Is Cartman GAY?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Oneirogenic
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:26 pm

Postby Oneirogenic » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:43 pm

I myself don't believe the whole "one in ten" statistic, because I think that more people are inherently bisexual, whether they consider themselves gay or straight. Most intelligent and/or emotionally troubled people understand their own potential to move beyond the binary of male and female and focus more on what traits they are attracted to in a person, regardless of gender.

If I've stated that I think Cartman is exclusively gay, then I didn't mean it exactly like that XD I tend to call him "gay" but mean "very not straight at all." He just does NOT strike me as heterosexual, regardless of his preferences toward one gender over the other.

In all honesty, I see Cartman as more aesexual at present than anything, viewing the female population as something to gain affection from (IE, gaining power over something), but not really seeing them as potentials for romance. He seems like he gravitates more toward people who satisfy him emotionally than physically. But then again, he's nine years old, and not all nine year olds feel the urge to be in a romantic relationship very often.

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:Keep in mind that Cartman never really had a father figure or male role model in his life. This would explain why he so eagerly latched on to each potential father figure in "Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut", or perhaps why he idolizes Mel Gibson as Braveheart. The only person whom he has regular contact with that he might take after is his mother, so it's not surprising if he starts to emulate some of her bad behavior. If he has a subconscious attraction to other males, it is likely not something he is aware of or that he necessarily considers 'deviant'.

I totally see that. I don't think I've tried to use his idolization of older men as an arguement for his sexuality. (;o; if I have, I was totally wrong.) He has an emotional attraction to celebrities, probably because they have everything he wants: Power and adoration.

And yeah, if he does have a subconcious attraction to other males, I doubt he'll really even realize that it's anything wrong. One thing about Cartman is that he functions by his own set of rules, disregarding the socially enforced right-and-wrongs.


hahahah. ;_; I rambled.
Lessa
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:24 pm

Postby Lessa » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:53 pm

I don't think hes gay, but I do agree with everyone saying that it wouldn't be a bad thing if he where.

I don't think hes gay because, in the henifer lopez episode he really didn't like jacking off Affleck. Because he looked truely hurt when Wendy shot him down. Because when he did the out of control thing and dressed like a girl he was doing that to win a prize.And finally because in the Micheal Jackson episode remember that was STAN having the dream.

-Lessa
"Don't F*ck with Wendy Testaburger!"

I <3 MATT STONE AND TREY PARKER!
cartman8213
Posts: 924
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:32 pm

Postby cartman8213 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:25 pm

Lessa wrote:I don't think hes gay, but I do agree with everyone saying that it wouldn't be a bad thing if he where.

I don't think hes gay because, in the henifer lopez episode he really didn't like jacking off Affleck. Because he looked truely hurt when Wendy shot him down. Because when he did the out of control thing and dressed like a girl he was doing that to win a prize.And finally because in the Micheal Jackson episode remember that was STAN having the dream.

-Lessa

You didn't get every one of them. I think it's list time. I don't think any of them are very good arguements. Jacking Ben Affleck was actually Hennifer Lopez. I still believe that Cartman wasn't making it up. He just acted like it at the end to embarrass Kyle.

When Wendy shut him down, that made a good point to me that he was at least a little straight. That's the main reason I think he's bisexual. If he wasn't upset when that happen I would think he's 99% gay. (I still believe everyone's at least a very tiny bit bisexual.)

These are the things you missed in there.
  • Cartman making out and dancing with the Justin Timberlake cut-out.
  • Cartman wanted to lick Mel Gibson's balls.
  • The bond he has with Stan. I personally think that he just like the attention from him.
  • Last but not least, how he always wants Kyle to physically kiss his ass.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Image
Image
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
Some Puerto Rican Guy
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:08 am

Postby Some Puerto Rican Guy » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:47 pm

Oh come on. Seriously. Cartman is not gay. Cartman is just young and naive. He's 9-years old.

Cartman did all that stuff to Ben Affleck in order to screw up Affleck and J.Lo's careers.

