The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

HAcoreRD

Re: The Second Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby HAcoreRD » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:01 am

emmet1993 wrote:oh ye.well he has made fun of him for going out with wendy but only rarely. he dosnt make fun of him as much as kyle for being jewish or kenny for being poor though

Well, keep in mind the Wendy/Stan angle was dropped pretty much, plus Wendy's only a support character, Kyle's main.

Hmm. If cartman really wanted to insult Stan:

* could insult him as a sterotypical Jock, seeing as Stan appears to be well rounded at sports.

* Insult him (again) for getting beaten up by Shelly

* Could be hypocritical of Eric, but he can call Stan manipulative for using Butters so much in Season 6.

* Could bring up how he threw his friends away for Scientology.

* Stan was never really cleared of those murders in "Spooky Fish", nor was Mrs. Marsh, it could be used against him.

* Stan never paid Kenny visits after the initial one in "Kenny dies" and became emotionally unstable, this can be used against him as well.

* Turned goth in "Raisins", could technically be used against him, unless the new Wendy/Stan angle proves to recover him from his depression {Note: Stan smiles rarely, he smiled at the end of 'The List' before vomiting}
vexille

Postby vexille » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:52 pm

First of all, happy new year.

1) I didn't know that being a jock had anything to do with being an excellent athlete.
2) Everyone gets beaten up by Shelly.
3) Anyone can manipulate Butters.
4) Any of the kids in "Trapped in the Closet" wouldn't have acted much differently at first.
5) Only Stan's mother believed he was a killer, and even then she later found out that he was telling the truth about the goldfish.
6) If Kenny was offended by Stan's reluctance to see him at death's door, then he hasn't shown any sign of it since his comeback. Besides, there is only so many times you can grieve for someone whom you know will only be resurrected the following day. I would not hold it against Stan if I were Kenny.
7) His stint as a goth was very brief. It just simply isn't enough to go on.
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:42 am

^

Good points, here the best defense i could come up with atm ^^

1.) Typically in High Schoolish scenarios the "Best" athletes were always labeled as jocks. I'm sure South Park Elementry has it's own Cliques, with Nerds, Uglies, Jocks, Goths, etc, so I'm sure if Cartman was really nit picking at Stan he could label him as a jock.
2.) It's been ages since i watched Pre-Season 4, but I don't recall Kenny or Kyle being attacked by her. I think Eric did when she baby sitted him, however.
3.) Anyone can, but not everyone has.
4.) true
5.) Got me there
6.) This is debateable. In "Cherokee Hair Tampons" Kenny was offended with Stan crying over Kyle's impending death, even telling Stan that he doesn't care when he dies. Also Kenny does seem to hang around the group less and less each season, so it's a slim possibility of bad blood between them (Unknown if Kenny has resentment towards Kyle, but he would hate Cartman since Cartman used his death for his benefit.) Also that ''was' to be Kenny's final death, hence why they reacted differently and ignored Kenny's resurrection 'powers'.
7.) If that's the case, his Wendy grieving period went longer (atleast 4 days), that could be used I suppose.
WhatevaIWaunt

Postby WhatevaIWaunt » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:30 am

HAcoreRD wrote:^

Good points, here the best defense i could come up with atm ^^

1.) Typically in High Schoolish scenarios the "Best" athletes were always labeled as jocks. I'm sure South Park Elementry has it's own Cliques, with Nerds, Uglies, Jocks, Goths, etc, so I'm sure if Cartman was really nit picking at Stan he could label him as a jock.
2.) It's been ages since i watched Pre-Season 4, but I don't recall Kenny or Kyle being attacked by her. I think Eric did when she baby sitted him, however.
3.) Anyone can, but not everyone has.
4.) true
5.) Got me there
6.) This is debateable. In "Cherokee Hair Tampons" Kenny was offended with Stan crying over Kyle's impending death, even telling Stan that he doesn't care when he dies. Also Kenny does seem to hang around the group less and less each season, so it's a slim possibility of bad blood between them (Unknown if Kenny has resentment towards Kyle, but he would hate Cartman since Cartman used his death for his benefit.) Also that ''was' to be Kenny's final death, hence why they reacted differently and ignored Kenny's resurrection 'powers'.
7.) If that's the case, his Wendy grieving period went longer (atleast 4 days), that could be used I suppose.

