The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

honestly

Postby honestly » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:59 am

what?
that is crazy! it is not the whole "slash" thing, and if anything it would be any romance- not necissarliy a slash, at all. But south park is not a romantic comedy its an in-your-face comedy and should stay that way.
NO SLASH!
(-i have no problem with gays btw)
nonuggets

Postby nonuggets » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:36 am

slash? i don't kno the lingo.

stan hasn't had time to get over wendy because there is no time in south park. nobody grows up. i don't think there relationship will ever come up again. i don't see what it could possibly tie into...mayb in the fringe of a story line but not anything bigger
Kennylover2000

Postby Kennylover2000 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:23 pm

I love his reaction in episode 1101, when the awnser n*ggers is wrong!
SweetRvng

Stan

Postby SweetRvng » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:14 pm

Unfortunately, I do not have television and so have not seen the newest episodes of SP.... I DO however have all the seasons (thus far...) on DVD....
My favorite Stan look is the GothKid look.... Totally cool....
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:31 am

NotReallyStan wrote:
He wasn't very nice and up-front in "Follow That Egg".
He is the type to scheme and plot. The difference is that his plans are subtle.

1- Stan wasn't plotting in "Follow That Egg". He was pissed. He may have been plotting in "Apologies to Jesse Jackson."
2- Remember that Stan has had time to get used to the idea of Token, not one of his main friends, going out with his ex. In "Follow That Egg", it was sudden and it was his best friend.
3- Stan would get jealous regardless of what he thought the situation with Wendy and another guy is, even if he has little reason to.

I'm confused. Was Stan plotting or not in "Follow That Egg?" Because to me, he was very up front to Kyle about what was pissing him off.

And if Stan was jealous of Token, why didn't he show it? Stan has always shown his emotions on his sleeve. In every single episode, Stan has never been a "mystery" or anything like that. When he started "La Resistance," it was obvious that he was doing it to try to impress Wendy. With Wendy not even being mentioned in this episode and only fulfilling "background character" status, I don't think that we can reasonably say that she had anything to do with Stan's reasons for wanting to get on Token's good side. I'd buy the "secretly afraid he's a racist" one, but not that.

1- Stan was not plotting.
2- Being nice and up-front: This would mean he would have told Wendy he still liked her.
3- Stan was just pissed and jealous at Kyle.
4- Like I said, the idea came up in an MSN Messenger conversation. I initially threw it out there as one of many possibilities, as the latest information we have is Token/Wendy and we all know Stan isn't over Wendy.
5- The racist one was also my favorite.

Why is it everytime there's some minor detail in a plotline, which may I remind you, has nothing to do with the actual plot, people go "OMG. I just saw <EPISODE> and I totally think they love each other. SLASH PARTY!!"

Randy uses the word n*gger on television. Token gets upset, Stan goes to apologize multiple times. But Token is still pissed and can't get over it. Meanwhile, Cartman meets a midgets and cannot stop laughing. In the end, he ends up fighting the midget and Stan finally realizes the deal with Token. That he'll never understand how he feels. Token is happy, Cartman is happy, the midget is happy, and they all get married and have three beautiful kids.

Where at all does anybody see Wendy in there? You can watch that episode as many times as you please, you will not find a trace of Wendy/Stan in that.

Cartman Sucks has more "action" than Apologies to Jessie Jackson, and that episode STILL prooves that Cartman/Butters will never work.

Besides, is it really such a huge deal whether or not Token and Wendy are still together and if Stan still likes her or not? I mean, the only real Wendy+Stan that was happening was in the first few seasons. Then it was just... Over.

