Is Cartman GAY?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:33 pm

I can't believe I'm actually posting on this thread...
But I don't think we can tell if Cartman is gay or not. First of all, South Park lakcs continuity so I don't believe that all those times Cartman did something gay would actually count in the next episodes. And I don't think Matt and Trey would make him do all those things to show that he is gay, but rather, to make jokes. All of Cartman's gay actions shouldn't really mean anything, except be a gag on the show.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:34 pm

Wishful_Thinking wrote:I can't believe I'm actually posting on this thread...
But I don't think we can tell if Cartman is gay or not. First of all, South Park lakcs continuity so I don't believe that all those times Cartman did something gay would actually count in the next episodes. And I don't think Matt and Trey would make him do all those things to show that he is gay, but rather, to make jokes. All of Cartman's gay actions shouldn't really mean anything, except be a gag on the show.

In that vein, all things done by the characters in the show would count as gags. As such, ALL character discussion would be moot. Whether or not Matt and Trey want Eric to be gay is their decision, but until they say something in either way, then we must go on what has been shown. Therefore, gag or not, they count.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
MCkormick2

Postby MCkormick2 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:55 pm

He's not gay, he's just a bit effeminate. I can understand it, too, being son of Liane Cartman. He never did anything for himself, he's chubby and somewhat awkward and fragile. He tries to make up to it by being so sexist.

He did make some weird stuff, but, then again, so did Butters, Stan and Kyle (I can't remember Kenny doing anything gay, but I really don't remeber Kenny's plots very well).

It would be, in my opinion, more plausible for Cartman to become a psycho rapist-murderer, instead of a normal gay man, seen as he's obviously unpopular with women, and has some unresolved issues with his mom. Maybe he has Oedipus commplex. Of course, his mother is a hermafrodite, so, go figure.
This is not a sig.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:00 pm

MCkormick2 wrote:He's not gay, he's just a bit effeminate. I can understand it, too, being son of Liane Cartman. He never did anything for himself, he's chubby and somewhat awkward and fragile. He tries to make up to it by being so sexist.

He did make some weird stuff, but, then again, so did Butters, Stan and Kyle (I can't remember Kenny doing anything gay, but I really don't remeber Kenny's plots very well).

It would be, in my opinion, more plausible for Cartman to become a psycho rapist-murderer, instead of a normal gay man, seen as he's obviously unpopular with women, and has some unresolved issues with his mom. Maybe he has Oedipus commplex. Of course, his mother is a hermafrodite, so, go figure.

Possibly a type of sado-rapist-homosexual? I can see that. As for Kenny, he did give HS a blowie.
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:47 am

One thing I’ve noticed aboot a lot of you supporters of the gay Cartman thing… your genders… say Liane. Does that make you hermaphrodites, homosexuals, bisexuals or people called Liane? Or are you, like me, someone who has a sense of humour and a desire for discretion? (directed mainly at long term posters Oneirogenic, luxurious, Cartman’s top enemy). I’m not disrespecting you, I’m just curious as to know whether your personal sexual preferences have influenced your decision here as mine have.
Anyhoo, back to the topic at hand, from all the evidence in the show I’d say he’s most definitely confused (the tea parties, the Affleck thing, you know the rest…) thanks to his teacher being Mr/Mrs. Garrison and his father being the person she is, and also both his female and male role model, but not homo-(or even bi-)sexual. One of his greatest desires has always been to ‘mature’ faster than his friends (possibly because of his mother’s promiscuity leading to him wanting to be able to do what she does, probably because he just wants one over on them) and it’s this desire that’s led him into a lot of the more ‘gay’ seeming situations (like the butters cock sucking photograph, buying Tennorman’s pubes, the other evidence you all know by now…); while this could’ve been a front for his true desires (he doesn’t appear to like gays and wouldn’t want to be known publicly as one, preferring it to be kept secret like the tea-parties if he was) I suggest that it isn’t (due to gut intuition). He’s been quite often portrayed as a megalomaniac (his lust for power and desire to humiliate others symptoms of this), making him an avid attention seeker (thus causing most of his disruptive behaviour, including the gay stuff that he’s too ignorant and stupid to know is gay); he’s also copied stuff he saw on TV a few times (he dressed up as a Vietnamese prostitute and sucked a celebrity’s penis (forget who, not that it matters) after he hit his head and thought he was a character from one of his favourite films, Full metal Jacket [which he quotes all the time as this character and often in other episodes also so I know he’s at least watched the film]), so some of the other stuff might be him copying stuff he say on TV as well; he could just be playing (as I’m sure you did as a kid) when he dresses up as a girl and has tea parties or dances with a celebrity doll (I consider myself hetro and I did far more ‘gay’ things when I was his age, from tea parties to dressing up in my mum’s clothes to a passionate obsession with Mao Tsetsung and Margret Thatcher [up to and including sewing pictures of their portraits], but that was just my lust for power/ lack of friends I considered equal to myself, traits we share in common) which I’m sure all of us did before we reached a sexually active age; a lot of the time he’s just plain too stupid to know he’s being used, often thinking he’s the one doing the using (like in the NAMbLA episode) or he does it for a clear personal positional gain or a gain in power (like in ‘Cartman Sucks,’ when he does it to get power over Butters not realising what it actually meant).
He doesn’t know what gay is, he just knows it’s frowned upon by society (and his own prejudice) and wants to make others look gay, I’m quite sure he thinks he can’t become gay and that if he did then he could just undo it. As I’ve said before, he’s attracted to power more than either gender (being, like me, a megalomaniac), and so does things to humiliate people (that look gay because he thinks it’s just another insult) and thus get power over them.
Sorry aboot the rambling state of this post, I just thought such a long forum deserved a long, long, long reply. Look out for sequels if the forum stays open!
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:48 am

