The Official Stan Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

HAcoreRD

Re: The Second Official Stan Discussion Thread

Postby HAcoreRD » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:58 pm

Hmm, he did support Eric in "Fat Butt and Pancake head"

He and Kenny applauded Cartman at the assembly and Stan did play with Cartman (wait, why am I talking to your hand)? Plus Stan did stand up for Eric when he thought he seriously couldn't control his hand's action anymore.

Postby 203177 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:21 pm

Yeah i noticed that. So this means that Stan and Kenny do have some support for Cartman which i'm guessing.

Code:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
WhatevaIWaunt

Postby WhatevaIWaunt » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:27 am

ushankasrockmysocks wrote:
WhatevaIWaunt wrote:Hey, reading this, I just noticed that although Cartman and Kyle are enemies, Stan and Cartman are much more of complete opposites. Even though Cartman and Kyle hate each other's guts, they have more than a few similarities, whereas just about every trait of Cartman's is the opposite of those of Stan's.
How so? I'm not saying I don't agree, I'm just saying I don't know what you're thinking of. What makes you say that?

Well, the opposite of everything that makes Cartman Cartman is what makes Stan, Stan. Cartman is cunning, manipulative, vicious, intolerant and crude. Stan is blatantly over-honest, extremely blunt, unable to lie, is barely ever very fired up or nasty about anything (just very disrespectful), very accepting and very mature for his age. On the other hand, both Kyle and Cartman are very quick-tempered, high-strung, sharp-tougued, have a poor sense of the importance of matters, and do alot of convincing. Kyle also does have manipulation skills, although he never uses them to his advantage.
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:26 am

WhatevaIWaunt wrote:
ushankasrockmysocks wrote:
WhatevaIWaunt wrote:Hey, reading this, I just noticed that although Cartman and Kyle are enemies, Stan and Cartman are much more of complete opposites. Even though Cartman and Kyle hate each other's guts, they have more than a few similarities, whereas just about every trait of Cartman's is the opposite of those of Stan's.
How so? I'm not saying I don't agree, I'm just saying I don't know what you're thinking of. What makes you say that?

Well, the opposite of everything that makes Cartman Cartman is what makes Stan, Stan. Cartman is cunning, manipulative, vicious, intolerant and crude. Stan is blatantly over-honest, extremely blunt, unable to lie, is barely ever very fired up or nasty about anything (just very disrespectful), very accepting and very mature for his age. On the other hand, both Kyle and Cartman are very quick-tempered, high-strung, sharp-tougued, have a poor sense of the importance of matters, and do alot of convincing. Kyle also does have manipulation skills, although he never uses them to his advantage.

Stan probably lies more than Kyle. Such as in "Two days before the day after tommorow" when Stan only tells the truth when things get to absurd and in "Toilet Paper" when Stan goes along with the plan and Kyle notibly is the one who can't't conceal the truth. Also Stan seems to have much more lenincy when it comes to manipulating people for his own ends "Trapped in the Closet" "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" and he was usually the first person to bring up the Kenny would have done it to Butters.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
WhatevaIWaunt

Postby WhatevaIWaunt » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:53 pm

polymorph wrote:
Stan probably lies more than Kyle. Such as in "Two days before the day after tommorow" when Stan only tells the truth when things get to absurd and in "Toilet Paper" when Stan goes along with the plan and Kyle notibly is the one who can't't conceal the truth. Also Stan seems to have much more lenincy when it comes to manipulating people for his own ends "Trapped in the Closet" "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce" and he was usually the first person to bring up the Kenny would have done it to Butters.

As I have said before, Urinal Deuce simply cannot count as he has never, ever acted anything like that before. And he didn't manipulate anyone in "Trapped in the Closet", it was the Scientology Head manipulating him into lying for money. And although he said "Kenny would've done it" to Butters, that's only one part of all the stuff that he, Cartman, and Kyle did to Butters, the other kids did just as much as he did, for example, Cartman always threatened Butters with their "friendship", and Kyle always insulted him if he didn't do what they wanted. I agree that Stan does lie more than Kyle, and he certainly has character flaws, just like the others, but manipulation is a trait he simply does not posess, he's the least manipulative of all the kids, even though he doesn't have as high morals as Kyle.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:12 pm

Yeah Kyle and Stan where quite mean to butters in season 6 but now they get on better
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:55 pm

WhatevaIWaunt wrote:
polymorph wrote:

As I have said before, Urinal Deuce simply cannot count as he has never, ever acted anything like that before. And he didn't manipulate anyone in "Trapped in the Closet", it was the Scientology Head manipulating him into lying for money. And although he said "Kenny would've done it" to Butters, that's only one part of all the stuff that he, Cartman, and Kyle did to Butters, the other kids did just as much as he did, for example, Cartman always threatened Butters with their "friendship", and Kyle always insulted him if he didn't do what they wanted. I agree that Stan does lie more than Kyle, and he certainly has character flaws, just like the others, but manipulation is a trait he simply does not posess, he's the least manipulative of all the kids, even though he doesn't have as high morals as Kyle.

Just because he's never acted like that before doesn't mean that incedent just doesn't exist. It happened even if it was the exception not the rule it all counts. And Stan isn't the least manipulative of the boys, he is less manipulative than Kyle or Cartman, but you forgot about poor little Kenny :unhoodedkenny:

Postby 203177 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:48 pm

i agree with polymorph.

Code:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:58 pm

203177 wrote:i agree with polymorph.

Code:

That's nice, but doesn't add anything to the thread. I'm gonna start giving 1-day bans for this. You're first.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
WhatevaIWaunt

Postby WhatevaIWaunt » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:26 pm

polymorph wrote:
WhatevaIWaunt wrote:
polymorph wrote:

Just because he's never acted like that before doesn't mean that incedent just doesn't exist. It happened even if it was the exception not the rule it all counts. And Stan isn't the least manipulative of the boys, he is less manipulative than Kyle or Cartman, but you forgot about poor little Kenny :unhoodedkenny:

Oh yeah duh. He's a lot less manipulative than Cartman, and a little less manipulative than Kyle, but more manipulative than Kenny. I wasn't really thinking of Kenny, because he was absent in season 6, the season in which the boys were on average the meanest.
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:43 pm

^They were the meanist in season six weren't they, I'd say it was because they were placing all there frustration from Kenny's death on poor Butters'. Intrestingly though they didn't seem to torment Tweek as, but that's probably because Tweek is just a little less gullible.
WhatevaIWaunt

Postby WhatevaIWaunt » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:28 am

polymorph wrote:^They were the meanist in season six weren't they, I'd say it was because they were placing all there frustration from Kenny's death on poor Butters'. Intrestingly though they didn't seem to torment Tweek as, but that's probably because Tweek is just a little less gullible.

Yeah, and anyway, they had gotten nice again near the end of season 6, and were already nicer when Tweek came.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:37 am

Stan & Kyle where still nicer than cartman was they stopped jared from getting hanged,it was stans idea to save the baby cows in fun with viel, it was just butters they where nasty to but cartman was just his normal self.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:17 am

Stan i think does lie more than Kyle, but only when it's covering his own butt.

"Good times with Weapons", "Two days before the day after Tommorow", "Toilet Paper" show Stan going along with lying. (Weapons wasn't as much as a lie but if they were honest and right they'd not go out of their way to cover up the shuriken).

In "Mystery of the Urinal Deuce", Stan didn't exactly lie, he just played part with the Government since they'd cover up him crapping in the toilet.

Stan lies, but usaully it's in good judgment, unless he's backed against a wall. It seems Stan's very spontaneous when backed in a corner, and can be a loose cannon when stressed.
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:53 am

HAcoreRD wrote:Stan i think does lie more than Kyle, but only when it's covering his own butt.

And that makes it better how? :?

Return to “Character Discussion”