The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

MixStan

Postby MixStan » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:35 pm

Stan had a very good role in that Trapped in the Closet. Stan is a very good leader. He's the only normal one. And he's very kind to animals.
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:04 pm

Stan is usually the one who portrays morals when Kyle becomes afraid of getting in trouble. He and Kyle say what's right and wrong in most situations. Sometimes it's Kyle, sometimes it's Stan and sometimes it's both. It all depends on what's happening.

Stan is usually the voice of reason when it pertains to religious issues. Passion of the Jew, Super Best Friends and TITC are good examples of this. In Super Best Friends, he leaves before anything bad happens. Kyle eventually leaves, but it was too late. The only time I really remember Kyle being the voice of reason when it comes to religious issues is in The Return of Chef. He's the one, in the end, to tell everyone what's right, and give his reason. He usually isn't biased to his beliefs.

Although Kyle or Stan can be the voice of reason on political issues, Stan is usually the one that explains things for what he believes. Kyle's attention wouldn't be brought to it, unless Cartman didn't do anything in most cases. Kyle was the voice of reason in Cartoon Wars. If it wasn't for Cartman's outburst, he would've never fought for it. Stan didn't vote because he didn't see the point in Douche and Turd. He didn't see the point in voting, so he didn't want to vote. People tried to force him to vote, but he didn't do it because he was standing up for what he thought was right.

Kyle is usually the most sane when it comes to telling people to stop doing something. In the Jeffersons, he was telling everyone how they should stay away from Mr Jefferson, and how he should start taking care of his kid. His role in Butt Out was good, too. He told everyone to stop smoking, and he told the boys how they should own up to what they did. Stan usually isn't as passionate about it as Kyle is. Stan went along with everything in Butt Out, but in the Jeffersons, he was agreeing with Kyle. He wasn't as supportive of it, but he did agree with him.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:35 pm

stan always the kid who says ive learned sonething today. i think kyle is the more stand up for wat u beleive in and stan for delivering the moral and being the snartest and sorting things.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:33 pm

Kyle's the one who gets angry way easier than Stan, and his limits have to be pushed way more, like after a bunch of crap he's been through (like in Manbearpig. Everyone else was exhausted and Stan just started screaming :B).

Although yeah, he does seem to be the most normal out of all of them. That's the first word I associate him with. He doesn't really have any outstanding features about him like his friends do.

In addition to frequently being the voice of reason, he's also the most adventurous of them all, I think. It was shown in Christmas in Canada, when he kept on whining about not getting a Christmas adventure. He seems to be the one to have to convince the other boys to have to go along with something when they don't really care, like in Manbearpig once again (god, I wish I could think of some other episodes, but I'm so braindead right now).

But yeah, he definitely tends to be the leader. He and Kyle do switch places frequently but it seems to mostly be Stan. He's had quite a few episodes to himself recently: Bloody Mary, Trapped in the Closet, Douche and Turd... They're all pretty big on him. I've always thought of him as the main kid out of all of them, and his heavily centered episodes confirm this. Whenever there's, like, a Cartman-centered episode, the other kids are still in it for a decent amount, but a heavy Stan episode typically has him and the other kids for... a minute or two only.

Ohoh. Part of what makes Stan seem the most normal of the group ist he fact that he acts more like a kid than any of them do. Kyle has abnormally strong morals, Cartman's a baby at times, and a total genius at others, and Kenny's more sexually active than they are, whereas Stan just wants people to be happy, animals to be happy, and to avoid getting into trouble. It's really cute. :D
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:35 pm

I think Kyle tries to stay out of trouble more then Stan does. The only time I've ever seen Kyle say they should own up to what they've done is in Butt Out. Stan usually isn't that afraid of getting in trouble. He wasn't scared going into Mr. Mackey's office for TPing a house, and he went into Motivation Corp. knowing he would get in trouble if he was seen in there.

Stan can take abnormally strong stances. He wouldn't vote in Douche and Turd even if it meant being kicked out of town. His stance in the Passion of the Jew to get $18 was abnormal, too. I couldn't see anyone spending that much money, and working that hard to get $18. Even if someone did that, I couldn't see anyone feeling as though they shouldn't take more money because they needed the bus tickets to get there, and I would feel as though he should pay for that.

He's definitely the most adventurous out of all of them. He's usually the one that suggest the group goes on one. That's what makes him the leader of the group. Whenever says "C'mon you guys," everyone follows him. I don't think he's the main kid, though. All of them have equal parts in the show as a whole. If anyone has a larger role then the others it would be Cartman. Although a lot of his episodes have the other boys involved in the plot, there are more Cartman-centered episodes then Stan-centered episodes.

I like most episodes that are centered around him. Those are usually good episodes. I want to see some of them in the second half of this season. Those are often religious episodes, and I would love to see another religious episode.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
Kenny+Pip

Postby Kenny+Pip » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:39 pm

I dunno Stan is the least favriout of the four boys i like but he is OK!
I AM A PIP JESUS AND KENNY FAN!
Im looking for a southpark jesus fan banner!

yo-bindi

Postby yo-bindi » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:22 pm

stan,kyle,and kenny are the best but stan is my all-time FAVORITE of the four boys
butters489

Postby butters489 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:29 pm

Stan brings a nice sense of normality to the group.

yo-bindi

Postby yo-bindi » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:41 pm

yeah stan is like the totaly normal one of the group
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:21 am

Okay, I didn't word that correctly. I didn't mean he wants to totally stay out of trouble, he just wants to weasel out of it and avoid getting caught. Kyle would rather own up, he's got a bit more of a conscience (Toilet Paper). Whereas in, like, Two Days, Stan was attempting to keep out of trouble by not owning up to the fact that it was his fault, whereas Kyle was trying to get him to do so.

All of the stances you mentioned for Stan, though, were related directly to himself. Passion of the Jew, he wanted HIS money back. Douche and Turd, it was HIM who was being forced to vote. Whereas with Kyle in Cartoon Wars, he travelled to Los Angeles and the Fox studios and fought with Cartman for a long while for something that effected more than him, it effected pretty much the whole country (world?). Free Willzyx, Kyle was pretty much the leader in sending the whale to the moon.

Also, I know that Stan isn't the main kid, that's just what I tend to see him as.
yo-bindi

Postby yo-bindi » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:09 am

having a new stan thread is awesome!!!
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:36 pm

Changing the subject a little bit, but have you guys noticed that Stan hasn't really done much this season yet?

I mean sure, he tried to convince Kyle's family to come back by writing that 'gay little song' in Smug Alert, and he gave a speech at the end of Manbearpig. He also equally helped in trying to help his friend Chef, but overal he hasn't really been in the spotlight much. I guess it's just because Matt and Trey wanted to focus on other things, like Kyle/Cartman interaction and killing off Chef and all of that.

I'm pretty sure that Stan will have some bigger roles in the second half of season ten though. If they did another episode concerning a certain religion, Stan will most likely play the lead role, since he has done so in previous episodes. (Bloody Mary, Trapped in the Closet, etc.)

Also...this has been mentioned over at the Kyle Discussion Thread, but I'd like to see more Kyle/Stan friendship scenes in the newer episodes. Let's face it, those two are just so adorable when they act all 'best friend-ish' (XD) together. ^_^
Rooster_Costume

Postby Rooster_Costume » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:29 pm

Yeah, I did notice. He had two episodes to himself in the second half of season nine, and I think that's part of the reason why. There wasn't that much Cartman/Kyle interraction in the second half of season nine, so I think they felt the need to put some of that in there. He was a big part in Manbearpig, because without him, they would have never even gone with Al Gore to the Cave of the Winds.

I'm expecting to see more Stan in the second half of the season. He tends to be the voice of reason, so I think they're gonna need him. He does tend to be in the religious episodes, and I think we're gonna see one of them in the second half. He could also be involved in an episode about how f*cking stupidly racist politicians have been lately (What the f*ck is "Makaka"?). :roll:
PM me for my AIM SN. Lurkers are a bitch.
yo-bindi

Postby yo-bindi » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:27 am

sorry about getting off the subject but the thing is that stan has not done much stuff in this season
MixStan

Postby MixStan » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:37 pm

Hopefully Stan gets more roles in the 2nd half of Season 10. In Seasn 9 he had great roles.

Return to “Character Discussion”