The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Re: The Second Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby 203177 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:15 am

I don't know but i don't see much of a difference. This is just my opinion.

Code:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:55 am

Just to jump on a different tangent real quick, how funny would it be to have Stan talking to Wendy, and he just barfs in the middle of things, and goes right back to talking.
ie;
W: Stan, what did you do over Christmas Break?
S: I went to visit my family in Denver. Every year, mom says, "this could be your Great Grandmother Kimball's last Christmas", stand by... *Blarrghh* ...and every year she's still there. I got a pretty good haul though.

Postby 203177 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:57 pm

That would make a funny episode. :lol:

Code:

candies

Postby candies » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:04 pm

It seems Stan doesn't really hate Cartman as Kyle does.
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
WhatevaIWaunt

Postby WhatevaIWaunt » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:41 pm

candies wrote:It seems Stan doesn't really hate Cartman as Kyle does.

Uh....yeah. Everyone who watches South Park knows that.
I don't think Stan and Kyle are less friends than they used to be. If anything, I think they're even better friends than before. True, they're not shown together as much, but that's only in the weaker episodes, where the plot is kind of forced and therefore the two of them are apart. However, I think that in the episodes in which they are together, they show even deeper friendship than ever before in the series. For example, in the Imaginationland trilogy, even though the plot wasn't about Stan and Kyle's friendship, their friendship is still very evident, and very strong.
tanktank

Postby tanktank » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:57 pm

i didn't read everything here.so if anyone said something about stan dieing.well.no no no no.rip,chef and not rip ms.crabtree.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:25 am

vexille wrote:Cartman would love to have some outgoing person like Stan as his buddy. If only he could cut the cord between him and Kyle, then perhaps Stan might be fair game to him. Perhaps.

That'd be awesome for an episode idea, similiar to Casa Bonita in a sense, plus we get another stan/Kyle feud going.

I read that another poster felt S/K's friendship was weakening, The Guitar hero episode axed that theory, showing how strong it is, Imaginationland III further proves this.

Kenny seems distant friends to all 3, like a neutral party. If he chooses to partake in the subject, he picks his 'friends' based on his morals. Since Eric's morals are that of hitler's, Kenny sides with S/K more often.

Though he picked Eric as his BFF, likely because Stan/Kyle are BFF's and he never considered Clyde, Craig or Butters.
WhatevaIWaunt

Postby WhatevaIWaunt » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:09 pm

HAcoreRD wrote:
vexille wrote:Cartman would love to have some outgoing person like Stan as his buddy. If only he could cut the cord between him and Kyle, then perhaps Stan might be fair game to him. Perhaps.

That'd be awesome for an episode idea, similiar to Casa Bonita in a sense, plus we get another stan/Kyle feud going.

I read that another poster felt S/K's friendship was weakening, The Guitar hero episode axed that theory, showing how strong it is, Imaginationland III further proves this.

Kenny seems distant friends to all 3, like a neutral party. If he chooses to partake in the subject, he picks his 'friends' based on his morals. Since Eric's morals are that of hitler's, Kenny sides with S/K more often.

Though he picked Eric as his BFF, likely because Stan/Kyle are BFF's and he never considered Clyde, Craig or Butters.

Also, even though he hates Cartman's morals, the two have similar opinions on some things, such as the butt picture in "How to Eat with your Butt", where they both thought it was hilarious, but Stan and Kyle thought it was stupid.

Postby 203177 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:12 am

Yeah i agree with that.

Code:

HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:54 am

Well said, Kenny and Cartman seem to share a common flavor of jokes, though it can be considered immaturity, seeing as Stan/Kyle act the most mature.

I notice Kyle rarely sees any humor in Cartman, Stan isn't far behind.

Like in Cherokee Hair tampons, Kenny, Cartman and Stan all found pretending to be eachother was funny, though the class didn't react (making you wonder if Kyle would've reacted as well).

Thinking of it, Stan did find humor in Cartman's fake Tourettes, his hand as J'Lo, and his Famous "Kyle's mom is a b*tch" song. Heck, did Kyle ever laugh at anything Cartman did, excluding egging him on to jump off his roof in "Cartman's Gift"?
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:32 am

I think Kyle and Cartman's hatred is far deeper and darker than anyone bout those to can possibly understand and so Stan doesn't quite see a reason to hate fatty, plus Stan probably gets the least sh*t from Cartman out of anyone.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
Pip303

Postby Pip303 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:38 am

polymorph wrote:I think Kyle and Cartman's hatred is far deeper and darker than anyone bout those to can possibly understand and so Stan doesn't quite see a reason to hate fatty, plus Stan probably gets the least sh*t from Cartman out of anyone.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up.
Stan x Wendy for life!

Favorite Character- Kyle
Favorite Episode- The List
louisvuittonxo

Postby louisvuittonxo » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:34 pm

AHA. ONE OF MY FAVE CHARACTORS! <3
hi! i'm sedore!
let's smoke a fattie together :]

Postby 203177 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:13 am

I think so too polymorph.

Code:

Mrs Stan Marsh

Postby Mrs Stan Marsh » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:36 am

Getting ready to start Season 8! I now have all SP seasons on DVD! Hooray!!

Stan is officially my fav...absolutely the peacekeeper. I can relate to him on so many levels. But Kyle runs the close second!

LONG LIVE SOUTH PARK!

Return to “Character Discussion”