So yeah. I know for a fact many are gonna argue with me and say "That's not at all what we're talking about!!" because somehow, even though I read this like, five times trying to get my facts straight, I'm still wrong. Gah. :c

1- You could also watch "All About the Mormons" and see no Stan/Wendy, but we were still shocked when "Raisins" aired. The absence of seeing or hearing something mentioned doesn't mean said thing isn't a motive.
2- Name ONE time I said, "OMG Slash party gay fuckfest211!!" I never even said, "Stan+Wendy forever niggas!"
3- It's my opinion that Wendy doesn't like Stan anymore, not the other way around.
4- If we followed your advice, ALL character discussion threads would be like this:
"Stan is cool."
"Yes, and he is nice."
"That is true."
"Stan's my favorite character!"
"Stan+Me= Heaven xoxoxoxoxoxox11"
"Stan rocks my socks."
5- As a fanfic author, it is my job to overanalyze characters and sitautions to produce.
6- I like how no one seems to be arguing my assertion that Stan is racist, but flip out over my theory about Stan getting closer to Token to get closer to Wendy. :lol:
That's how it's down here on the farm!
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:50 am

I was watching "Helen Keller the Musical" and I noticed that there's a scene in the background where Wendy and Token are talking to eachother and then leave screen together it's probably unintentional but I still think it's a neat little fact
These are the kind of things you notice when you rewatch the episodes five thousand times
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
Infusions

Postby Infusions » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:54 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:1- You could also watch "All About the Mormons" and see no Stan/Wendy, but we were still shocked when "Raisins" aired. The absence of seeing or hearing something mentioned doesn't mean said thing isn't a motive.

2- Name ONE time I said, "OMG Slash party gay fuckfest211!!" I never even said, "Stan+Wendy forever niggas!"

3- It's my opinion that Wendy doesn't like Stan anymore, not the other way around.

4- If we followed your advice, ALL character discussion threads would be like this:
"Stan is cool."
"Yes, and he is nice."
"That is true."
"Stan rocks my socks."

5- As a fanfic author, it is my job to overanalyze characters and sitautions to produce.

6- I like how no one seems to be arguing my assertion that Stan is racist, but flip out over my theory about Stan getting closer to Token to get closer to Wendy. :lol:

1. I haven't seen that episode in a while, sorry. But can anybody remind me where Stan/Wendy is happening? Cause I'm not sure what you're really pointing out in that episode. *Confused*

2. Where, in my post, did I say /you/ specifically? MISUNDERSTANDING. 8D

3. He could have some feelings for her, true. But not enough that he'd go nuts over or sometimes, secretly fawn over her without anybody knowing. Just enough to want to see big and mighty in front of her. Like how he didn't want her to think he was lame in Follow That Egg!.

4. So, in order to avoid those topics, we must oversee little details that have no relevance to one another in order to make good conversation? I mean, a lot of people completely missed Cartman's joke in Cartman Sucks, and that "Cartman is Gay!" is still a more reasonable debate than adding Wendy to the Stan+Token plotline picture when she hasn't had one line in that episode to begin with. And wasn't even mentioned, as a matter of fact.

5. 'kay. Let's overanalyze for a bit. Randy said the teacher was hot in Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy. That must mean he's having an affair with someone.

Cartman dedicates half of his mortal life to torturing Kyle and finding some ways to humliate him for his pleasure. That means he has some secret fetish with Kyle and jacks off at the mere sight of him. (No, he jacks off at the mere sight of him getting tortured, silly people. :D)

Ms. Stevenson (That was her name, right?) loved Ike and made love to him. That must mean she's a pedophile despite the fact Ike clearly loved her back as well, but in more of a "little kid crush" way than a serious relationship way.

Yeah. That's some solid information right there.

6. He's probably like, .5% racist. He's one of the most tolerant main kid character on that show. Actually, him and Kyle are probably in a tie with one another.

A lot of other characters are tolerant as well, but Stan and Kyle are just like... Always trying to help out. The only non-innocence I'm able to find in them recently was the fact that they use curse words and stuff.

