The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

OMG_They_Killed_Kenny(>

Postby OMG_They_Killed_Kenny(> » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:50 am

vexille wrote:I can't see Randy or Sharon putting up with Cartman's antics. If they're strict with Stan, surely Cartman wouldn't survive a week as a member of the Marsh family. He'd be a piece of fresh meat for Shelley as well.

Not true... remember when Shelly babysitted Cartman. Cartman and Shelly ended up getting along.
megan*w

Postby megan*w » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:29 pm

if cartman was stans bro he'd eat everything and stan , shelley and the parents would all starve to death. or maybe cartman would eat them before they had the chance to starve?
megan*w

Postby megan*w » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:53 pm

how is there way more replies for the kenny, kyle, cartman (nearly typed catman) topic things. stan kicks ass! he's the best
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:04 pm

They attract idiots. Well, at least the idiots talk- the smart people never seem to speak.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
vexille

Postby vexille » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:46 pm

OMG_They_Killed_Kenny(> wrote:
vexille wrote:I can't see Randy or Sharon putting up with Cartman's antics. If they're strict with Stan, surely Cartman wouldn't survive a week as a member of the Marsh family. He'd be a piece of fresh meat for Shelley as well.

Not true... remember when Shelly babysitted Cartman. Cartman and Shelly ended up getting along.

Any subsequent discourse between Shelley and Cartman, as infrequent as they were, was not that of friendship. Shelley doesn't have much respect for those younger than her.
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
OMG_They_Killed_Kenny(>

Postby OMG_They_Killed_Kenny(> » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:48 pm

vexille wrote:

Any subsequent discourse between Shelley and Cartman, as infrequent as they were, was not that of friendship. Shelley doesn't have much respect for those younger than her.

But Cartman wouldn't let here take advantage of him just because he is younger.
You couldn't make me laugh even if I was already laughing my ass off and you were the one that made me do it.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:55 pm

There wouldn't be a choice in the matter.

I don't think Cartman would thrive with the Marsh's. He is used to his walkover mom.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
timmy number1 fan

Postby timmy number1 fan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:03 pm

why talk about Cartman hes gay timmy so better timmy and the lords of the underwords are my favorite band
don't like timmy go and die please
vexille

Postby vexille » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:42 pm

But Cartman wouldn't let here take advantage of him just because he is younger.

But if Shelley wanted to kick Cartman's ass, then what can Cartman do, other than ( attempt to ) run and hide?
megan*w

Postby megan*w » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:56 pm

Wasuki wrote:Stan is too normal for me. :wink:

There's no such thing as normal anymore :P
Del Negro 50

Postby Del Negro 50 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:30 pm

megan*w wrote:

Wasuki's right. he's too normal for an un-normal town.
No messin' with the negro...
Thanks to 'dude cartman rocks!' for the sig.
vexille

Postby vexille » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:19 pm

Del Negro 50 wrote:
megan*w wrote:

Can someone tell me whats so normal about eight year olds saving lives (Cherokee Hair Tampons), exposing charlatans (Biggest Douche in the Universe), blackmailing aliens (Cancelled), leading cults (In The Closet), talking sense into their dads when they are convinced that they are alcoholics (Bloody Mary), uncovering convoluted conspiracies to decieve them(Future Self and Me), knowing of the nefarious machinations of a another cult-leading sorcerer (Super Best Friends), etc, etc.
-emi-

Postby -emi- » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:07 am

hihi everyone~! ^_^

i'm really REALLY new to this thread and this comm, and pretty much to South Park in general, but i couldn't help but wander over to character discussions to seek out a thread on my beloved stanley <3, because through what little i've seen of the series, he already holds a special place in my heart. :3

i've read the previous pages in hopes of trying to be informed of what the current discussion is, but i'll be honest in saying that i really don't think i know enough about SP in detail to give my own opinion on such a topic as the "Cartman being Stan's brother" thing. haha. i lose >_<;

BUT! what i can say is that i'm not some frivolous fan of stan that doesn't know what she's talking about. i read through here and would see the things people would say about him being too "normal" or the whole "stan vs. kyle" sort of thing.

stan being "normal" is pretty much the only way we CAN put it. yeah, he has his eccentric moments, but he reacts to the world pretty much how a real person would act. i mean yeah, kyle's character is very realistic too, but i see stan as kind of a "voice of reason" in the crazy universe known as South Park. he's a contrast to the insanity. i believe that that is the reason why i love and admire him so much. it's his normalcy that makes him amusing.

as for stan vs. kyle. as someone has mentioned before, they're best friends, dude! best friends tend to act similar while at the same time still portraying a kind of uniqueness from one another. kyle just happens to be more open about his anger issues with cartman than stan is. i mean c'mon... being ragged on for your religion all the mother-effing time isn't cool man. not cool. hell, you'd get pissed too! (or at least i would >_>) i agree that stan could stand up for kyle more (show the love <3) but what would that really do? cartman would give a flying rat's ass about anything stan has to say unless he likes it, so i think it is just in stan's nature to lay-low when he's not needed.

ah well. that's pretty much what i can gather from what i've seen of the series. i'm working my way through buying the season boxes so hopefully soon i can give some better input on here. ^__^ i hope my opinions weren't TOO out there.

until next time: VIVA LA STAN~!

XD
nec

Postby nec » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:19 am

Out of all of the SP characters, I'm probably most like Stan. (Plus, it doesn't hurt that I actually have friends named Kyle and Kenny, and two cousins named Eric.)
RacheyraE

Postby RacheyraE » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:29 am

vexille wrote:
Del Negro 50 wrote:
megan*w wrote:

Can someone tell me whats so normal about eight year olds saving lives (Cherokee Hair Tampons), exposing charlatans (Biggest Douche in the Universe), blackmailing aliens (Cancelled), leading cults (In The Closet), talking sense into their dads when they are convinced that they are alcoholics (Bloody Mary), uncovering convoluted conspiracies to decieve them(Future Self and Me), knowing of the nefarious machinations of a another cult-leading sorcerer (Super Best Friends), etc, etc.

Nothing's normal on South Park. Not even Stan.

Return to “Character Discussion”