

Sounds about right, although with success comes overconfidence. And knowing Cartman, his arrogance will get the better of him, and before long, mr and mrs Marsh will come to realize what and obscene little brat that he is.
vexille

Postby vexille » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:28 pm

Stan has had some starring roles recently. However they have featured some uneviable situations. Personally, I've always thought that bad publicity is better than no publicity. Not to mention the that Stan has, in the past, shown an uncanny ability to thrive under pressure. So what does anyone else think Stan's time in season 9/2?
coffeeguy9
Board Moderator

Postby coffeeguy9 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:44 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:
Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:I’d really hate to rain on your parade, but wasn’t this army officially discontinued and archived?

If that's true, then this will be deleted and the other one put back up. Until then, the members of the Society can speak here.

This thread was accidentally Archived due to inactivity. This of all armies has obeyed the rules and been the most mature of all of them to most people's suprise :)

If it goes well, the old thread might be un archived and merged with this one. But still, all of the STRICT monitoring will be on these threads.

Continue :D
Read the Rules and use common sense, please.
Naivok

Postby Naivok » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:52 pm

ooo can I join, stan is most certainly my fav char

oh and about the cartman and stan brothers thing. I bet Cartman would kill Grandpa. From Cat Orgy Cartman and Shelly have a little bond together so I think they might join forces to try and ruin Stan's life.

and I've enjoyed season nine 1/2 because it had a lot of Stan featured eps
Two Days...
Trapped in the Closet
Bloody Mary
Darth Chef: Hello there children, how would you like to suck on my chocolate salty balls.

SAC Leader: You mean like a chocolate candy?

Darth Chef: No, I mean my balls!!
Agaath95

Postby Agaath95 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:54 am

Go ahead and join! The more members the better! ( I have no authority here, but I don't think anyone minds if I let people join)
[quote="Vexille":753e6]Stan has had some starring roles recently. However they have featured some uneviable situations. Personally, I've always thought that bad publicity is better than no publicity. Not to mention the that Stan has, in the past, shown an uncanny ability to thrive under pressure. So what does anyone else think Stan's time in season 9/2?[/quote:753e6]
The first half of season 9 left me disappointed with the lack of decent roles for Stan. But the second half made up for that.He had starring roles in episode 908,912, 914 and also a pretty big role 910. Episode 912 and 914 were a bit disappointing, but that wasn't because of Stan.

I didn't notice anything that was out-of-character, which of course is a huge +.
Instead we saw that:
- Stan still is an animal lover. ("Oh god, I hope I didn't hurt any beavers")
- Stan and Kyle remain best friends (some episodes in season 8 made me doubt this)
- Stan stays down to earth when other people think he's special. (episode 912)
- Stan knows more about "disciprine" than his father.

I found this season mediocre compared to the previous seasons, but for Stan it has been a great season.

Return to “Character Discussion”