The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

WowitsWendy

Re: The Second Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby WowitsWendy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:17 pm

Stan's awesome. He's my favorite out of the boys, because he loves animals and seems the most mature.

Er, besides Kenny and his knowledge of women, I guess. xD
WENDY TESTABURGER KICKS ASS!
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:41 pm

polymorph wrote:
HAcoreRD wrote:Stan i think does lie more than Kyle, but only when it's covering his own butt.

And that makes it better how? :?

oh, i never meant it to be better, I'm just implying Stan tells "White lies".
kennysdead

Postby kennysdead » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:18 pm

Stan is my fav but it used 2 be Kenny.
kennysdead

Postby kennysdead » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:29 pm

will any1 b my friend? :tp:
spencyb

Postby spencyb » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:06 pm

you know what if you don't like Stan then your dumb :timmy: :assface: :parishilton: :zombiekenny: :unhoodedkenny: :gaykenny: :santa:
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:34 am

HAcoreRD wrote:
polymorph wrote:
HAcoreRD wrote:Stan i think does lie more than Kyle, but only when it's covering his own butt.

And that makes it better how? :?

oh, i never meant it to be better, I'm just implying Stan tells "White lies".

Well I don't mean to sound like a dickhole but technicly a "White Lie" is a lie that protects someone else, where as Stan here is protecting himself making his lie as black as they come.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:21 pm

^

Technically, we're both wrong.

White Lies are actually lies that'd benefit noone if uncovered, sort of like how in "Cartman's Gift", the Cops were lying about shooting someone before Kyle bursted in the room.

I guess I see Stan lying usaully for the boys benefit. Really, only in "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" he was the only one benefitting from the lie, unless you want to go deeper, Kyle benefitted, as if Kyle didn't blow the cover off, Stan wouldn't have needed to draw a weapon on him.
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:41 pm

HAcoreRD wrote:^

Technically, we're both wrong.

White Lies are actually lies that'd benefit noone if uncovered, sort of like how in "Cartman's Gift", the Cops were lying about shooting someone before Kyle bursted in the room.

I guess I see Stan lying usaully for the boys benefit. Really, only in "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" he was the only one benefitting from the lie, unless you want to go deeper, Kyle benefitted, as if Kyle didn't blow the cover off, Stan wouldn't have needed to draw a weapon on him.

Either way nothing good usually comes from Stan's lies.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:22 am

HAcoreRD wrote:I guess I see Stan lying usaully for the boys benefit. Really, only in "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" he was the only one benefitting from the lie, unless you want to go deeper, Kyle benefitted, as if Kyle didn't blow the cover off, Stan wouldn't have needed to draw a weapon on him.

A white lie is a lie about something inconsequential, a harmless lie that does actually help the liar or the listener. In "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce," Stan's lie was a lie of omission, not a white lie, since he kept his mouth shut and let Cartman and everyone else make up a theory about who crapped in the urinal. Kyle never had any cover to blow, so Stan had nothing to benefit from.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
WhatevaIWaunt

Postby WhatevaIWaunt » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:21 am

Big-Will wrote:
HAcoreRD wrote:I guess I see Stan lying usaully for the boys benefit. Really, only in "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" he was the only one benefitting from the lie, unless you want to go deeper, Kyle benefitted, as if Kyle didn't blow the cover off, Stan wouldn't have needed to draw a weapon on him.

A white lie is a lie about something inconsequential, a harmless lie that does actually help the liar or the listener. In "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce," Stan's lie was a lie of omission, not a white lie, since he kept his mouth shut and let Cartman and everyone else make up a theory about who crapped in the urinal. Kyle never had any cover to blow, so Stan had nothing to benefit from.

I have the feeling polymorph doesn't like Stan very much. Ah well, I like him just as much as the other four, no more, no less, so I'm not going to blow my top like some people who has a favorite character that gets ripped on.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:09 am

Big-Will wrote:

In all fairness, Stan had said in previous episodes he believes in free speech, his defense he could be letting people speak their minds, regardless of how it conviently covered his butt too.

Also, he'd only be able to convince 75% of the population anyways, (as stated in the episode, 1/4 of all Americans are retarded, Cartman was of that 25%)
vexille

Postby vexille » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:54 am

Hey, none this is praiseworthy of our lord and master. I demand you all write some appropriate butt-kissing material from now on. Or else. :twisted:
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:34 am

vexille wrote:Hey, none this is praiseworthy of our lord and master. I demand you all write some appropriate butt-kissing material from now on. Or else. :twisted:

or else what
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:29 pm

Um k...do you guys think that there will be alot more Stan & Wendy stories for now on or was the end of "The List" just a way to get all of the Stan/Wendy lovers all pumped up for absolutely nothing? I would love for Stan to actually fight for her in an episode and no, not like in the movie, I mean a physical, all out brawl with an older kid or something lol...that would be a great episode.
vexille

Postby vexille » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:35 pm

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K wrote:
vexille wrote:Hey, none this is praiseworthy of our lord and master. I demand you all write some appropriate butt-kissing material from now on. Or else. :twisted:

or else what

Or I'll arrive at your house and sh*t on your carpets. Is that what you want? You wanna buy new carpets? I didn't think so. :twisted:
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"

Return to “Character Discussion”