The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

GlittersBlings
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:40 pm

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby GlittersBlings » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:10 pm

Stan is really awesome. :D
HAcoreRD
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:28 pm

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby HAcoreRD » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:17 pm

Stan and cartman had their episode, Two Days Before The Day After Tommorow. They got along, had fun, but Stan later morally objected to Cartman's idea of letting everyone die on the roof (and hoping the animals didn't get hurt).

Stan gets along with everyone, until the point they go against his conscience or he feels his relationship's threatened (Wendy angles).

Stan/Kenny would work if Kenny brought more to the table. Kenny often follows Cartman more than Stan/Kyle, only because he's the wild card of the team, who follows his heart and what he thinks is right, even if it's Cartman's idea.

Stan, however, can manipulate others (IE: Butters, like in the "2 guys naked in a hot tub", but even then at Stan's current character state, he'd only go so far. Only way he'd ever go full manipultive is if someone takes Wendy and he recruits Butters and any other character he sees fit to take/win her back.
GlittersBlings
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:40 pm

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby GlittersBlings » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:03 pm

Stan/Wendy episode would be nice, we already have The List and others from the past season. I agreed, with Stan/Kenny episodes, they haven’t have a screen time together since The Passion of the Jew. Some verbal lines for Kenny would be good for him, according he doesn’t do much.
Reconsummation
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:35 am

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby Reconsummation » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:02 am

HAcoreRD wrote:Stan and cartman had their episode, Two Days Before The Day After Tommorow. They got along, had fun, but Stan later morally objected to Cartman's idea of letting everyone die on the roof (and hoping the animals didn't get hurt).

Stan gets along with everyone, until the point they go against his conscience or he feels his relationship's threatened (Wendy angles).

Stan/Kenny would work if Kenny brought more to the table. Kenny often follows Cartman more than Stan/Kyle, only because he's the wild card of the team, who follows his heart and what he thinks is right, even if it's Cartman's idea.

Stan, however, can manipulate others (IE: Butters, like in the "2 guys naked in a hot tub", but even then at Stan's current character state, he'd only go so far. Only way he'd ever go full manipultive is if someone takes Wendy and he recruits Butters and any other character he sees fit to take/win her back.


That's what makes Stan a great character. He has the great trait of subtle manipulation. He can talk really well. For example, he convinced the Simpsons' kid in Cartoon Wars Pt. 2 that getting Family Guy off the air forever was a bad idea.
- Tom-
203177
Posts: 6599
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:14 am

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby 203177 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:19 pm

Do you guys think that stan speeches always mean something?
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby superiorsavior » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:37 am

They lied to me about this being a stan X Butters episode. Well who cares?

Feast thy eyes on this holy idol of action-stan!

Image
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
jewish pride
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:11 am

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby jewish pride » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:13 am

203177 wrote:Do you guys think that stan speeches always mean something?

huh? what do you mean? :?
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:34 pm

superiorsavior wrote:They lied to me about this being a stan X Butters episode. Well who cares?

Feast thy eyes on this holy idol of action-stan!

Image



Awesome.

*Never thought it'd be a Stan and Butters episode.*

@Jewish_Pride: What he is asking is if you believe that whenever Stan gives a speech about something, there is a point and message that rings true and is solid.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
jewish pride
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:11 am

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby jewish pride » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:44 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:Jewish_Pride: What he is asking is if you believe that whenever Stan gives a speech about something, there is a point and message that rings true and is solid.

oh, thanks

most of the time yes, such as the ones that he gave in timmy 2000 and the biggest douche in the universe (i really liked those)

others i may not have liked what he says that much, such as elementary high school musical or chinpokomon, he follows the fads too much sometimes for my liking (dont know if thats what he meant though)
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:13 pm

ESM was for one reason, fear of losing Wendy. So I don't really count it as while he did things involved with the fad, the motivation was not something that was part of the fad. This is in contrast to Chinpokomon, where his interest and motivation was the fad itself- driven, of course, by every kid's sense of cool.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:28 am

His speeches are as likely to ring true as most of theend speeches in south park. His seem more likely to be the less contraversial libertarian positions though.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
203177
Posts: 6599
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:14 am

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby 203177 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:44 am

I always think that stan speeches do mean something in my opinion, i don't know what else to say. :?
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
203177
Posts: 6599
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:14 am

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby 203177 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:31 pm

What happened to everybody?
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
BluMind
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:58 am

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby BluMind » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:29 pm

I have always favored Stan and his Dad Randy.I would like see an episode if one isnt already made where Stan and Randy are forced to spend time with eachother for a week, and find they get along very well.
203177
Posts: 6599
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:14 am

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby 203177 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:21 pm

Oh yeah that'll make a good episode for the new season. :D
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16

Return to “Character Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests