The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

love*metal

Postby love*metal » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:52 am

Stan's proberly one of the best musicians in south park. He can write songs, he's got a good singing voice and he can play guitar.
vexille

Postby vexille » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:24 pm

[quote="Aimsireil":485e5]Elton John wrote the lyrics. Stan asked him to do so earlier in the episode. :tp:[/quote:485e5]

I seem to remember seeing Stan hand Elton John a sheet of paper, claiming that they were lyrics, and asked him to play it at the concert. Mind you, its been aeons since I last saw "Chef Aid", and after ten seasons, there is just so much to remember. Perhaps I'm mistaken?
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:06 pm

I have no real clue what you guys are really talking about, but as for the Elton John thing:

Stan: Hey Elton, if I give you these lyrics, will you write a song for my girlfriend, Wendy?

Elton: Sure, kid. But I would retain exclusive worldwide rights, including but not limited to Asian territories, with a twenty-percent commission from all domestic sales and sole ownership of any and all publishing.

Stan: ....'kay.
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
vexille

Postby vexille » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:15 pm

So, who here has high hopes or possibly misgivings about season eleven? As ever, I'm hoping our boy is receiving his share of the screentime. I know everyone else says the same, but as ever, the seasons always dominated by Cartman or Kyle and Cartman. Other than that, I'm trying keep the thread moving.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:24 am

As long as his large roles don't include him bitching and complaining, I'm fine.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Agaath95

Postby Agaath95 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:23 pm

And as long as his large roles don't include religion bashing..

Really, we've had enough of those episodes already.
honestly

Postby honestly » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:18 am

Please remind me when he bitches, whines and bashes religion?

I've been a bit dissapointed with Stan based eps like Stanley's Cup but ones like Woodlen Critter Christmas was funny and it still had Kyle in it so it wasn't completely one person.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:25 am

I guess we need to clarify what we mean by bitching and complaining:

We mean that, too often, he is the kid who says, "I don't think this is a good idea." or is the one that moves out to disprove something or somehow teach people what they think is wrong. It's less him actually sitting there and saying that everything sucks and the coffee is too hot and more so that the majority of his roles are no longer comedic- They're now almost always about some social/political movement/issue that Stan eventually tears down.

To sum it up:
His roles are complaining and bitching about something before he disproves it.

As a secondary role, that's fine. But when it is the entire motivation of the character for an entire episode, it can often ruin it.
NotReallyStan

Postby NotReallyStan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:49 am

I'd like to see more... I guess you could say selfishness from Stan. "Follow That Egg" was a good example. I think Stan's inherent goodness makes him an easy character to fall into the "moral compass" trap. I certainly don't want Stan to become "Cartman-lite," but it would be nice if he redeveloped his own motivations and interests. I mean, right now, he's so active politically that I'm surprised he hasn't gotten Wendy following him around everywhere again. :P
I duk ur durb.

South Park fangames:
http://www.spgarchives.com
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:20 am

NotReallyStan wrote:I'd like to see more... I guess you could say selfishness from Stan. "Follow That Egg" was a good example. I think Stan's inherent goodness makes him an easy character to fall into the "moral compass" trap. I certainly don't want Stan to become "Cartman-lite," but it would be nice if he redeveloped his own motivations and interests. I mean, right now, he's so active politically that I'm surprised he hasn't gotten Wendy following him around everywhere again. :P

You get ten points.
NotReallyStan

Postby NotReallyStan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:14 am

I shall spend them on Ale and Whores! \o/

I am kind of glad that we're not in the "Cartman Show, sometimes with Kyle, Kenny, and maybe Stan" rut that the show was in a few years ago, of course, but let's have Stan be a little more on the lookout for Stan in the future.
I duk ur durb.

South Park fangames:
http://www.spgarchives.com
honestly

Postby honestly » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:16 am

I loved his role in "Follow that egg" it was soooo coool he is so cute when he is jealous and what not. Not that this should be a reacuring act of his but that one time was funny. Is the new season on yet? I don't get the Comedy Channel :o
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:17 am

He needs your help! Go to Character Elimination and separate him from Kyle!
vexille

Postby vexille » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:12 pm

He just felt like he owed Token an apology, didn't he. He should not have bothered. Especially when Token chose to be a dick about it.

"So what you're saying is that Black people are midgets?"

Yes Token, why not? You're all midgets in a way. With your narrow-mindedness and your fragile little ego's. The way you enjoy playing the victim, so everyone else feels like they should bend over backwards for you. You know what? I refuse to feel guilty for what my bonehead father said the other day. I don't owe you a damn thing. Kiss my ass, you piece of sh*t.

Thats what Stan should have said to him.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:46 pm

I was in an MSN chat where we discussed the many possible reason why, besides the reasons the show offered, Stan interacted with Token the way he did. Two possibilities emerged, and I'd be happy to share themm with y'all. :wink:

Return to “Character Discussion”