Will Stan and Wendy...

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Georgia Athanaileas

will stan and wendy get back together?

Postby Georgia Athanaileas » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:53 am

nah. they should move on, like people in real life.
Supaa-Seto

Postby Supaa-Seto » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:12 am

Oneirogenic wrote:>o> South Park doesn't need any more romance. I mean...Stan DID stop paying attention to Wendy after awhile, because it was nonesential to the episodes. To put them back together or to bring in another girl would be weird, regardless of Trey's on personal life, ESPECIALLY since the series has taken an even more topical approach in recent seasons. It's just not necessary, at least within the series.

(Did you know that somewhere, Trey said Stan was probably going to grow up gay? 8D)

sorry for the late reply >.> but srsly, I totally agree with you, in everything I've ever seen you say on these forums xD;; but yeah, in this case too =P

and trey said that? sweet jesus WHERE?? >.>
xime_kennylover

Postby xime_kennylover » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:22 am

i don't think stan and wendy are right for each other
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:03 pm

Even if they don't get back together, I just wish they could be on friendly terms, but then again, that's just me taking the show too seriously. I enjoyed the occasional Stan/Wendy episode back in the day and the main reason I kinda wish they'd get back together is because I'd still enjoy seeing the occasional episode like that. No, it's not necessary, but I think it'd be nice. The show's still good either way and their relationship was always just a minor aspect of it. I look forward to future solo appearances by Wendy though; hopefully they'll be as good as Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset.
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:29 pm

Hmm. Let's see..

I'm pretty apathetic, actually, when it comes to any future Wendy appearances, or the will they-won't they S/W thing now. After last year's whole ruckus on the BBS (oy oy OY), I decided that even though Wendy's one of my favorite characters, I just really didn't need to bother caring about what they'd do with her next.

It's obvious that South Park is still from a boy's point of view, and you know, you can't have a girl in a group of four boys. That's how it's been.

Fanfiction, though..go wild. I wrote Stan and Wendy as being together in my first fic that came out in early '04, though I had planned bits of it for some time. I didn't want to change it though just because of one trivial episode like "Raisins".

Unfortunately, when it comes to SP fanfiction though, there are a lot of canon nazis who want everything to be EXACTLY like the show. Thus, if you DARE pair S/W together or violate/crap on Matt and Trey's 'perfect work' in any way, you're a 'fanbrat', 'not a true fan', and many other derogatory things. I learned that the hard way, and I still am, despite having not been active in fic-writing for a long while. Let's just say there's this 'woman' (more like a bitch) who feels it necessary to keep getting on my back and accusing me of 'not getting over' being mocked by her (well, not if you keep doing it NOW!)

Pairings are a lot more fun to do in fanfiction, indeed. And yes, I can remember the furor over the Digimon 02 ending as well. The Takeru/Hikari (or TK and Kari) fans were pissed as well, along with the Taichi/Sora and Koushirou (Izzy!) and Mimi (as well as the Jou/Mimi) fans.

There's still a bit of a war between the 'Taiora' and 'Sorato' factions to this day, last I checked. Can you imagine if South Park had an ending like 02 (ie: one that's quite a cop-out and feels slapped on at the last minute, with pairings that cause the internet to break in half)? :lol: That'd be scary.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:37 pm

I was a Digimon fan and a Taiora supporter back in 2001. I eventually lost interest quite some time after Sorato "won." I guess that's the one downside to a pairing being canon; it's more fun to leave everything to the imagination of the fanfic authors. It opens more fanfic possibilities when there are no canon pairings but several suggestions of potential pairings. I continued to write Stan/Wendy fanfics in a post-Raisins era of South Park, not caring what people thought of me for it. Right now, I'm working on a fanfic in which Stan and Wendy are still broken up as this is crucial in driving the plot, but don't be surprised if Stan and Wendy are together again in a later fic. It'll be on and off in my fics as I see fit.
Jello_Biafra

Postby Jello_Biafra » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:50 am

Trey and Matt might want to do a sketch of Wendy dating one of the boys, and Stan and this friend "fight"over the girl. Something gay like that.
"Six words Lisa, 'I'm not gay, but I'll learn.'" Homer Simpson

"How do you speak my language?" Adam West

"This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." Randall; Clerks
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:01 pm

They sort of did that in Follow That Egg, except Kyle didn't really like Wendy and was only working with her on a project, but Stan got all jealous anyway.

Return to “Character Discussion”