The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

bizarregoose

Postby bizarregoose » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:28 am

No character reflects the genius of the show's creators more than Stan.

He has an unusually advanced insight into our inadequate, inconsistent, erroneous, and misplaced human values, and can eloquently and quickly express this insight with his fluent command of the English language. He has great wisdom and wit.

His reasoning ability and verbal IQ is uncanny.

Stan is far from being a normal character. He is a mastermind.
StanismyMan

Postby StanismyMan » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:54 pm

Stan is the best of the 4, I have to say, and he's the most emotional one, that's why he's the way he is. He got sad when Wendy broke up with him, and neither Kyle, Kenny, or Cartman know how he felt because only Stan has been in a real relationship......

Stan I have to say, isn't anywhere near normal as some people say he is, but I have to say, next to Kyle, Stan has the most logic in the group, and he's never really mean, or a brat, like Cartman is.
Athena1999 wrote:Camels
PsychoMetroid 3:16

Postby PsychoMetroid 3:16 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:56 pm

I agree with Stan being the best, but what makes him the crybaby? The only time I remember him crying was in "Kenny Dies" and "Raisins."

Cartman is more of the crybaby. He can't take a punch without crying.
StanismyMan

Postby StanismyMan » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:20 pm

I agree with PM, that doesn't make him a crybaby, he really only cryed once on his own, because in Kenny Dies, they all cryed at one point.
Athena1999 wrote:Camels
t1090

Postby t1090 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:19 am

becuase he actually cares more about his freinds than anyone in the world. if you like stan why the hell are you arguing with us?
Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:20 pm

>.> Stan is VERY emotional. He's way more intuitive and introspective than Kyle, who's more logical. He's not the crybaby, or the "pussy", though. Cartman takes the cake on that one.

XD Stan does come pretty close, though, but he just takes things harder than the others. It's not a bad thing. I think it makes him more realistic.
PsychoMetroid 3:16

Postby PsychoMetroid 3:16 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:47 pm

^ True.

Hell, wouldn't you cry if one of your best friends died or you lost your one true love? Look at it that way and put yourself in one of those 2 scenarios.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:48 pm

It also seems, to me, that because of his reactions to things like that he's the one least desensitized to all the bad things in the world, and occasionally he displays an unrealistic hope of making things right (like risking his neck just to return a goat to Afghanistan).
Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:58 pm

iceiwynd wrote:It also seems, to me, that because of his reactions to things like that he's the one least desensitized to all the bad things in the world, and occasionally he displays an unrealistic hope of making things right (like risking his neck just to return a goat to Afghanistan).

:3 His sweet naivety and faith in humanity is what really makes him one of my favorite characters. There just this genuine sincerity about him that I really love. He's bitter, but only because he knows that mankind can do so much more for itself. He really does a good job of filling the Reluctant Hero archetype that Trey seems to like using.

Aww :[ Stan. He's so freaking adorable. *moosh*
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:02 pm

The question is thjis:
At what point does a Reluctant Hero stop? If a RH is often a Hero, and very often is the one who starts the actions needed to become a Hero of his own free will, can we say that he is still a Reluctant Hero?
That's how it's down here on the farm!
misscutiepie1330

Re: stan rules!

Postby misscutiepie1330 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:58 pm

MrGarisson wrote:stan really is the best, but i think that he is the crybaby of the 4

Stan is NO crybaby!! He's just sensitive and emotional, it doesn't mean he is a crybaby, he's only seen crying on two occasions. Take me, for example, I'm extremely sensitive and emotional, yet I have a hard as steel reputation in school because nobody, not even my best buddies, have yet to see me cry (known as the Steel Puppy in school :lol: I think that's just so weird and funny,lol) And anyway, I bet you would cry your ass off if you lost your boy\girlfriend to someone else or one of your best friends died, I sure would, and I think everyone else on the boards would, too.

In conclusion, Stan is not a crybaby, he is just really emotional with this touchy stuff, that's what I love about Stan, he seems like a real person.
Total_Beefcake

Postby Total_Beefcake » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:08 am

You go, MissCutiePie!

I agree, Stan isn't really a crybaby. He's just gone through a lot, making him a very emotional and sensitive guy. Think for a second: He's supposed to be nine years old. Nine year olds cry. Believe me, I have a nine year old brother, I know. Stan is great. *huggles for Stan*
[center]ImageImage
Jimmy made corn into crack? THEN HELL YES, I CARE![/center]
misscutiepie1330

Postby misscutiepie1330 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:12 am

Total_Beefcake wrote:You go, MissCutiePie!

I agree, Stan isn't really a crybaby. He's just gone through a lot, making him a very emotional and sensitive guy. Think for a second: He's supposed to be nine years old. Nine year olds cry. Believe me, I have a nine year old brother, I know. Stan is great. *huggles for Stan*

Thanks, I'm flattered! :) :D Anyway, T_B is totally right, a nine-year-old cries, I have a nephew that's almost nine (weird enough, his name is Stan, too :shock: ) and he's emotional also. His dog died a while ago and he was crying for about a day and a half, I know, damn! But, I'd cry, too, as everyone else would probably do!

Return to “Character Discussion”