As for the Justin Timberlake thing, I think maybe this was another scam of Cartman's. Perhaps he was trying to screw up Justin and Britney's careers just like he did with Affleck and J.LO.
cartman8213
Posts: 924
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:32 pm

Postby cartman8213 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:02 pm

Hennifer Lopez had already screwed up Jennifer Lopez's career. How was that gonna screw up Ben Affleck's career. It wouldn't do anything at all. I would like an explanation on how that did anything to his career. I don't think Cartman controlled Hennifer, though. It was Hennifer sucking Ben's cock. Seriously, if it was just Cartman acting, then why would he keep himself up singing in bed.

How could Cartman making out with the Justin Timberlake cut-out possibly have even the slightest effect on their career? That doesn't make sense at all. You could argue that he was disturbed. I think a tea party works better if you're disturbed, but you could still argue that.

My point about Cartman wanting Kyle to always kiss his ass still hasn't been argued. I would love an explanation for that as well. I doubt anyone even touches this one. There is no way you can get around that. That is as gay as Elton John's fannypack. :roll:
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Image
Image
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
Some Puerto Rican Guy
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:08 am

Postby Some Puerto Rican Guy » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:58 pm

cartman8213 wrote:Hennifer Lopez had already screwed up Jennifer Lopez's career. How was that gonna screw up Ben Affleck's career. It wouldn't do anything at all. I would like an explanation on how that did anything to his career. I don't think Cartman controlled Hennifer, though. It was Hennifer sucking Ben's cock. Seriously, if it was just Cartman acting, then why would he keep himself up singing in bed.

How could Cartman making out with the Justin Timberlake cut-out possibly have even the slightest effect on their career? That doesn't make sense at all. You could argue that he was disturbed. I think a tea party works better if you're disturbed, but you could still argue that.

My point about Cartman wanting Kyle to always kiss his ass still hasn't been argued. I would love an explanation for that as well. I doubt anyone even touches this one. There is no way you can get around that. That is as gay as Elton John's fannypack. :roll:



You asked how that could screw up Ben Affleck's career. Don't you remember what happend? His heart was broken and he became miserable. That could definitely screw up his career or even his life for that matter.

As for the Justin Timberlake thing, you never really know. It could have been a scam that we aren't very sure of. You know Cartman. He can do pretty much anything. He's a genius.

Cartman telling Kyle to kiss his ass means nothing. He just hates Kyle. Stuff like that shouldn't be taken so seriously. People say "kiss my ass" all the time. It doesn't mean they are gay.
cartman8213
Posts: 924
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:32 pm

Postby cartman8213 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:07 pm

Some Puerto Rican Guy wrote:You asked how that could screw up Ben Affleck's career. Don't you remember what happend? His heart was broken and he became miserable. That could definitely screw up his career or even his life for that matter.

Good point. You win that part. I don't even think Cartman was controlling Hennifer, so that wasn't a very good arguement on my part.

Some Puerto Rican Guy wrote:As for the Justin Timberlake thing, you never really know. It could have been a scam that we aren't very sure of. You know Cartman. He can do pretty much anything. He's a genius.

There's no scam involved when there are no people around watching, and you're clearly very embarrassed when everyone sees what you're doing. Even if there was the slightest chance that he did it to screw up their careers, then he would've just embarrassed Butters right when he said he would show everyone next time Cartman embarrassed him.

Some Puerto Rican Guy wrote:Cartman telling Kyle to kiss his ass means nothing. He just hates Kyle. Stuff like that shouldn't be taken so seriously. People say "kiss my ass" all the time. It doesn't mean they are gay.

I wouldn't think he was gay if he just said kiss my ass, but he wanted Kyle to physically kiss his ass. That is very gay. He really likes when Kyle kisses his ass, and that is GAY.
Lessa wrote:OMG!

Don't start an argument like that. It doesn't do anything for you.
Last edited by cartman8213 on Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Image
Image
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
Some Puerto Rican Guy
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:08 am

Postby Some Puerto Rican Guy » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:26 pm

Well, again, Cartman is only about nine years old. Making Kyle kiss his a** is just part of the fact that he is immature and stupid and young and the fact that he hates Kyle and wants to make him look stupid.
cartman8213
Posts: 924
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:32 pm

Postby cartman8213 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:46 am

Some Puerto Rican Guy wrote:Well, again, Cartman is only about nine years old. Making Kyle kiss his a** is just part of the fact that he is immature and stupid and young and the fact that he hates Kyle and wants to make him look stupid.

