Is Cartman GAY?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

HxLxY

Re: Is Cartman GAY?

Postby HxLxY » Sat May 10, 2008 2:43 am

candies wrote:He's has gender problems.

Yeah he does! :cartmansad:
Let's get f*cked up and die.
HxLxY

Postby HxLxY » Sat May 10, 2008 3:17 am

Idk if this was mentioned before, and I really don't want to read through this entire thread, so please bear with me... I found a qoute that is kind of interesting (But it's only interesting if Cartman knew what he was saying...)

This is from the episode "Make Love, Not Warcraft":

Clyde - "I'm just gonna stop playing."
Cartman - "When Hitler rose to power there were a lot of people who just stopped playing. You know who those people were? The French! Are you French, Clyde?"
Clyde - "No."
Cartman - "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, Clyde?"
Clyde - "All right all right, I'll do it!"

"Voulez-vous choucher avec moi" means "Do you want to sleep with me?"
Let's get f*cked up and die.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat May 10, 2008 8:53 am

Yeah, but when I was eight, I'd throw that out in conversation without even knowing what it meant. In High School I even turned it into a running gag. Anytime anyone mentioned France, or anything French there I was with "Well, voulez vous coucher avec moi!" I knew what it meant by then though.
Softy

Postby Softy » Tue May 13, 2008 10:24 am

sorry if somebody said this before, havnt read whole thread, in Le Petit Tourette, S11E8, when cartman cant control what he says, he says that he is secretly in love with patty nelson, there you goo.. now please stop coming up with ideas that cartman is gay cos this pretty much proves he isnt
Softy

Postby Softy » Tue May 13, 2008 4:10 pm

PS.

If you were joking when you said cartman was gay: lol ^^

If you was serious: for god sakes retard he's 9 ! >.< what i've heard most people thats bisexual or gay founds out when they're around 14 years old
candies

Postby candies » Tue May 13, 2008 8:48 pm

My point exactly. In the episode " The List" he believe that girls has balls when Butters kicked that girl legs, so he has to be confused with both females and males genders, people just don't understand his confusions.
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
Jonas

Postby Jonas » Wed May 14, 2008 1:19 am

i
Last edited by Jonas on Wed May 14, 2008 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonas

Postby Jonas » Wed May 14, 2008 1:20 am

Personally I think that the twisted form of homoeroticism Cartman displays is just a means which the creators use to depict his lack of moral character. Cartman is the amoral villain in the show and of course necessary for heightened entertainment value in the show. If one makes a note of it, almost everytime he displays homosexual tendencies it is because it will be degrading for his friends to either "suck his balls" (kyle) or be exposed in their sleep with humiliating postures(butters), not because he actually wants to "be" with either men or women. This and the fact that he has no understanding of what "sex" is whatsoever makes for an excellent way to buildd and further expand his character. Seeing as it's Cartman we're talking about here this is of course a turn for the worse...in the best sense of the phrase. Other examples like the one with Britney is just comic relief. There are also hetero sexual tendencies in Cartman. In the episode where Bebe gets her new set of tits for example he reenacts a scene from "Silence of the lambs" where he is tormenting a girl...even though it is devoid of eplicit sexual innuendo in South Park, the original movie-scene stems from a heterosexual fantasy.
NVR2MUCHSP

Postby NVR2MUCHSP » Thu May 15, 2008 6:38 am

There is no way in hell that CARTMAN is gay, the kid who made scott tenerman EAT HIS OWN PARENTS, and lets not for get the episode that him and wendy kissed. Tell me he wasnt fallin for wendy!!!! He is also an entreprneur who will do anything to get some cash or maybe be considered a KING of the sea people. CMON THERE IS NO WAY THAT CARTMAN IS GAY!!!!!!
mahaman50

Postby mahaman50 » Sat May 17, 2008 4:13 am

i dont think so but he also wanted kyle to suk his balls in imaginationland

you probably find out ur sexuallity during puberty
butt i no im totally girl crazed
oh my god they killed Kenny you bastards
Summer_warmth_24

Postby Summer_warmth_24 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:20 pm

Two words,

Hell no.

:cartmanangry:
Megamaxx5000

Postby Megamaxx5000 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:33 pm

I don't think so because in the paris hilton episode he got pissed off when none of the girls acknowledged him, and in the list he said "chicks think im buff" or something like that
BatistaFan

Postby BatistaFan » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:29 pm

He is super super gay. :cartmansad:
Essey

Postby Essey » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:47 pm

I thought I posted in this thread? Oh well.

I think Jonas has a good point, HOWEVER, I do believe that Cartman just may possibly be a closet homosexual. Whether it is for gag or character development purposes (*cough*Stewie*cough*) is the question. What I mean is, he could not even know it himself though, or of course he could make measely little comments without even meaning it, or thinking that it would make himself look better in public. (Like in the "South Park is Gay" episode when claiming that chicks would be all over them and whatnot.) Hell, his "homosexual" tendencies, if you will, seem more of just a recent gag. So you never know...

Plus, the actual definition of gay is to be attracted to but NOT exclusively to men. (Not to be confused with bisexuality; freely going both ways)

Cartman wouldn't strike me as the stereotypical gay... just a sadistic kind of gay, if you get what I mean. And if he's not gay, he'd be asexual, for only caring about himself rather than others.

Personally, I think maybe it might just be that Cartman's sexuality is just simply ambiguous, and supposed to make you wonder and question, without ever getting an answer.
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:57 am

cant say but he really might be, there are certainly many hints of it

btw have you noticed that in season 12 they have already called him gay twice? in toonsil trouble cause kyle kept saying that he gave him aids (lmfao!) and in super fun time cause butters wont let go of his hand hehehe

Return to “Character Discussion”