The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:45 pm

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:
Stovepipe_Jam wrote:
Kyle's_Marklar wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:Because most Stan fans are normal people with lives. I've noticed a good 99.99% of all the other discussions are about random cute things. We prefer intelligent discussion, which puts us at a disadvantage.

What do you expect South Park fans to discuss? This thread is no smarter than the other character discussion threads.

I say Stan fans are the closest to normal, with less extreme traits than other fans. Being a fan of everyone but Cartman, I like to have intelligent discussions, interjected with immaturity every so often. =P

Yea, I edited that post. Stan fans are normal because Stan is normal. =P Cartman fans just talk about how great he is without really having an intelligent conversation and don't even get me started on Kenny fans... I despise Kenny fans. Kyle fans are a bit better than Cartman/ Kenny fans IMO.

Intelligence scale....

Stan Fans
Kyle Fans
Fatass Fans
Kenny Fans
Mr. Derp Fans :P

Bad joke.

Anyway there are a lot of very smart/stupid posters from all the different fandoms, but this is just my general opinion.
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:48 pm

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:Intelligence scale....

Stan Fans
Kyle Fans
Fatass Fans
Kenny Fans

Bad joke.

Anyway there are a lot of very smart/stupid posters from all the different fandoms, but this is just my general opinion.

I agree. People who like Cartman are easily pursuaded by the smallest jokes so no wonder they are so... "smart." I don't know what would attract people to Kenny. He doesn't even talk. And the fans who like Kyle only because they hate Cartman, well how smart can they be if they hate a cartoon character. (no offense S_J, I know you hate him too.) :P
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:50 pm

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:
Stovepipe_Jam wrote:Intelligence scale....

Stan Fans
Kyle Fans
Fatass Fans
Kenny Fans

Bad joke.

I agree. People who like Cartman are easily pursuaded by the smallest jokes so no wonder they are so... "smart." I don't know what would attract people to Kenny fans. He doesn't even talk.

This. :unhoodedkenny:

He's blonde. :P

And...perverted, dies all the time, and funny.

But the intelligence level of a number of his fans is in the lower half of the percentile. :lol:

I am a slight Kenny fan myself, although I'm not a giggling little fangirl type of obsessive fan. He's cool, but just not my cup of tea.
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:02 am

It's actually pretty simple. The smartest fans are the ones who are fans of South Park, the show and aren't obsessed with anyone character in particular. They watch the show for all the characters, not just one.
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:03 am

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:It's actually pretty simple. The smartest fans are the ones who are fans of South Park, the show and aren't obsessed with anyone character in particular. They watch the show for all the characters, not just one.

Or in my case, all but one. :lol:

Back to Stan: Stan has changed dramatically since the beginning of the show. I like the original version of Stan a lot more than the current one.
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:05 am

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:
Kyle's_Marklar wrote:It's actually pretty simple. The smartest fans are the ones who are fans of South Park, the show and aren't obsessed with anyone character in particular. They watch the show for all the characters, not just one.

Back to Stan: Stan has changed dramatically since the beginning of the show. I like the original version of Stan a lot more than the current one.

What sort of change?
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:08 am

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:
Stovepipe_Jam wrote:

What sort of change?

For one thing he doesn't have that lisp anymore. That was funny, in a cute way. ^_^

Also, he's not really a kid-like character anymore. Stan has become too mature and serious for his age, in my opinion.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:09 am

He's become preachy and yet falls to fads quickly. He is fatalistic. He is entirely too intelligent. The list goes on.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:11 am

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:
Kyle's_Marklar wrote:
Stovepipe_Jam wrote:

What sort of change?

For one thing he doesn't have that lisp anymore. That was funny, in a cute way. ^_^

Also, he's not really a kid-like character anymore. Stan has become too mature and serious for his age, in my opinion.

The whole show has become more serious where they tackle on real political issues. I miss the good ol' days... :cry: Also, Cartman has become more evil and due to that, Kyle became more whiny and opiniated. Then there's the change with Stan and Kenny, well... he's just Kenny. He's just a prop.
Last edited by Kyle's_Marklar on Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:12 am

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:
Stovepipe_Jam wrote:
Kyle's_Marklar wrote:
Stovepipe_Jam wrote:

What sort of change?

The whole show has become more serious where they tackle on real issues in the world. I miss the good ol' days... :cry:

:cry: I miss the old South Park... :cry:

*Gets out the photo album and leafs through it*
Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:25 am

:p All of the characters have their charms, but I gravitate mostly toward Cartman, jewfag and hippyfag. <3 Kenny...is a prop, but he has his moments.

I dunno, I like just about everything about South Park ;o; There aren't really any episodes that don't make me laugh (Except for AMLF. That one just confused me beyond reason. I just watched the entire thing in silence, trying to wrap my brain around what it was supposed to mean.) I don't mind that it's become political, because I share a lot of political views that M+T seem to have, and enjoy seeing them in one of the most popular cartoons on TV.

Old Stan VS. New Stan. :d I dunno. I don't mind that he's matured. Sure he's caught up by fads, but he's supposed to be The American Boy. He's the normal kid whose mom reads him bedtime stories and goes to church on sundays and plays videogames with his friends. I don't think that's changed too much.

XD If anything, I think he's turned into a little more of a pussy. Or, at least, is more passive than he used to be.
bugzbunnie6

Postby bugzbunnie6 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:29 am

The only reason Kyle is my favourite is because I relate to him in many ways, not including my dislike for Cartman. :P

Stan has definitely changed since the earlier episodes... He's become more sensitive, mature, and hippy-like. I really wouldn't call him a pussy, though. Stan's just a normal boy in South Park, trying to live his life.
I *Heart* You.
vexille

Postby vexille » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:05 pm

I wouldn't say Stan was passive, given the way he was screaming at them scientologists in "Trapped in the Closet". And he really let Al Gore have it in "Manbearpig" when he called a loser and an assh*le after he endangered Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman's lives in order to alert people about his fantasies. Calm-mannered yes, passive no.
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:27 pm

vexille wrote:I wouldn't say Stan was passive, given the way he was screaming at them scientologists in "Trapped in the Closet". And he really let Al Gore have it in "Manbearpig" when he called a loser and an assh*le after he endangered Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman's lives in order to alert people about his fantasies. Calm-mannered yes, passive no.

Mmm. I guess you're right. It's rare that he actually flies off the handle though, or really shows anger toward very much, compared to the other boys. XD I guess compared to Kyle and Cartman, he's rather passive.

He's definately pretty tolerant, at the very least. :3
MixStan

Postby MixStan » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:56 pm

Stan has a changed a bit over the years but it's a good thing. He's gotten more mature from when the show 1st started. Also he tells more people off who pisses him off. I'm starting to do that a bit now. That's another thing I've got in common with him. ^_^

Return to “Character Discussion”