Every time someone arguing on your side is caught in a situation like this, they always say,"He's only nine years old." That doesn't really matter. I see gay tendencies at young ages, and the people later turn out gay.
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Image
Image
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
Some Puerto Rican Guy
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:08 am

Postby Some Puerto Rican Guy » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:43 pm

cartman8213 wrote:
Some Puerto Rican Guy wrote:Well, again, Cartman is only about nine years old. Making Kyle kiss his a** is just part of the fact that he is immature and stupid and young and the fact that he hates Kyle and wants to make him look stupid.

Every time someone arguing on your side is caught in a situation like this, they always say,"He's only nine years old." That doesn't really matter. I see gay tendencies at young ages, and the people later turn out gay.


Maybe, but telling Kyle to kiss his a** doesn't mean he is gay or that he is going to turn out gay in future. That's just what I think.
Cartman's Top Enemy
Posts: 570
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:37 am

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:27 pm

Some Puerto Rican Guy wrote:Oh come on. Seriously. Cartman is not gay. Cartman is just young and naive. He's 9-years old.

Cartman did all that stuff to Ben Affleck in order to screw up Affleck and J.Lo's careers.

As for the Justin Timberlake thing, I think maybe this was another scam of Cartman's. Perhaps he was trying to screw up Justin and Britney's careers just like he did with Affleck and J.LO.


Some Puerto Rican Guy wrote:As for the Justin Timberlake thing, you never really know. It could have been a scam that we aren't very sure of. You know Cartman. He can do pretty much anything. He's a genius.


How can he screw up careers? How is he a genius? He's just young and naive. He's 9-years old.
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
Lessa
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:24 pm

Postby Lessa » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:36 pm

cartman8213 wrote:
Some Puerto Rican Guy wrote:Well, again, Cartman is only about nine years old. Making Kyle kiss his a** is just part of the fact that he is immature and stupid and young and the fact that he hates Kyle and wants to make him look stupid.

Every time someone arguing on your side is caught in a situation like this, they always say,"He's only nine years old." That doesn't really matter. I see gay tendencies at young ages, and the people later turn out gay.


Wait a second, I NEVER once said that it was because he was nine years old. Because I agree with you, alot of gay people both men and women know that they are gay from a young age.

The arugment I put out there is that the he wants Kyle to kiss his ass for real because A he hates Kyle and wants to make him look like an idiot and B because he wants to fart on him because he hates him! You have given no reasons why this is wrong and I just shot down that whole part of your argument.

-Lessa
"Don't F*ck with Wendy Testaburger!"

I <3 MATT STONE AND TREY PARKER!
Oneirogenic
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:26 pm

Postby Oneirogenic » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:49 pm

>o> Yeah, I can't chalk his infatuation with Kyle up to anything more than pure hatred for him.

However, you can make the stretch that his hatred of Kyle stems from the fact that he's jealous of him and wants to make him miserable because Kyle has something that HE doesn't. And then, after making that stretch, you can go a little further to say that one [of the most important] of those things Kyle has is Stan. Cartman could easily be jealous of their close relationship, and resent Kyle for it, because he wants to be close with Stan. He just kind of fails at friendship in general, though. Miserably.


D: On the other topic, he seems to have an ass-fixation, but kids at that age are all, "lol butts" anyway. >o> He did seem to not mind [if not kind of enjoy] the Proctologist's hand up his ass, though. I don't think that would make him gay, but I'll be damned if it didn't help the case along a little bit.
Lessa
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:24 pm

Postby Lessa » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:03 pm

Oneirogenic wrote:>o> Yeah, I can't chalk his infatuation with Kyle up to anything more than pure hatred for him.


Yep, he has proven it time and time again that he wants Kyle dead or he wants to get rid of Kyle. For example, in Gray Dawn he wanted to have Kyle strape a bomb to himself and blow up the Country Kitchen. Another example when the boys where trying to get babe to join them it was Cartmans idea to get rid of Kyle, oh yeah he is SOOOO attracted to Kyle :roll:.

-Lessa
"Don't F*ck with Wendy Testaburger!"

I <3 MATT STONE AND TREY PARKER!
Total_Beefcake
Posts: 748
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 10:55 pm

Postby Total_Beefcake » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:21 pm

Ugh. Cartman is NOT gay.
[center]ImageImage
Jimmy made corn into crack? THEN HELL YES, I CARE![/center]

Return to “Character Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest