The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

yo-bindi

Postby yo-bindi » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:03 pm

stan marsh is the CUTEST boy ever same with kyle,and kenny but stan is the cutest of them all :oops: [/img]
nutmeg218

Postby nutmeg218 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:51 am

Nommel wrote:I'm starting to like Stan more and more, especially since I've started doing fanfics about him.

Well, anyone who does fanfics about a specific character will like them more if they continue writing about them. :lol:
I personally liked Stan from the begining, ever since the first episode I saw (which was Follow that Egg, :o ). I thought he was so innocent and cute not wanting anyone to know that he liked a girl (anymore). Though, I had no idea what significance(spelling?) that episode had in the show for people who like Stan and Wendy.
After I saw Tom's Rhinoplasty and other episodes, I started understanding Stan and Wendy, and actually loved their pairing and got pissed once I saw Raisins. Though Stan and Wendy are great together, they are also good apart, its all what Trey and Matt decide is best for their characters, and us fan boys and girls have no say in what we want the characters to happen. (like Stan/Kyle slash, which I also like.)
yo-bindi

Postby yo-bindi » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:00 am

stan is SO cute and he seems so very inosent (don't care if spelt wrong) all the time because he is so totally the normal one of the group well they all are normal it just seems that he is more normal
Big-Will
Board Moderator

The Second Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby Big-Will » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:13 pm

Time for a new thread, y'all. The old one is huge. The one change is that none of these threads now have armies. DO NOT CREATE A NEW PARTY, DO NOT ASK TO JOIN AN ARMY.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:59 pm

Hooray, a new Stan thread! :D

Stan is now one of my top 10 favorite characters. He's cool.
PsychoMetroid 3:16

Postby PsychoMetroid 3:16 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:05 pm

Stan IS my favorite character on SP. Am I the only one who has the "I learned something today" T-Shirt with Stan on it?
Butters1990

Postby Butters1990 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:08 pm

Image :stanpuke: Image

Stan sorts all there problems out and is the peace bringer.
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:10 pm

Nommel wrote:Stan is now one of my top 10 favorite characters.

o_O Top 10. That's saying something. :P

Stan is a pretty good character. He's just the normal one that's there to set everything straight. He's always the most sane. In Douche and Turd, he's the only person that doesn't get up-in-arms about voting between a douche and a turd. The only time I haven't seen him sane is in Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society in which he was the most insane.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:21 pm

Stan is a great character. Out of all of the characters on South Park, he is the one with the most common sense. He is definitely the natural born leader. I mean sure, once in a while Kyle is the one who leads the group and delivers the message in the end, but Stan plays a much better role as the leader, IMO.

I feel that Stan is the best character who portrays the views and morals of Matt and Trey themselves. Whatever Matt and Trey feel about something, Stan is usually the character that they will use to show it. An example of this is in episodes such as Trapped in the Closet or Manbearpig. In both of these episodes, Stan delivers a speech at the end showing what the creators think of the subject. (in this case it is the 'religion' of Scientology in TITC and the whole thing with Al Gore in MBG).

So, although everyone seems to say that Stan is the most 'normal' character in South Park, I feel that it's because he always seems to keep his cool in the most abnormal of situations. He doesn't freak out easily over things. He always maintains his normalcy, and that's one of the things I love about Stan.
Kenny+Pip

Postby Kenny+Pip » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:46 pm

I think that Stan is an OK leader but he is not the best. But i also think that cartman,Kyle and Stan play even bigger roles than Kenny! Kenny will talk once or twice every episode. His only real episode was entiteld KENNY DIES! But he did play a big part in CARTMANS MUM IS STILL A DIRTY SLUT! And now in the new episodes he hardly ever dies which takes away a major part from him!
I AM A PIP JESUS AND KENNY FAN!
Im looking for a southpark jesus fan banner!

SouthParkMaster66

Postby SouthParkMaster66 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:55 pm

Stan is basically just a normal nine year old kid (unlike Cartman).
He usually sovles the boys' problems the most, Kyle does too but he always wants the easy way out. Stan's pretty cool, but he's not my favourite character.
This is a misfits rejection of a life in submission
MixStan

Postby MixStan » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:07 pm

Finally, a new thread. Stan is my favorite character of all time because I relate to him in so many ways. I find Stan get beaten up by his sister too many times. :lol: Poor Stan.
Kenny+Pip

Postby Kenny+Pip » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:10 pm

Stans sister beats all of them up!
Cat Orgy was a cool episode! :lol:
I AM A PIP JESUS AND KENNY FAN!
Im looking for a southpark jesus fan banner!

crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:33 pm

Stan is definately the one who keeps sane more than anyone else, and usually is the one who keeps his cool better than the other boys. He has a low tolerance for idiocracy, and is the one who often brings in the voice of reason.

I can see why he and Kyle are friends. Kyle seems to be the moral voice of reason, and Stan seems to be the sane, logical voice of reason. He isn't as afraid or as aprehensive about situations as Kyle is, who is often reluctant to do things that he thinks will get him in trouble or that he finds wrong. That's why Stan is a good leader, because he is mentally "stronger" than the other boys. I hope we have a Stan/Kyle friendship episode this season, we need one of those. This season, there's been alot of episodes that focus on the whole group or a couple boys, but not really any that just focus on Stan and maybe one other character. We need one of those episodes.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:33 pm

As I've pointed out before, it's only fair to call Stan "normal" in a relative sense, since being a kid growing up in a place like South Park implies a certain degree of abnormality by default. I think of Stan as the toughest character all around, both physically and mentally. Not only has he absorbed a great deal of punishment from his abusive older sister, he has also been through all sorts of adventures, experiences, and personal conflicts that probably would have driven anyone else to the brink of insanity.

It's not at all a bad trait for a leader to have.

Return to “Character Discussion”