Is Cartman GAY?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

blagardson

Postby blagardson » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:44 am

Have you seen the episode "something you can do with your finger"
If you have Then you could say for sure he is not gay. Plus in "chef goes Nanners" he enjoys wendy kissing him.
yo-bindi

Postby yo-bindi » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:46 am

cartman kind-of seems gay but he isn't :?
Cartman's Top Enemy

Re: Is Cartman GAY?

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:36 pm

trentBowie wrote:Either way, we love our Cartman even if he is a selfish assh*le with titties.

We? :?

Georgia Athanaileas wrote:I don't think an 8 or 10 year old knows enough about sexuality to be exclusively selective to one type.

The gays I've know say that they've always knew something was different about them--they just coudn't define it unil they got older--and that they weren't attracted to the opposite gender for as long as they can remember.
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
Athena1999

Re: Is Cartman GAY?

Postby Athena1999 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:29 am

Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:
Georgia Athanaileas wrote:I don't think an 8 or 10 year old knows enough about sexuality to be exclusively selective to one type.

The gays I've know say that they've always knew something was different about them--they just coudn't define it unil they got older--and that they weren't attracted to the opposite gender for as long as they can remember.

I take it Cartman not only knows something is different about him... he's come to accept it. I mean, come on! Unless everything he's done that provides evidence that he's gay
(and I think we've already covered what that incriminating evidence is, thank you very much) is actually part of some huge master plot to fool the others (which is highly unlikely), I'd say he's just a fruitcake. Seriously, I don't even have gay-dar, but I can tell when it's blatantly obvious.
Rualya

Postby Rualya » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:45 am

Cartman's probally not gay,but if he will turn out to be who cares. Cartman is only nine and has no idea that what he's doing is gay. In Raisins he shows no intrest in girls, but in Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society he thought Bebe was better than anyone else. However, he played dolls in that episode.
Thank you so much Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
ProfChaos42

Postby ProfChaos42 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:09 pm

Okay, I just bought the Eighth Season, and on a re-watch of "AWESOME-O 4000", I'm now pretty convinced that he's gay.
deathandecay

Postby deathandecay » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:04 pm

There is some evidence that ive noticed that can make cartman, not gay, but...bisexual.

The sucking from the hose, which was already mentioned so ill skip that.

Mr jefferson. Mr jefferson. Mr jefferson.

He actually has been interested in girls. Wendy, for one. And him wanting to go to the whore party in 'stupid spoiled whore playset'.
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:41 am

Rualya wrote:Cartman's probally not gay,but if he will turn out to be who cares. Cartman is only nine and has no idea that what he's doing is gay. In Raisins he shows no intrest in girls, but in Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society he thought Bebe was better than anyone else. However, he played dolls in that episode.

Before Bebe had tits, he was the onlykid in town with them. I'd thought he would be jealous.
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:11 am

Rualya wrote:Cartman's probally not gay,but if he will turn out to be who cares. Cartman is only nine and has no idea that what he's doing is gay. In Raisins he shows no intrest in girls, but in Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society he thought Bebe was better than anyone else. However, he played dolls in that episode.

Before Bebe had tits, he was the onlykid in town with them. I'd thought he would be jealous.

Or maybe he just wanted to spite the other kids by taking Bebe away from them. You just never know with Fatass... -.-
luxurious

Postby luxurious » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:53 am

deathandecay wrote:There is some evidence that ive noticed that can make cartman, not gay, but...bisexual.

He actually has been interested in girls. Wendy, for one. And him wanting to go to the whore party in 'stupid spoiled whore playset'.

He's a kid, which means he's still naive. He thought he was sucking from a hose. What happened in the Mr. Jefferson that made Cartman look gay? Cartman is just a kid, he isn't gay.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:32 pm

luxurious wrote:
deathandecay wrote:There is some evidence that ive noticed that can make cartman, not gay, but...bisexual.

He's a kid, which means he's still naive. He thought he was sucking from a hose. What happened in the Mr. Jefferson that made Cartman look gay? Cartman is just a kid, he isn't gay.

Erm... that scene with Cartman and "Mr. Jefferson" in bed was actually part of Stan's dream. But he certainly did seem to stand up for Mr. Jefferson a lot and get defensive at times. He does seem to enjoy being around older men (in search of a father figure, perhaps?) to quite an extent.