One thing I’ve noticed aboot a lot of you supporters of the gay Cartman thing… your genders… say Liane. Does that make you hermaphrodites, homosexuals, bisexuals or people called Liane? Or are you, like me, someone who has a sense of humour and a desire for discretion? (directed mainly at long term posters Oneirogenic, luxurious, Cartman’s top enemy). I’m not disrespecting you, I’m just curious as to know whether your personal sexual preferences have influenced your decision here as mine have.
Anyhoo, back to the topic at hand, from all the evidence in the show I’d say he’s most definitely confused (the tea parties, the Affleck thing, you know the rest…) thanks to his teacher being Mr/Mrs. Garrison and his father being the person she is, and also both his female and male role model, but not homo-(or even bi-)sexual. One of his greatest desires has always been to ‘mature’ faster than his friends (possibly because of his mother’s promiscuity leading to him wanting to be able to do what she does, probably because he just wants one over on them) and it’s this desire that’s led him into a lot of the more ‘gay’ seeming situations (like the butters cock sucking photograph, buying Tennorman’s pubes, the other evidence you all know by now…); while this could’ve been a front for his true desires (he doesn’t appear to like gays and wouldn’t want to be known publicly as one, preferring it to be kept secret like the tea-parties if he was) I suggest that it isn’t (due to gut intuition). He’s been quite often portrayed as a megalomaniac (his lust for power and desire to humiliate others symptoms of this), making him an avid attention seeker (thus causing most of his disruptive behaviour, including the gay stuff that he’s too ignorant and stupid to know is gay); he’s also copied stuff he saw on TV a few times (he dressed up as a Vietnamese prostitute and sucked a celebrity’s penis (forget who, not that it matters) after he hit his head and thought he was a character from one of his favourite films, Full metal Jacket [which he quotes all the time as this character and often in other episodes also so I know he’s at least watched the film]), so some of the other stuff might be him copying stuff he say on TV as well; he could just be playing (as I’m sure you did as a kid) when he dresses up as a girl and has tea parties or dances with a celebrity doll (I consider myself hetro and I did far more ‘gay’ things when I was his age, from tea parties to dressing up in my mum’s clothes to a passionate obsession with Mao Tsetsung and Margret Thatcher [up to and including sewing pictures of their portraits], but that was just my lust for power/ lack of friends I considered equal to myself, traits we share in common) which I’m sure all of us did before we reached a sexually active age; a lot of the time he’s just plain too stupid to know he’s being used, often thinking he’s the one doing the using (like in the NAMbLA episode) or he does it for a clear personal positional gain or a gain in power (like in ‘Cartman Sucks,’ when he does it to get power over Butters not realising what it actually meant).
He doesn’t know what gay is, he just knows it’s frowned upon by society (and his own prejudice) and wants to make others look gay, I’m quite sure he thinks he can’t become gay and that if he did then he could just undo it. As I’ve said before, he’s attracted to power more than either gender (being, like me, a megalomaniac), and so does things to humiliate people (that look gay because he thinks it’s just another insult) and thus get power over them.
Sorry aboot the rambling state of this post, I just thought such a long forum deserved a long, long, long reply. Look out for sequels if the forum stays open!
candies

Postby candies » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:56 pm

SuperMaids wrote:One thing I’ve noticed aboot a lot of you supporters of the gay Cartman thing… your genders… say Liane. Does that make you hermaphrodites, homosexuals, bisexuals or people called Liane? Or are you, like me, someone who has a sense of humour and a desire for discretion? (directed mainly at long term posters Oneirogenic, luxurious, Cartman’s top enemy). I’m not disrespecting you, I’m just curious as to know whether your personal sexual preferences have influenced your decision here as mine have.

Wow, I agree with your longest comeback :wink:
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:26 am

SuperMaids wrote:One thing I’ve noticed aboot a lot of you supporters of the gay Cartman thing… your genders… say Liane. Does that make you hermaphrodites, homosexuals, bisexuals or people called Liane? Or are you, like me, someone who has a sense of humour and a desire for discretion? (directed mainly at long term posters Oneirogenic, luxurious, Cartman’s top enemy). I’m not disrespecting you, I’m just curious as to know whether your personal sexual preferences have influenced your decision here as mine have.

