Is Cartman GAY?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

KennySniffsPaint

Postby KennySniffsPaint » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:31 am

Now that I think about it, Cartman was just acting bummed out about the video being shown, he was still there. Atleast he didn't freak out and exterminate an entire race.
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:50 am

look anyone would be embarassed about a video shown to everyone about smoething like that.also even if he was gay how would we know. theyre very young and little. when youre at that age, of course youre not going to know if theyre gay,straight, or bi. its impossible to know what you are when youre that young.
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:32 am

fattass12 wrote:look anyone would be embarassed about a video shown to everyone about smoething like that.also even if he was gay how would we know. theyre very young and little. when youre at that age, of course youre not going to know if theyre gay,straight, or bi. its impossible to know what you are when youre that young.

Yeah, we covered that.
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
KennySniffsPaint

Postby KennySniffsPaint » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:07 am

Actually, thats not always the case.

You always hear stories, about people 'knowing' they were different when they were really young.

Cartman most certainly is different, lol
professor_butters1

Postby professor_butters1 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:50 am

O-KAY, I've got some problems with some of this.

KennySniffsPaint wrote:How is Cartman not gay?

Sure, he's no Flaming Stewie Griffin- but they're not THAT different.

Cartman is older, still doesn' understand the world fully- and it's been the subject of many of his character traits. Cartman is a HUGE homosexual.

1. His obsession with Hitler. It's not normal, and niether was Adolph

"Not normal" is not the same as "homosexual." His obsession with Hitler is deeply sick, yeah, and so is he, probably, but that doesn't have anything to do with his sexuality.

2. AWESOME-O. Yes, you can dress up like a chick, and not want to be gay- but how often is that? They made it a PUBLIC EPISODE. If Cartman was truely straight, he wouldn't of cared if the video was shown.

Are you kidding me? He doesn't want people making fun of him. When everybody in town was metrosexual, then it would be fine. A straight kid would freak out, same as a gay kid, if it meant he'd get ripped on at school.

BTW, a *lot* of transvestites are straight, and a *lot* of gay guys have absolutely no interest in dressing like a woman.

If AWESOME-O is indicative of anything, it's in his making out with the Justin Timberlake cutout.

3. It's Eric friggin' Cartman.

Kenny said it himself, 'Cartman, you will die alone.' Cartman is a horrible excuse of a person, and has OBVIOUS idenity crisis.
(etc.)

Cartman is going to die alone because he is a jerk. NOT because he is or isn't gay. Big Gay Al isn't going to die alone. Mrs. Garrison probably is.

Look, you probably didn't mean it like this, but it's coming off as though you are equating sick, perverted, evil, messed up, and gay, and that kinda bugs me. And they don't all belong together, though for all I know that's what they might end up doing with him.

EDIT: I didn't mean to come off like the ass that I am.
OK, good.

Cartman's sexuality--it's a pretty messy topic isn't it? I suppose the best you can come up with is "Hugely sexually confused, along with everything else that's wrong with him." Sometimes I think one of the most useful indices to his character is in "South Park is Gay": "When the girls see how gay we are, they'll be all over us!" Maximally clueless.

Slightly OT: I'm always interested in how fandom seems to have decided that *Butters* is gay. Because Butters is so straight, even if he is a wuss (those things can go together too). Just my opinion, but he was the one who lit up like a Christmas tree at Raisins, and he was certainly ready to start repopulating the earth: "I'm ready when you are, ma'am." And his hanging around with the girls at the Slumber party really does remind me of Jack Lemmon in "Some Like It Hot," taking full advantage of being Daphne in order to frolic with girls.

With all due respect--

~~Professor Butters
Mr_Jefferson_killed_Kenny

Postby Mr_Jefferson_killed_Kenny » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:44 pm

Like you said, Cartman's personality is a very messy topic.

I guess we can't really decide for sure whether he's "gay" or not, seeing as he's a cartoon. It's really all up to M&T.

He's definitely got some problems, and he's very confused about what he is whatever it may be. I mean... he does show how much he likes girls in some episodes, but then goes and...well... makes out with Justin Timberlake or something in another.

We also have to consider the fact that this is South Park, and Matt and Trey will put stupid things in there that really mean nothing, because it makes the show more funny.

Anyway... I guess my post brought up nothing... useless :P
Atah!!!

