The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:56 am

When it comes to taking their hat off. It goes in this order from most to least:

Cartman
Stan
Kyle
Kenny
Stan and Kyle :)
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:07 am

This is actually kind of awkward, but you're wrong. Kyle actually takes his hat off less than Kenny, at the last count.

And why? What's so bad about Stan's hair that he can't even take it off when he becomes a hockey team coach?
-----
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:25 am

Aimsireil wrote:This is actually kind of awkward, but you're wrong. Kyle actually takes his hat off less than Kenny, at the last count.

And why? What's so bad about Stan's hair that he can't even take it off when he becomes a hockey team coach?

Simple answer: It's cold
Stan and Kyle :)
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:46 am

But that doesn't seem to bother Cartman...
-----
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:12 pm

Cartman has longer hair than stan. If it's cold, always snowing and you have short hair a hats a good idea.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:41 pm

... I don't care if we've moved on. D: I wanna rebut.

Aimsireil wrote:But how was Cartman fitting to the role of rallying everyone to kill the rogue player?

However I still absolutely love the idea of hall monitor Kyle. It would have been great if he acted exactly like Cartman did, just like his personality totally switched after he put on the costume.

'cause really, Stan, Kyle, and Kenny went out to go play basketball - physical activity. And come on, Cartman's fat. It's less work to just sit at your computer all day (... >>;) then to run around doing some actual exercise. Besies, he likes blowing minor things way, way out of proportion.

That would have been insanely out of character for Kyle, and come on, I know some folks who were complaining after he took acid in Smug Alert! - that just would've been a bigger mess. Funny, perhaps, but as plenty of people would say, character destroying - yes. And aren't you complaining about Ike's character being destroyed after Miss Teacher elsewhere?

And for the discussion at hand: Also, Cartman is fat. That means it's easier for him to keep warm. No wonder he takes his hat off the most, he doesn't need it nearly as much as the other boys do.

Also, remember, Stan saw the whole coach thing as pretty stupid from the start and only got slightly more into it due to Nelson. If I were him, I probably would've have taken my hat off, either.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:19 am

iceiwynd wrote:... I don't care if we've moved on. D: I wanna rebut.

'cause really, Stan, Kyle, and Kenny went out to go play basketball - physical activity. And come on, Cartman's fat. It's less work to just sit at your computer all day (... >>;) then to run around doing some actual exercise. Besies, he likes blowing minor things way, way out of proportion.

That would have been insanely out of character for Kyle, and come on, I know some folks who were complaining after he took acid in Smug Alert! - that just would've been a bigger mess. Funny, perhaps, but as plenty of people would say, character destroying - yes. And aren't you complaining about Ike's character being destroyed after Miss Teacher elsewhere?

And for the discussion at hand: Also, Cartman is fat. That means it's easier for him to keep warm. No wonder he takes his hat off the most, he doesn't need it nearly as much as the other boys do.

Also, remember, Stan saw the whole coach thing as pretty stupid from the start and only got slightly more into it due to Nelson. If I were him, I probably would've have taken my hat off, either.

I'm simply saying that Cartman isn't any sort of a leader, and that Stan has been the one who leads everybody in doing something (the movie, "The Losing Edge").

I'm sorry, but I can just imagine Kyle going ballistic on people who make fun of him for being hall monitor. And he would scream his funny scream.. heh. Just drop that.

Oh, right, I forgot the blubber effect. But what I was talking about earlier wasn't whether or not it was warm, I was just wondering why Stan never takes his hat off, even though he has a perfectly normal hairdo.
-----
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:24 am

... Maybe Stan just really likes his hat?
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:43 am

He may not like his hair so he wears a hat to cover it up.
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:10 am

Well it does make sense why Kenny may leave his hood on. He's very shy and introverted and probably feels very comfortable in it. I don't think he likes being photographed without his hood on. And I guess Stan keeps his hat on because it's his trademark. Can you imagine the Lone Ranger without his mask on?

And in order the number of times the four boys have been shown in the nude:

Eric(at least three times)
Kenny(twice)
Stan(once)
Kyle(once)

If you add in Butters he'd probably be tied for second. He has been shown nude in the News episode and Awesome-o.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:20 am

Ha! That's a good statistic there. But seriously, though, answer me straight: why on earth would Stan hate his hair? It's a perfectly normal 'do. Maybe he just keeps his hat on to make Kyle feel less self-conscious about HIS hair...? Or maybe it's because Stan looks shorter without his hat on?
-----
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:20 pm

Just because it's "normal" doesn't mean he's not allowed to hate it. Craig has the same hair and yet he wears a hat, too.

Or maybe they just really like their hats? I said that earlier but it seems to have gone completely unacknowledged.
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:30 pm

Stan is proberly just very cold! I mean it is South Park. Do you want stan to end up like this -> :frozenkenny:
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:17 pm

love*metal wrote:Stan is proberly just very cold! I mean it is South Park. Do you want stan to end up like this -> :frozenkenny:

Well of course! They're born in a town that has snow ALL the time(except July), which explains why he's confused as too why he can't sled in Summer Sucks. Even when he's wearing pajamas, he always has his hat on, He simply just likes keeping it on except during showers.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:51 am

^^^But why would he like his hat so much that he never takes it off?

And Craig... well, nobody really knows what's up with Craig's hair, after all it has already changed colors. Besides, Craig isn't used that much anyways, so it doesn't really matter.
-----

Return to “Character Discussion”