Kenny's absence is definitely not "bad blood". They did care about his death very much, they were still grieving in "The Butters Show", and were shown to be sad about it on several other occasions. Stan walking out was just because he couldn't stand to see Kenny dying, which Kenny would've understood perfectly and certainly wouldn't be offended. Sad probably, but not angry. And he was happy with them in "Red Sleigh Down", and through the 7th and 8th season he was just as much a part of their group as before, except quieter. His absence is just lack of inspiration on the part of Matt and Trey.

Postby 203177 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:47 am

^ Yeah thats all true.

Code:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:28 am

^ ^

What you said I can agree with, but still. Until M/T explain the lack of Kenny involvement, it can go either way.
Pip303

Postby Pip303 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:34 am

Sure Kenny needs more air time but for now this is Stan's discussion thread.

Yes, Cartman doesn't make fun of Stan as much as the rest. But latley I havn't seen much of Cartman making fun of Kenny exept for "The List" or even "Lice Capades", lately its been more Cartman vs. Kyle, but that could all change next season.
Stan x Wendy for life!

Favorite Character- Kyle
Favorite Episode- The List
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:48 am

Pip303 wrote:Sure Kenny needs more air time but for now this is Stan's discussion thread.

Yes, Cartman doesn't make fun of Stan as much as the rest. But latley I havn't seen much of Cartman making fun of Kenny exept for "The List" or even "Lice Capades", lately its been more Cartman vs. Kyle, but that could all change next season.

I kind of hope it does it's starting to become repetative.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
emmet1993

Postby emmet1993 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:47 pm

ye theres too much cartman vs kyle the iamginationland and teuretes episodes were nearly all about cartman vs kyle ye i hope that changes
Viva la resistance!

Favourite charcter stan

Postby 203177 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:03 pm

It should change. We should see more of Stan and Kenny or Kyle more. The Cartman vs Kyle thing is kinda out of hand.

WhatevaIWaunt

Postby WhatevaIWaunt » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:21 pm

Hey, reading this, I just noticed that although Cartman and Kyle are enemies, Stan and Cartman are much more of complete opposites. Even though Cartman and Kyle hate each other's guts, they have more than a few similarities, whereas just about every trait of Cartman's is the opposite of those of Stan's. I guess that could be a factor in developing a more significant (or in this case, adversarial) relationship between Cartman and Stan
ushankasrockmysocks

Postby ushankasrockmysocks » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:36 pm

WhatevaIWaunt wrote:Hey, reading this, I just noticed that although Cartman and Kyle are enemies, Stan and Cartman are much more of complete opposites. Even though Cartman and Kyle hate each other's guts, they have more than a few similarities, whereas just about every trait of Cartman's is the opposite of those of Stan's.
How so? I'm not saying I don't agree, I'm just saying I don't know what you're thinking of. What makes you say that?
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:12 am

^

I think he's referring to how Cartman's a complete opposite of Stan, which leads to friction between the two.

While it's true, Cartman dislikes Stan for being Kyle's "best" friend, since he knows 90% of the time he'll side with Kyle.

That's not to say Stan/Cartman don't get along. "Two Days before the day after tommorow" they were bonding well early on. Heck, during any of the "Kyle's mom is a b*tch" songs (Movie/Episode) Stan can be seen smiling and clapping.

The two get along, just rarely because of how little they hold in common, and even if Stan agrees with Cartman's jew theories he seems to keep quiet about them (excluding the Rainforest episode in regard to Jews having no Rhythm)
candies

Postby candies » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:38 am

Agreed. Stan does smile and clapping when Cartman sings " Kyle's mom is a bitch" and he frequently agress with Cartman almost everything than anyone else...
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!

Postby 203177 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:38 am

^You do have point about that.

Code:

Return to “Character Discussion”