Postby Atah!!! » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:51 pm

wendy kissed him one and he seemed to like it/
What awaits everyone in heaven is eternal peace, divine rest, and $10,000 cash.
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:03 pm

Atah!!! wrote:wendy kissed him one and he seemed to like it/

Thta's because that ws the first time someone kissed him who didn't consider the dangers of hog cholera by neither fumigating him beforehand nor scrubbing their lips with a brillo pad afterward.
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
fattass12

Postby fattass12 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:06 pm

i think the big reason he liked it is probally how he rubbed it in stans face.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:09 pm

Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:

Thta's because that ws the first time someone kissed him who didn't consider the dangers of hog cholera by neither fumigating him beforehand nor scrubbing their lips with a brillo pad afterward.

Does this mean that Wendy practices bestiality? Shame on her! D:
Oneirogenic

Postby Oneirogenic » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:17 am

:0 Professor Butters, you just awed me with your incredible grasp of logic.

[quote="professor_butters1":164e1]Are you kidding me? He doesn't want people making fun of him. When everybody in town was metrosexual, then it would be fine. A straight kid would freak out, same as a gay kid, if it meant he'd get ripped on at school.

BTW, a *lot* of transvestites are straight, and a *lot* of gay guys have absolutely no interest in dressing like a woman.

If AWESOME-O is indicative of anything, it's in his making out with the Justin Timberlake cutout.
[/quote:164e1]
I really don't think people realize that a lot of transvestites are NOT homosexual. You're right in that the only piece of "evidence" regarding his actual sexuality was his making out with the cutout. Everything else points to him being merely fruity, or possibly even a little gender confused. But not [i:164e1]gay[/i:164e1]

[quote="professor_butters1":164e1]Cartman's sexuality--it's a pretty messy topic isn't it? I suppose the best you can come up with is "Hugely sexually confused, along with everything else that's wrong with him." Sometimes I think one of the most useful indices to his character is in "South Park is Gay": "When the girls see how gay we are, they'll be all over us!" Maximally clueless. [/quote:164e1]
Regardless of ANYTHING, the kid is definately confused. But he's eight years old, so it's to be expected, especially since he's already messed up in other departments. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he developed immensely bizzare paraphilias, to the point of homosexuality being the least of his worries.

[quote="professor_butters1":164e1]Slightly OT: I'm always interested in how fandom seems to have decided that *Butters* is gay. Because Butters is so straight, even if he is a wuss (those things can go together too). Just my opinion, but he was the one who lit up like a Christmas tree at Raisins, and he was certainly ready to start repopulating the earth: "I'm ready when you are, ma'am." And his hanging around with the girls at the Slumber party really does remind me of Jack Lemmon in "Some Like It Hot," taking full advantage of being Daphne in order to frolic with girls.
[/quote:164e1]
XD I *love* that movie.

And YES! Butters strikes me as rather heterosexual. I don't really consider him gay. Maybe a little fruity, but seriously, by this point, who in SP isn't at least a [i:164e1]little [/i:164e1]fruity? He obviously likes girls. Though, I didn't see anything other than nervous terror regarding the slumber party XD Until after they put him at ease. Then he just seemed to be having some innocent fun.

And CTE, I actually agree with you there. :[ He was happy to have someone regarding him with anything other than hatred or disgust.
Total_Beefcake

Postby Total_Beefcake » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:58 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrw5rHCHSIQ

ZOMG. This may make Cartman gay forever. XD It's me dancing in my Halloween costume.
[center]ImageImage
Jimmy made corn into crack? THEN HELL YES, I CARE![/center]
Butters_The_Rapist

Postby Butters_The_Rapist » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:19 pm

Total_Beefcake wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrw5rHCHSIQ

ZOMG. This may make Cartman gay forever. XD It's me dancing in my Halloween costume.

*dies*
XDDD I ENVY YOU AND YOUR AWESOME COSTUME

PS. Regarding Butters, he's a lip stick lesbian in a mans' body. DUH!

Cartman... now he's a fag.
Uncle Alex wrote:Butters_The_Rapist
Butters is lesbian? Dude, what a weird, twisted imagination you have! :roll: :)
Total_Beefcake

Postby Total_Beefcake » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:30 am

XD Thanks! LOL, I had so much fun dancing in that.
[center]ImageImage
Jimmy made corn into crack? THEN HELL YES, I CARE![/center]
kittylix

Postby kittylix » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:01 am

no he is not like u all
[img:01187]http://www.imagebee.org/images/363sig.jpg[/img:01187]
danielprive6 is the dumbess fuker on earth~i maen he is stupidr than ever1 else combin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Character Discussion”