1- Most of the supporters of Cartman is Gay don't even post in this thread. Besides, I know some of the Liane Cartman gender people here, they just put that there because it's funny.(The VAST majority, anyway.)

2- Almost every last person I know that supports the theory are straight.

3- Okay, I didn't quite understand some of that post. Far too many run-on sentences and odd grammar. Besides that, very well done post!

4- Let me just do this:
You attempt to say that Cartman is a meglomaniac attention seeker whose obsession with it in fact is the cause of many of these actions. You also say that Cartman doesn't know what gay is, just knows that it is frowned upon. Often, you point out that he copies what he sees on television.

A- Is this not the same character whom many attempt to say is smart enough to plot and plan such devious acts as the murder and dismemberment of the Tenormans?
If so, at what point does his repeated odd acts that we cite as evidence fall out of the realm of ignorance? To say he is completely knowledgable and capable in one area but completely ignorant in another is folly.

B- Dressing up means nothing, I'm not even going to say Tea Parties mean anything either. I'm a crossdresser. However, dressing up as Spears and dancing to a cardboard cut-out of Timberlake? Giving Ben Afleck a handjob, and being visibly disgusted about it(Therefore allowing us to know that he knows what he has done)? The picture in Cartman Sucks? Even if we were to believe that his only motivation was to make Butters look gay, are we also to believe that he is stupid enough to not know what the original picture made him look like?

C- I yet again point to his intelligence. What he has imitated from television and has been applied as a result of trauma isn't bad. No one is pointing to him dressing up like that whore as evidence.

D-The gay things he has done:

The picture in Cartman Sucks.

Gave Ben Afleck a Handjob, technically twice.

Gave a homeless guy a BJ. The defense? His eyes were closed and he was told to suck it out of a hose. Err, yeah, quick question: Are we to believe that he had his eyes closed the entire time, not even once opening them for any reason? Unlikely.

Dressed like Britney Spears and danced around a cardboard cutout of Justin Timberlake. It isn't the dressing up part that makes him look gay, it's the dancing around Justin Timberlake part.
There are many more, but the library keyboard is moving far too slowly.

E- If the claim we want to say is that he is too stupid enough to know what he was doing, then no one who adheres to this can say he is smart. Excellent response.
ozrich

Postby ozrich » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:39 am

Butters1990 wrote:Exacly.
He worships mel gibson but so do i. And just because he jerks of ben assfleck doesnt make him gay. I dont blame Cartman for doing that :roll:

dude, if jerking off ben assfleck doenst make you gay, i dont know what does
and if you dont blame cartman for doing that, what does is say about you dude?
randyhart

Postby randyhart » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:09 am

Cartman doesnt see people as people or male or female he sees everyone as objects things that piss him off so he is bound to get fruity with both genders cause that is Cartman, he is full of hate cause he is fat and his mum decided to tell everyone in front of him she is Intersex which isnt really accepted especially by little kids

Also if Cartman thinks putting Butters dick in his mouth isnt gay then I don't know what he thinks is gay
If you want Faith+1 go here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19823&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Dont ever leave me Jesus I couldnt stand to see you go
BPN356

Postby BPN356 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:09 pm

I think he's gay, and if he turns out not gay, he sure actes like one. I mean how ignorant are you if you suck on a tube and 'white stuff comes out', make a pic. with Butters's **** in your mouth with your thumbs up, and so on...
Don't destroy my sjitty wall, dmn Mongolians!!
Jello_Biafra

Postby Jello_Biafra » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:00 am

SuperMaids wrote:No Kyle, he’s not GAY, he just performs fellatio on other men, sucks little boys balls and tells them to suck on his, dresses up as a Vietnamese prostitute and advertises that he’ll give ‘sucky sucky’ for ‘five bucky,’ has tea-parties with a doll named Polly Prissypants, is an active member of NAMBLA and ate a boys pubic hair. Nothing gay aboot any of that, I’m sure a straight guy like you who’s also done all of that stuff would agree.

That spells it out for me. Cartman couldn't be more gayer if it was eight guys blowing nine guys. :D
"Six words Lisa, 'I'm not gay, but I'll learn.'" Homer Simpson

"How do you speak my language?" Adam West

"This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." Randall; Clerks
blagardson

Postby blagardson » Thu May 03, 2007 4:11 am

why don't we just ask in the faq?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu May 03, 2007 9:38 pm

Only problem there is that the FAQ is there to ask questions that are true/false in the show. This is one that isn't True/False, and is open to debate.
jamin309

I knew I started a cool debate

Postby jamin309 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:24 am

Yeah it was me who started this debate a year ago and its because I thought cartman was a fat little fruit bag. I say hes a homo because the little twink put some guys cock in his mouth. Anyway, its just a cartoon so lets have fun with it and he seems to be a little cock sucking fag. But you know what he's the best character on the show and Butters is probably the second cause hes so stupid.
jamin309

Return to “Character Discussion”