But I'm still not an expert in this kind of thing. I don't know if gays exhibit homosexual behavior as kids, and if they do... Cartman is definitely a fruitcake.
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:45 pm

[quote="Athena1999":722e5]

But I'm still not an expert in this kind of thing. I don't know if gays exhibit homosexual behavior as kids, and if they do... Cartman is definitely a fruitcake.[/quote:722e5]

It's touchy... I mean gays may have acted "gay" as kids, but the real question, assuming that's true, is if straits acted "strait" as kids.

Prior to puberty, there can be no sexual orientation. It's just physically impossible. There's no capacity for reproduction and the organs that produce the hormones to influence sex drive haven't started functioning yet. That changes from age to age and some kids develope faster, but it's extremely rare in nine year old boys. (Nine year old girls are a different story.)

Most kids relate better to their own sex, so if we judge kids by the gender they associate with the most, then the result would appear to show [b:722e5]all[/b:722e5] kids were fruity.

I think Cartman follows older men around because he needs and wants a father figure.

Disclaimer: I'm not a biology major! I just have read a couple chapters on reproduction and development in a few books. I'm open to correction.

That's being [i:722e5]realistic[/i:722e5] about it!
Based on the extremely fictional and outlandish way he acts in the show, Cartman is deffinately gay!
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:23 pm

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:Prior to puberty, there can be no sexual orientation. It's just physically impossible. There's no capacity for reproduction and the organs that produce the hormones to influence sex drive haven't started functioning yet. That changes from age to age and some kids develope faster, but it's extremely rare in nine year old boys. (Nine year old girls are a different story.)

Ok, but what about the psychological aspect of sexual orientation? That certainly plays a factor long before the physical factor kicks in. Also consider the belief that sexual orientation is determined genetically.

An interesting site: http://www.borngayprocon.org/
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:33 pm

Rebecca_Cutswald wrote:Prior to puberty, there can be no sexual orientation. It's just physically impossible. There's no capacity for reproduction and the organs that produce the hormones to influence sex drive haven't started functioning yet. That changes from age to age and some kids develope faster, but it's extremely rare in nine year old boys. (Nine year old girls are a different story.)

Ok, but what about the psychological aspect of sexual orientation? That certainly plays a factor long before the physical factor kicks in. Also consider the belief that sexual orientation is determined genetically.

Interesting read, actually.

Hmmm. It seems plausible, given that I know a couple of families where at least two of the children are homosexual. But it makes me wonder if that results from being around each other the entire time, so they might innately receive that sexual orientation... because siblings do tend to have similar personalities. (With the exception of my family. XD)

I think it's more of a psychological thing than any, because I know a few families where only one sibling is gay, and the rest are pretty straight.
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:39 pm

I actually have little doubt that homosexuality is something one is born with. I do however find the claims that homosexuals can be spotted pre-puberty.

By the "psychological aspect of sexual orientation", I assume you mean a non-sexual possibly romantic interest in people? Kids express romantic interest in eachother all the time. Primarily in the same sex because as I said, that's the sex they can better understand and relate to. It's a "team", as best friends or "super best friends", they trade valentines day cards with the same sex, hug and even kiss. They express distaste for actual sex and the concept of sex in general including members of the opposite sex. The key thing here being all kids do. Some of these kids grow up to be gay and some of them grow up to be strait.

Now if you want to talk about physical signs of homosexuality in kids, even infants, I have heard some say there are some discernable traits in males but I don't know what those are, and considering the simplistic style of South Park, I seriously doubt they've been shown.

Now if gays all know they are different, which I believe is possible, that would be something on a personal level because I doubt there is any scientist as yet who could tell you strictly by behavior which kids will grow up gay and which will grow up strait. And besides, don't all children feel "different" and unusual at some point in their lives? Even outcast? We should be careful how we interprit personal experiences.

I think it's more of a psychological thing than any, because I know a few families where only one sibling is gay, and the rest are pretty straight.

To Athena, we aren't clones, we're a random combination of our parents genes. Just because a family has one red headed child, doesn't mean all their children will be red heads. The same could be said for gays. Obviously it is possible, if homosexuality is genetic, for one child to be born gay and his siblings to be born strait just as one child can be born with blue eyes and his brother born with brown eyes.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*

Return to “Character Discussion”