The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby 203177 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:14 pm

yeah there was one scene in part 1 where they were.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:22 pm

No i mean in the preview that was on just before the mid season started there was a small clip with stan & kyle and some mosquito thing, in that clip were they dressed in the superhero outfits or normal clothes,if they were in there normal clothes it may not be from the upcoming episode.there i think that makes sense lol.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Some Anchovies

Postby Some Anchovies » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:19 am

You guys don't like that it's a 3 parter?

I'm impartial to which characters have a main role in most episodes. So if a character I like is or isn't the main character has no interrelation with me liking or disliking an episode. I like episodes that have good story structure, that isn't so prototypical of a south park episode. This 3 parter is one that I really like. Part 1 wanted me to see Part 2, and when I saw Part 2, I liked what went on in the episode, but it really got me interested in Part 3. Although Part 2 didn't actually travel much distance plot wise, it set the tone and bar for forshadowing, and implemented a very significant piece to what the 3rd one will become. What I liked most was the Character Interaction and emotional confrontation Part 2 had in its story line.

Plus, I feel like this episode is extracting way more about Kenny than we thought he had. Kenny has been known as sort of a lamp-like character, with not much impact in his roles, and sort of a stand in character who came in and out every once in a while. Now I feel like we are finding way more about Kenny than we ever thought we could, and that's one piece that makes this Saga so interesting to me. It's revealing more about a character than an episode ever has in the past. And, I guessed all of the Character's Identities in the Kyle thread correctly. So I'm definitely interested and intrigued by this story enough to analyze the identities of the characters.

Can't wait for Part 3! :wink:
South Park Chat Room
Sleep Mode - [On]:Off
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:33 am

Some Anchovies wrote:You guys don't like that it's a 3 parter?

I'm impartial to which characters have a main role in most episodes. So if a character I like is or isn't the main character has no interrelation with me liking or disliking an episode. I like episodes that have good story structure, that isn't so prototypical of a south park episode. This 3 parter is one that I really like. Part 1 wanted me to see Part 2, and when I saw Part 2, I liked what went on in the episode, but it really got me interested in Part 3. Although Part 2 didn't actually travel much distance plot wise, it set the tone and bar for forshadowing, and implemented a very significant piece to what the 3rd one will become. What I liked most was the Character Interaction and emotional confrontation Part 2 had in its story line.

Plus, I feel like this episode is extracting way more about Kenny than we thought he had. Kenny has been known as sort of a lamp-like character, with not much impact in his roles, and sort of a stand in character who came in and out every once in a while. Now I feel like we are finding way more about Kenny than we ever thought we could, and that's one piece that makes this Saga so interesting to me. It's revealing more about a character than an episode ever has in the past. And, I guessed all of the Character's Identities in the Kyle thread correctly. So I'm definitely interested and intrigued by this story enough to analyze the identities of the characters.

Can't wait for Part 3! :wink:

First, the fact we have both lived in Illinois and Wyoming scares me.

Secondly, my personal dislike of the three parter has nothing to do with who is the main in it. I just think that Matt and Trey can't resist the urge to go too serious for three straight episodes, while delving into a complicated plot.

Yet I still liked the first two parts, a 9 and 8.5 respectively.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
NinjaSkittles

Postby NinjaSkittles » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:42 am

James--76 wrote:No i mean in the preview that was on just before the mid season started there was a small clip with stan & kyle and some mosquito thing, in that clip were they dressed in the superhero outfits or normal clothes,if they were in there normal clothes it may not be from the upcoming episode.there i think that makes sense lol.

I haven't seen the commercial so idk if they were in their outfits or normal clothes. I don't know if it will be a clip or not though. Although ppl said there was a scene with coon and friends meeting and a scene where cartman was in a hospital bed and butters was beside him and those all came true from that commercial. So idk.
Some Anchovies

Postby Some Anchovies » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:53 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:First, the fact we have both lived in Illinois and Wyoming scares me.

Secondly, my personal dislike of the three parter has nothing to do with who is the main in it. I just think that Matt and Trey can't resist the urge to go too serious for three straight episodes, while delving into a complicated plot.

Yet I still liked the first two parts, a 9 and 8.5 respectively.

Ha, what's so scary about it? I wouldn't ever want to move to Washington, so you don't have to be afraid of that :lol:. The only reason I moved to Wyoming is for school, and I'm getting the hell outta here once it's over :wink:

That's true about 3 parters in South Park. But I'm hoping this one is as consistent as the first 2.
South Park Chat Room
Sleep Mode - [On]:Off
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:08 am

NinjaSkittles wrote:i found it funny how stan turned on his drill everytime he said his name. And in the next episode does anyone think him and kyle are going to be sent to another demension? because people said in a premiere commercial for second half of season 14 that stan and kyle were seen with a mosquito looking thing that looks like those monsters from another demension. I haven't seen that commercial myself but just wondering.

I loved Stan's stance when they said 'Tool Shed'!! He looked too cute, revving up the drill. :mrgreen:

Tool Shed!!

PS: Am I the only one who digs Stan's new shoes?
Last edited by Stanluv25 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:10 am

Stan would make a good super hero. He already has a pose that isn't just standing around in a funny way.
That's how it's down here on the farm!

Postby 203177 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:12 am

your obsessed with stans poses arent you stanluv25? :lol: no i like his shoes too

Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:22 am

Remember, I am just a huge fan who gets excited easily. But I wouldn't call it 'obsession'. Maybe it is... but it's not in an unhealthy way. :wink:

Haa, I love that line.

Postby 203177 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:30 pm

i guess we cam call it that then :) heres another cute shot i took of him http://s494.photobucket.com/albums/rr30 ... g&newest=1

Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:45 am

^ sooo cute! :mrgreen:

Haa, I love that line.
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:17 pm

I like Stan, even if he hasn't done a lot of things in the last ep.
In October, I already wanna wish you a Merry Christmas... mwahaha! ~~

Postby 203177 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:43 pm

thank you stanluv25 8)

Mart909

Postby Mart909 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:30 pm

Shane H and Some Anchovies - maybe you can have a SP Fans reunion there, LOL!

203177 - thanks for sharing your shots of Stan. Those shots of our lovable SP boys (esp. Stan and Kyle) show us things that we don't catch when we're watching them on TV. They're always nice to see. Why, I wouldn't even have noticed Stan's shoes were it not for that pic!
I'm a Kyle and Stan Fan!

Officially a SP Fan since 2010. (January 2010)

Return to “Character Discussion”