Other than that, they seem to be freakin' angels, at the most point. (Well, Kyle needs to work on his temper, but hey... :D)
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:31 pm

Infusions wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:1- You could also watch "All About the Mormons" and see no Stan/Wendy, but we were still shocked when "Raisins" aired. The absence of seeing or hearing something mentioned doesn't mean said thing isn't a motive.

"Stan is cool."
"Yes, and he is nice."
"That is true."
"Stan rocks my socks."

1. I haven't seen that episode in a while, sorry. But can anybody remind me where Stan/Wendy is happening? Cause I'm not sure what you're really pointing out in that episode. *Confused*

2. Where, in my post, did I say /you/ specifically? MISUNDERSTANDING. 8D

3. He could have some feelings for her, true. But not enough that he'd go nuts over or sometimes, secretly fawn over her without anybody knowing. Just enough to want to seem big and mighty in front of her. Like how he didn't want her to think he was lame in Follow That Egg!.

4. So, in order to avoid those topics, we must oversee little details that have no relevance to one another in order to make good conversation? I mean, a lot of people completely missed Cartman's joke in Cartman Sucks, and that "Cartman is Gay!" is still a more reasonable debate than adding Wendy to the Stan+Token plotline picture when she hasn't had one line in that episode to begin with. And wasn't even mentioned, as a matter of fact.

5. 'kay. Let's overanalyze for a bit. Randy said the teacher was hot in Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy. That must mean he's having an affair with someone.

Cartman dedicates half of his mortal life to torturing Kyle and finding some ways to humliate him for his pleasure. That means he has some secret fetish with Kyle and jacks off at the mere sight of him. (No, he jacks off at the mere sight of him getting tortured, silly people. :D)

Ms. Stevenson (That was her name, right?) loved Ike and made love to him. That must mean she's a pedophile despite the fact Ike clearly loved her back as well, but in more of a "little kid crush" way than a serious relationship way.

Yeah. That's some solid information right there.

6. He's probably like, .5% racist. He's one of the most tolerant main kid character on that show. Actually, him and Kyle are probably in a tie with one another.

A lot of other characters are tolerant as well, but Stan and Kyle are just like... Always trying to help out. The only non-innocence I'm able to find in them recently was the fact that they use curse words and stuff.

Other than that, they seem to be freakin' angels, at the most point. (Well, Kyle needs to work on his temper, but hey... :D)

1- Okay, let me see if I can put this in a way you can understand:
A- In the leadup to "Raisins", everyone just assumed Stan and Wendy were together based on their relationship being prelevant earlier in the series. They didn't have any current confirmation, hence why I suggested an episode that had nothing that mentioned Stan and Wendy being together so close to "Raisins".
B- When "Raisins" aired, people were still shocked that they broke up.
C- This is to point out that those who say we don't know if Token and Wendy are together because we have no current confirmation don't make any sense.

2- Misunderstanding? Mkays.

3- If someone you loved broke up with you, then you would also be angry. Stan still loves Wendy, but he isn't ready to tell her. So, when they meet up, Stan just siphons off the anger that he has due to the break-up.

4- Like I said, before, the absence of her being mentioned or having a line doesn't mean she wasn't an underlying motivation.

5- The difference between my overanalyzation is that I can trace the path to events, characters and time and have them make sense. Yours are comedic, and I will debate you as follows:
A- Randy is male. Males think women are hot. That is a generalization and a far reach.
B- Actually, there is a sizeable slash community that dedicates itself to something like this, though it involves Stan. Basically, if we wanna say Cartman is gay and in love with someone, it'd be Stan. This would explain why he is so damned hard on Kyle(Pun sorta not intended) and always tells Stan how much fun it is when it's just them.
C- Stevenson IS a pedophile, regardless of Ike's feelings. Ike can't give consent and is only a freaking baby.

So now we see the difference between our overanalyzations. Mine can be used realistically, yours are either completely right and true(Even though you try to pass them off as being not so) debatable, or generalizations that forget the gender involved.

6- If he was only .5% racist, then I doubt he would have continued to try and get Token to accept his apology. Stan would be for equal rights, but it is what is in his mind, in the deepest corners of it, that scare him. Let us also remember that most kids are slightly everything, including racist, and to say that Stan is almost 0% would mean he'd have to be the greatest kif=d EVER. Just like Kyle, I'd say he is about 10% and was trying to get Token to accept his apology as an affirmation that racist thoughts can be beaten, even by his family.
SweetRvng

Postby SweetRvng » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:19 pm

There are parallels in SP that pertain to our own, individualized, petty little worlds. First of all is the analyzation of the Stan/Wendy/Token debacle.
Wendy broke up with Stan....
Stan is heartbroken.... (turns Goth)...
Wendy and Token hook-up....

Just like the "real world!"

Think about it..... Have you ever been in love with a girl, dated, she broke up with you and started dating someone else? Meanwhile, your heart is hurting, and you take the jealousies and insecurities of "why didn't this work?" out on the girl you were supposed to be "in love with," and the new guy she's in love with!

So then, b/c they seem unaffected by your raging inefficiencies towards them, you do the next best thing by trying to impress her in any way that you can so that she doesn't see you as a total loser, and maybe one day, in the far far future, she wil realize that you really are the one for her, and by then... too late.... You know what? I hope Stan gets to really tell Wendy how he feels about her, and then tells her to Piss off!

And please, I am not saying "you" as in take it personally as bashing or anything... I'm trying to make the point that it has happened to the best of us.... Me included... and the best part, is that when you finally do get the chance to tell that person to F*ck Off... It's the best damn feeling ever!
XxAbbyMarshxX

Postby XxAbbyMarshxX » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:30 pm

I actually know how Stan feels. This will sound really stupid, but i was dumped and i didnt get over it for a really long time. I was all depressed and crap, but then i realized, yeah, life sucks, but he was a horrible boyfriend anyway. Sorry, im a n00b, i need to learn how to into these conversations better.
The Stan thread and the Kyle Thread have more pages than the Cartman thread. I'm so proud.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:38 pm

You did fine and welcome to the BBS.

NEW:
VOTE FOR STAN IN THE RACE WAR POLL.
XxAbbyMarshxX

Postby XxAbbyMarshxX » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:47 pm

Wow. No one has been on here in a while.................New topic, anyone?

NEW TOPIC:
If M&T killed off one of the 4 main kids, do you think it would be Stan?
The Stan thread and the Kyle Thread have more pages than the Cartman thread. I'm so proud.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:20 pm

Nah. They already killed off Kenny for one season, so next in line would probably be Kyle, since he's had the most brushes with death out of the other 3 kids.
Lonely_Jew

Postby Lonely_Jew » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:17 am

No, I definitely do not think they would kill of Stan, because next to Cartman, he's had the most episodes dedicated to him.

And I'm probably going to get a lot of flack for this, because for some reason, people have a problem with others saying this. But I look at Stan as the main character and the leader of the four boys. Why would they kill off the leader?

I think they'd kill Kenny again. Stan is leader, Kyle is simply a great addition and Cartman is the comic relief. Kenny's great, but simply wouldn't hold up next to Stan when it comes to who dies and who doesn't.
"Don't ever go through life thinking that there isn't any hope, because then, there isn't any." --I don't know who said this, but probably someone who's pretty smart.

I don't cheer for the title. I cheer for my health.
XxAbbyMarshxX

Postby XxAbbyMarshxX » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:39 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:Nah. They already killed off Kenny for one season, so next in line would probably be Kyle, since he's had the most brushes with death out of the other 3 kids.

Thats true. If they killed off any of the main kids, it would be Kyle. But if they killed off any kids soon, im guessing the ratings would go dooooooooooooooown really fast. And my sister's been talking about the very last episode of the whole entire show alot now. She thinks that M&T are going to kill everyone and make it really tragic. God, i hope not.

Return to “Character Discussion”