The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: The Second Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:23 pm

Infusions wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:Same. Stan served no real purpose in part three. He stood there during the battle. His warning didn't stop the nuke from being launched. You might as well as had no scenes with him. About the only thing that I really wanna know is what was Stan referring to when he sounded frightened and then stopped talking to Kyle.

What? Stan warned Kyle of the nuke, Kyle stopped the nuke from hitting ImaginationLand (But did anyway, go figure), thus Stan did help stop the nuke. In a way.

But why did he have Kyle do it when he could have done so himself? He could have spoken to the General - hell, to anyone - from Imaginationland, see?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:28 pm

Why not just imagine that the nuke was a dud?
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:29 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:Why not just imagine that the nuke was a dud?

That only works in Imaginationland! You're grounded!

:cartmanevillaugh:

(You'd just end up with a real nuke and an imaginary one. See Cartman and Kyle, and their imaginary selves)

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:34 pm

You can imagine something to grab hold of the nuke until it can't propel its self anymore, then have the government go in and disarm the nuke portion of the missile.
vexille

Postby vexille » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:07 am

Big-Will wrote:

But why did he have Kyle do it when he could have done so himself? He could have spoken to the General - hell, to anyone - from Imaginationland, see?

Because for some unexplained reason, Kyle was the only one that could hear him, what with their close bond with each other, you know, that kind of sh*t. I'm sure that if Stan could have communed with people other than Kyle, then he would have done so.

Thrawny wrote:Butters was the chosen one, not Stan. They were still suspicious of him even after Butters vouched for him. I was hoping though for more Stan and Butters teamwork though.

I honestly think this series has opened a new chapter in Butters role in the series and we may have another episode this season focused on him.

Whatever the imaginary characters said of Butters, Stan also originated from the real-world. He has the power of imagination, therefore, they would have won their war sooner had they put Stan to use. Does that not make sense to you?

Infusions wrote:
What? Stan warned Kyle of the nuke, Kyle stopped the nuke from hitting ImaginationLand (But did anyway, go figure), thus Stan did help stop the nuke. In a way.

It's funny. First people complain when a character doesn't get a single line in an episode, then they get plenty of lines, but go "He barely did anything, he should've been left out."

What exactly is it you guys want so badly from the series? The wants and needs are only going into a circle.

What we want badly is to prevent Stan from being reduced to an anciliary character. This is a thread devoted to one of the MAIN characters, so naturally, we get a little peeved when our chosen favourite has such a marginal role through the whole episode. We are not saying he should have been left out, but his uses should have been stretched beyond that of a f*cking messanger-boy.
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:27 am

Infusions wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:Same. Stan served no real purpose in part three. He stood there during the battle. His warning didn't stop the nuke from being launched. You might as well as had no scenes with him. About the only thing that I really wanna know is what was Stan referring to when he sounded frightened and then stopped talking to Kyle.

It's funny. First people complain when a character doesn't get a single line in an episode, then they get plenty of lines, but go "He barely did anything, he should've been left out."

What exactly is it you guys want so badly from the series? The wants and needs are only going into a circle.

Kyle warned Stan of the nuke, not the other way around. Secondly, Kyle just delayed the nuke, he didn't stop it from being launched. No one could have stopped Gore. So, therefore, Stan did not stop the nuke in any way. I was referring to his warning to the Council.

Stan being dragged from place to place and repeating things we already know doesn't mean he has been used well. This isn't Kenny, where one line from him is good or him just being active in the story is a net gain. This is supposed to be one of the main characters who isn't in anyway being replaced, so either use him well or don't use him at all. I'd rather have an episode with no Stan that's good than an episode where he is used poorly.

Thrawny said:
Butters was the chosen one, not Stan. They were still suspicious of him even after Butters vouched for him. I was hoping though for more Stan and Butters teamwork though.

I honestly think this series has opened a new chapter in Butters role in the series and we may have another episode this season focused on him.
-Butters was the chosen one by virtue of being real, as was explained to him. He is a creator due to it. Stan is real too. So, him just standing there during the battle doesn't make any sense at all.

As for why he could only talk to Kyle:
Maybe Kyle is the only one who knows Stan well enough to hear what he is saying.

What do I want? If you're going to use Stan as a piece of a plot, then use him well! Being the messenger boy doesn't
mean a thing when the message is moot.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
stupidrandy

Postby stupidrandy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:51 am

I think this next episode will make stan, kyle and kenny a main focus. Hopfully Kenny will die. God please make kenny die! Stan has got to be the biggest player in South Park so he's got to play a really good role. I just hope he gets to throw up on wendy again. That was so awsome! Randy looked really funny playing guitar hero in his undies! :wink: I cant wait for this one! I played that game and had to stop after 10 minutes cause it was so lame. I hope they rip on that stupid game! It looks like Stan is really injoying it. :roll: Oh well, what can you do?
"Ok, now on too double penatration boy's".--Kyle's Jew dad!
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:09 am

Who is that other kid playing guitar hero with Stan. Well it doesn't look like Kyle or Kenny. In fact he's plump, but not fat enough to be Eric.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:12 am

Probably some kid made just for this episode.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:15 am

For a moment there I thought it was Kyle with his hair down. :D

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:41 am

Big-Will wrote:For a moment there I thought it was Kyle with his hair down. :D

It looks like the kid from "Smug Alert" in San Fransisco that does drugs.

Postby 203177 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:54 pm

yeah it is him. Anyway this episode looks like its going to be once again a stan episode with kyle in it too.

Code:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
James--76

Postby James--76 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:01 pm

I was a little disapointed that Stan didn`t have a bigger role in Imaginationland III it would have been great if he had thought up somethings,i was half expecting him to think up something to kill the woodland critters but popeye killed those off screen.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
candies

Postby candies » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:03 pm

It looks like the kid from "Smug Alert" in San Fransisco that does drugs.[/quote] If only he has that chocolate ice-cream stick and that rainbow shirt. :D
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:31 pm

This episode sounds even betetr. Stan being selfish? Interesting.

Return to “Character Discussion”